cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v4.1.6.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Core service updates:
1. Armoury Crate Service v4.1.5
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.1.5
3. ROG Live Service v1.2.12.0
4. AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.06
5. AuraLayerManager (AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.16

New features:
1. Add new “Dashboard” for ASUS/ROG motherboard built-in system
2. Add “Manually update” function
3. Add ASUS account and product registration recommendation to build better service connection
4. Add a new pattern for Aura Sync - Rainbow effect
5. Enable multi-zone RGB keyboard light zone type
6. Support Microsoft narrator rule

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
1. Optimize component update process & Fix update failed issues
2. Enhance Aura Sync - Starry Night effect for few devices
3. Enhance GUI layout and UI interactive behavior
4. Fix Aura Sync “smart mode” effect issue
5. Fix Corsair DRAM Aura Sync issue

Newly supported models:
1. [Keyboard] ROG Falchion NX, ROG Strix Scope NX, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Moonlight White
2. [Mouse] ROG Strix Impact II Moonlight White
3. [Headset, Headset stand] ROG Cetra II

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

nitinvaid20 wrote:
My AISUTE is broken because of this?

I had the same issue.
Uninstall Armoury and reinstall it. For me solved.

RobertoSampaio wrote:
I had the same issue.
Uninstall Armoury and reinstall it. For me solved.

This worked but had to uninstall all ASUS related stuffs reboot
install AI SUTE
reboot then install Armoury again

This version still messes up monitor color profile.

Always has been. ðŸ˜*

Fan Control of Ryujin 360 shows CPU Temp 0C. And thats why the ryujin 360 is not cooling with new update. The new updates nearly destroyed my CPU.

Please fix it.

thanks

Fil

Erwin05
Level 10
Today i installed the latest update and i got this at the end of it.

Kapten_Amirudin
Level 7
After update this morning, my Ryujin cannot open the options, lead to fan running 100% all time.

Please help. Have been reinstall many times, still same.

sdmf74
Level 11
@ MasterC@ROG

Why are you guys adding in all this monitoring crap (DASHBOARD) into Armory crate?! Seriously we already have plenty of monitoring programs that work 1000 times better.
I thought you guys always said to us "dont have multiple polling programs open at once". I always have hwinfo64 open on a second monitor.

With this new AC update it seems to have broken everything! I cant open my Realtek Audio Console now its just a spinning circle, I cant open most sections of armory crate its just spinning circles trying to load forever also. Windows wont enter sleep AGAIN (THIS IS A CLEAN WINDOWS 10 INSTALL FROM 14 DAYS AGO). Armory crate somehow keeps unchecking the "allow this pc to turn off this device to save power" option in device manager under the sound, video & game controllers heading which repeatedly cause the following result in command promt > powercfg requests....

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] ASUS Utility (ROOT\MEDIA\0000)
An audio stream is currently in use.
[DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

Overriding the legacy kernal caller & [DRIVER] ASUS Utility (ROOT\MEDIA\0000) does not help cause armory crate resets it daily.
WHY HAVE REDUNDANT FAN CONTROLS IN AISUITEIII & ARMORY CRATE? WE DONT NEED THE SAME FUNCTIONALITY IN MULTIPLE PROGRAMS & WE DONT NEED CONFLICTING POLLING PROGRAMS THAT MAKE THE MOTHERBOARD SENSORS GO HAYWIRE! ie AC Dashboard

Is there any way I can just download Armory crate without the new dashboard & fan controls PLEASE? You guys dont list older versions for download
This is crazy you guys should just be working on getting Armory crate to work reliably just as you did with AISUITEIII finally! NOT adding all these redundant useless features.

1. PC - Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-11900k
2. Aura Sync products - None
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software - Wooting one, EK DRGB RGB LED strips, Razer Viper
4. Wired / wireless connection - Wired
5. Reinstalled Windows? - YES Clean Install from usb drive less than 2 weeks ago
6. Windows version & build - Up to date - 21H1 build 19043.1055
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - The last version before this Dashboard update was working fine EXCEPT 1. it kept resetting the number of leds back to 120 for all 3 headers & 2. It kept automatically unchecking "allow this pc to turn off this device to save power" option in device manager under the sound, video & game controllers heading & breaking windows sleep function. PLEASE just fix those two issues and REMOVE THE DASHBOARD! Its been painfully slow (the couple times I was able to get it to open) Doesnt matter if I close all other polling/monitoring programs or not.
8. Clear description of your issue - see above ( I cant uninstall Armory crate & leave it removed cause I need a way to control my DRGB LED strips)
9. Any screenshots of the issue - see below

I dont mean to come off as being upset but this is crazy, This is like microsoft crazy. You guys had things like 95% nailed down running smoothly & you go adding all these UNECCESSARY Add-ons to Armory crate like Dashboard, Register products smh, Game library, scenarios, manuals, User Center, Settings, News, Featured, Tools, Aura Sync, Device, Another bios download location (which contains an outdated bios version, game deals, seperate places to adjust LEDS depending if the motherboard is powered down or not lmao. ITS A MESS!!!!

