cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v3.3.7.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Release Notes:
Core services updates:
Armoury Crate Service v3.3.7
Armoury Crate Lite Service v3.3.7
ROG Live Service v1.1.16.0
Lighting Service v3.04.32
ASUS Framework v2.0.2.2
AURA Lighting Effect add-on v0.0.14
(Please ensure these updates are installed before reporting issues)

New features:
-New AURA Performance Mode - For those with a masssive collection of ROG gear, this mode will make the lighting effect smoother.
-Motherboard:
*Addressable strip & devices (ARGB Gen2)
*Added AI MIC two-way noise canceling
*Added Hydrannode feature
-Laptop:
*Support single-color device lighting control
*Support Whisper mode for eGPU
*Win key lock & Armoury Crate key update
*Support for Multiwheel
-Peripherals:
*Support for "Configurable device settings when in AURA Sync mode" (selected models)
*Added "Power Consumption Notice"
*Added "Power management" feature for wireless devices
*[Mobile - Android] Added headset mobile remote configuration
**Realistic virtual surround sound effects
**Personalize the EQ profile settings
**Apply ROG preset audio profiles
**Monitor battery status of headsets

Support for new products:
[Keyboards] ROG Falchion
[Mice] ROG Keris
[Headsets] TUF H3 WIRELESS, ROG Cetra RGB, ROG Clavis
[Motherboards] Z590 series,*B560 series,*ROG Fan Controller for Z590 series
[Graphics cards] 3090 series, 3080 series, 3070 series, 3060 series
[Displays] ROG STRIX XG27AQ,*ROG SWIFT PG259QN,*ROG SWIFT PG259QNR,*ROG SWIFT PG32UQX,*ROG SWIFT PG279QM

Bug fixes:
Fixed App crash*issue*
Fixed device page "Page error" issue*
Fixed device bugs
Optimized device page loading performance
Optimized graphic asset & usage*
Enhanced the AURA Sync effect - Strobing*
Enhanced GUI*layout and UI interactive behavior
Updated device HAL & kits

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

After update 4.0.8.0 I cannot enter into the motherboard settings to change the OLED screen. After repairing the application from windows apps settings, the appliccation starts and closes immediately.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 12-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha X399
Windows 10 Pro
Version: 20H2
OS Build: 19042.867

na_maew
Level 7
After update to 4.0.8.0 My Ryujin360 cannot remember the last livedash setting turn off oled or monitor mode. When I restart the windows or turn on my computer it change to default screen it show the ROG logo. I must open armoury crate to setting everytime when I log in to windows

M/B: Prime X299 Deluxe
Cooling: Ryujin 360

LordSabathan
Level 9
I get iomap64.sys bsod after latest hall update from today...

Do you have asus gpu ?

xhitm3n
Level 7
Latest update broke my setup, my strix x570 F no longer recognized nor my ROG RYUO, i only had problems with this crappy software, who tough would be a good idea to use web tecnologies for this ? software completly broken, super slow, bloatware, even installing things without consent, this is even legal...

goran69
Level 9
I gave Armoury Crate 4.0.8.0 a new chance last week. It was about a year ago I attempted last time and it was a nightmare of issues.
This time it installed fine and all but my memory was found. However, I see that Armoury crate still disturbs and conflicts with other applications, high cpu usage etc.. And everytime I shutdown the computer one ore more random services crash out with an error. It's sad that ASUS went this road with a unified application that only made things even worse then before.
I have again been forced to uninstall this software from my computer and that with help from this forum. Sad also that ASUS make an software that cannot be uninstalled the normal way without issues. Truly sad.

I might try the software again next year. Time will tell, but I will not recommend anyone to by any hardware from ASUS until the software bundled with it works again. Worlds best hardware and worlds worst software.

I've only had occasional issues with AC in the past and I don't use the Aura portion, so I've been okay keeping it installed. But this last week has been hell. Dozens of events and errors and parts of the app crashing and the Aura unsuccessfully trying to uninstall itself 10 times a day. There were probably 100 unsuccessful uninstalls. I was unable to uninstall any of it manually, and I finally had to do a system restore (which comes with it's own issues) so I could uninstall the older version of it. And I'm not even 100% certain it's all the way gone.

I'll probably install it again once it seems fixed "enough" because I have no idea how to control the fans without it. My laptop (ROG GU502GV) is pretty basic and doesn't seem to have the configuration options others have. So I feel stuck with AC if I want to game at all.

goran69 wrote:
I gave Armoury Crate 4.0.8.0 a new chance last week. It was about a year ago I attempted last time and it was a nightmare of issues.
This time it installed fine and all but my memory was found. However, I see that Armoury crate still disturbs and conflicts with other applications, high cpu usage etc.. And everytime I shutdown the computer one ore more random services crash out with an error. It's sad that ASUS went this road with a unified application that only made things even worse then before.
I have again been forced to uninstall this software from my computer and that with help from this forum. Sad also that ASUS make an software that cannot be uninstalled the normal way without issues. Truly sad.

I might try the software again next year. Time will tell, but I will not recommend anyone to by any hardware from ASUS until the software bundled with it works again. Worlds best hardware and worlds worst software.

It was about a year ago since I last tried Crate, and I'm still holding out. As for the rest of your post, I completely agree. Everything I have is Asus, but I'm afraid I've already started looking at other brands for my next build. Just can't deal with the software Asus puts out any more.

I cant help but notice this thread is still for 3.3.7.0 and not the current latest update, are we being ignored again ?

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
I cant help but notice this thread is still for 3.3.7.0 and not the current latest update, are we being ignored again ?

Indeed we are. There should have been a staff who replied to us already if they cared about this. It's just frustrating that you bought a very expensive rig but it's just not working the way you want it to be...