Remove all this bloatware crap, Armory crate should be a program that gives us the ability to adjust our DRGB LEDS, keyboards & mice & 3rd party perifs etc. but you have added 29 extra programs to Armory crate & a place to buy games! A dashboard and all this other aforementioned bloated crap & now NONE OF IT WORKS.

Im sure this will put me to the top of the list but come on, who thought this would be a good idea? So much for my clean install of windows 10

Im not sure what log collection tool you are referring to but if I had to guess thats probably included within armory crate too, unfortunately If I cant open or use AC I cant use it to log anything.
========================================================

EDIT AS YOU REQUESTED:
-----------------------
I just updated to the new version of Armory Crate released today 6/18/2021 V3.1.0.0 & its still not working. The device header finds my motherboard but then I get the loading "spinning circle" forever & nothing loads!

The new version also borked my realtek audio console Yet Again, It wont load again either

In addition to the other problems Armory Crate v3.1.0.0 is still preventing my computer from entering sleep. I have tried overriding with the following commands & allowing all devices to sleep & disabled all wake timers etc. but AC wont allow sleep no matter what....

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER ASUS Utility (ROOT\MEDIA\0000)
C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer
C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "Legacy Kernel Caller" SYSTEM
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sdmf74 wrote:
Why are you guys adding in all this monitoring crap (DASHBOARD) into Armory crate?! Seriously we already have plenty of monitoring programs that work 1000 times better.
I thought you guys always said to us "dont have multiple polling programs open at once". I always have hwinfo64 open on a second monitor.

With this new AC update it seems to have broken everything! I cant open my Realtek Audio Console now its just a spinning circle, I cant open most sections of armory crate its just spinning circles trying to load forever also. Windows wont enter sleep AGAIN (THIS IS A CLEAN WINDOWS 10 INSTALL FROM 14 DAYS AGO). Armory crate somehow keeps unchecking the "allow this pc to turn off this device to save power" option in device manager under the sound, video & game controllers heading which repeatedly cause the following result in command promt > powercfg requests....

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] ASUS Utility (ROOT\MEDIA\0000)
An audio stream is currently in use.
[DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

Overriding the legacy kernal caller & [DRIVER] ASUS Utility (ROOT\MEDIA\0000) does not help cause armory crate resets it daily.
WHY HAVE REDUNDANT FAN CONTROLS IN AISUITEIII & ARMORY CRATE? WE DONT NEED THE SAME FUNCTIONALITY IN MULTIPLE PROGRAMS & WE DONT NEED CONFLICTING POLLING PROGRAMS THAT MAKE THE MOTHERBOARD SENSORS GO HAYWIRE! ie AC Dashboard

Is there any way I can just download Armory crate without the new dashboard & fan controls PLEASE? You guys dont list older versions for download
This is crazy you guys should just be working on getting Armory crate to work reliably just as you did with AISUITEIII finally! NOT adding all these redundant useless features.

1. PC - Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-11900k
2. Aura Sync products - None
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software - Wooting one, EK DRGB RGB LED strips, Razer Viper
4. Wired / wireless connection - Wired
5. Reinstalled Windows? - YES Clean Install from usb drive less than 2 weeks ago
6. Windows version & build - Up to date - 21H1 build 19043.1055
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - The last version before this Dashboard update was working fine EXCEPT 1. it kept resetting the number of leds back to 120 for all 3 headers & 2. It kept automatically unchecking "allow this pc to turn off this device to save power" option in device manager under the sound, video & game controllers heading & breaking windows sleep function. PLEASE just fix those two issues and REMOVE THE DASHBOARD! Its been painfully slow (the couple times I was able to get it to open) Doesnt matter if I close all other polling/monitoring programs or not.
8. Clear description of your issue - see above ( I cant uninstall Armory crate & leave it removed cause I need a way to control my DRGB LED strips)
9. Any screenshots of the issue - see below

I dont mean to come off as being upset but this is crazy, This is like microsoft crazy. You guys had things like 95% nailed down running smoothly & you go adding all these UNECCESSARY Add-ons to Armory crate like Dashboard, Register products smh, Game library, scenarios, manuals, Another bios download location (which contains a bios from 3 bios' ago, user center, game deals, seperate places to adjust LEDS whether the motherboard is powered down or not lmao. ITS A MESS!!!!

Remove all this bloatware crap, Armory crate should be a program that gives us the ability to adjust our DRGB LEDS & keyboards & mice etc. but you have added 29 extra programs to Armory crate & a place to buy games! A dashboard and all this other aforementioned bloated crap & now NONE OF IT WORKS.

Im sure this will put me to the top of the list but come on, who thought this would be a good idea? So much for my clean install of windows 10

Im not sure what log collection tool you are referring to but if I had to guess thats probably included within armory crate too, unfortunately If I cant open or use AC I cant use it to log anything.

I'm with you on that, I didn't post yet cuz I've waited for a potential fix and the 24h wait after acc creation to be able to reply in this forum but seeing more people now having issue and having "fixed" mine somehow, I hope it could help you guys a bit.

1. Desktop PC: Asus Rog Strix B550-F gaming (wifi) / Ryzen 5600x, didn't bother update on my laptop Asus TUF A17
2. No Aura sync products
3. No 3rd party peripherals
4. wireless connections
5. Reinstalled Windows? - No
6. Windows version & build - 21H1 latest version
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - Yeah no issue cuz I've install only drivers no useless apps from it and manually install some drivers to latest version from their official website
8. Clear description of your issue - Preset fan overriding Bios custom fan curve and no way to give priority to Bios.

I've always use ryzen master to monitor my cpu temp and I do that on a daily basis cuz I'm kinda new to pc building, it's my 2nd rig after starting 7-8 months ago and I was just curious how it would fare from winter to summer.
Ok now my issue in details, I know ryzen cpu can handle the temp but my cpu temps run much warmer on idle and even have some temp spiking above 60c since Dashboard update after opening web browser and other apps at same time but before that CPU temp wouldn't even pass 60c that's when I suspect update was the cause.

My rig was just ultra silent the whole time and temp are higher than usual with fans kicking in really late, that's the cause of my cpu abnormal temp.
Silent and Standard preset fans run at a really low rpm with aggressive curve, it doesn't ramp up till 55-60C+ from my observation, cpu temp reading is just a decoration as it is and this make cpu runs much warmer cuz there's no in between, standard preset is just like silent preset.
Turbo is just turbo, it make fans ramp up to full speed for short burst when temp spike almost too often, it's going from silent to ultra loud in a second making it so annoying and useless.
Now desktop PC as turn into laptop with these stupid preset, being unable to change that even in BIOS.

How did I fix it ?
I've uninstalled ARMOURY CRATE, not good, CPU and case fans would always run at full RPM even with my custom fan curves after rebooting PC, fans would ramp up again to full and stay there. Funny thing I've reinstalled ARMOURY CRATE and fans would go back to the low preset like normal.
So I've decided to try AI suite III for the first time after reading about the app details and surprise fans are back to normal using my bios settings o.o
I didn't want to deal with more bloatware, so AI SUITE III work and ARMOURY CRATE doesn't ? Easy choice, I've uninstalled ARMOURY CRATE and keep AI SUITE III for now and everything is fine again.

Note: ARMOURY CRATE can take so long to reinstall so don't be scared to let it run if it feels like it's stuck and no errors is popping.
Note2: I've also update to latest stable BIOS for my motherboard but the issue was persisting in both, if I remember it was 1804 to 2006 bios.
Note3: I know bios update was unnecessary, it was just me trying to troubleshoot the issue, knowing summer is coming and since I didn't had any issue with ARMOURY CRATE previously, I've wanted it to last so I wouldn't have to look for third party app for RGB/fans control. So I hope Asus fix this asap.

Sertan
Level 7
Hello, I am using asus rog strix scope cherry mx red switch keyboard, after the new update, it does not see the keyboard, it gives a no connection warning. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it. Now it does not see the keyboard, I installed rog armory 2 program, it sees the keyboard. There is a problem with the new update. Whatever I did didn't work. Please help me.

1) PC
2)Asus rog strix scope cherry mx red switch keyboard
3)N/A
4)Wired connection
5)No
6)Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0
7) I don't remember, but there was no problem with the previous software version.
8)Armory Crate Software does not see my keyboard. That's why I can't set it.88992[/ATTACH]889938899488995

g713qm-hx015 - just got it week ago
windows 10 x64
everything updated, windows, drivers, BIOS, and all Asus software including keyboard firmware hotfix

Keyboard rgb microflickering visible 5 secs after setting effect (any, even solid colour), flickering not present in bios or first 5 seconds after clicking on desired effect. Also, flickring is little less visible when using Aura sync instead of device effect. Flicker is most visible on WASD segment of keyboard.
very annoying problem, please fix 🙂