cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v3.3.7.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Release Notes:
Core services updates:
Armoury Crate Service v3.3.7
Armoury Crate Lite Service v3.3.7
ROG Live Service v1.1.16.0
Lighting Service v3.04.32
ASUS Framework v2.0.2.2
AURA Lighting Effect add-on v0.0.14
(Please ensure these updates are installed before reporting issues)

New features:
-New AURA Performance Mode - For those with a masssive collection of ROG gear, this mode will make the lighting effect smoother.
-Motherboard:
*Addressable strip & devices (ARGB Gen2)
*Added AI MIC two-way noise canceling
*Added Hydrannode feature
-Laptop:
*Support single-color device lighting control
*Support Whisper mode for eGPU
*Win key lock & Armoury Crate key update
*Support for Multiwheel
-Peripherals:
*Support for "Configurable device settings when in AURA Sync mode" (selected models)
*Added "Power Consumption Notice"
*Added "Power management" feature for wireless devices
*[Mobile - Android] Added headset mobile remote configuration
**Realistic virtual surround sound effects
**Personalize the EQ profile settings
**Apply ROG preset audio profiles
**Monitor battery status of headsets

Support for new products:
[Keyboards] ROG Falchion
[Mice] ROG Keris
[Headsets] TUF H3 WIRELESS, ROG Cetra RGB, ROG Clavis
[Motherboards] Z590 series,*B560 series,*ROG Fan Controller for Z590 series
[Graphics cards] 3090 series, 3080 series, 3070 series, 3060 series
[Displays] ROG STRIX XG27AQ,*ROG SWIFT PG259QN,*ROG SWIFT PG259QNR,*ROG SWIFT PG32UQX,*ROG SWIFT PG279QM

Bug fixes:
Fixed App crash*issue*
Fixed device page "Page error" issue*
Fixed device bugs
Optimized device page loading performance
Optimized graphic asset & usage*
Enhanced the AURA Sync effect - Strobing*
Enhanced GUI*layout and UI interactive behavior
Updated device HAL & kits

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey guys, our devices will work with USB hubs and we're not discouraging people from using them. However, when you are facing an issue, removing the hub eliminates one possible root cause. There are literally billions of different hubs available and we cannot possibly test them all. Occasionally people do have problems with them, especially when they start connecting numerous devices to them (powered or not). In such cases, devices may not completely fail to work, just partially.

I reinstall windows but evry time i reboot sustyem appear this windows and stay in this situation for long time without do anything.
I also uninstall Armory crrate but not solve

Please suggest me
Thank
Hispa

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Hey guys, our devices will work with USB hubs and we're not discouraging people from using them. However, when you are facing an issue, removing the hub eliminates one possible root cause. There are literally billions of different hubs available and we cannot possibly test them all. Occasionally people do have problems with them, especially when they start connecting numerous devices to them (powered or not). In such cases, devices may not completely fail to work, just partially.

Hello Dude,i want to let you know that my Keris not work on usb through hub , and im using Asus XG279Q hub,so its from your devices and still not working.

Thanks for letting us know. Even though this will be definitely easier to replicate, please provide a log anyway in case the issue is not the hub.
Not to be rude but I still have to confirm the following:
Is the Keris working as expected when connected directly to the PC?
Can other USB devices connected to the XG279Q work?

LordSabathan wrote:
Hello Dude,i want to let you know that my Keris not work on usb through hub , and im using Asus XG279Q hub,so its from your devices and still not working.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Thanks for letting us know. Even though this will be definitely easier to replicate, please provide a log anyway in case the issue is not the hub.
Not to be rude but I still have to confirm the following:
Is the Keris working as expected when connected directly to the PC?
Can other USB devices connected to the XG279Q work?

Keris working flawless connected directly to pc , before Keris i had Gladius wireless 2 connected to the exact same hub and worked fine,i have 1 more device to the same hub wich work fine as well. Just when i connect mouse to the hub on usb not responding, it magically started to work once , but after i restart my pc didnt work anymore so i started connect it to pc and worked without a problem for 2 months.
If you ask about AC LOG then i provide link from my drive cuz this file doesnt want to upload here for some reason.

[Log downloaded and link deleted to protect your privacy. Please PM me in the future]

MasterC@ROG wrote:

Please.... we are not completly stupids, we have tried (for sure I did) without a Hub first before posting on the forum, Issue still occurs with our without Hub between our connected devices. So this should not be the source of the problem. If you investigate this way, I believe we will stilll wait for months before having a solution and a working software to manage our ASUS devices

What is increible is that after two months that this buggy release has been published, no solution or workaround has been provided and no rollback also proposed.
We all bought Asus accesories because they are good but no devices are good enough if no software can manage them

Check why ROGLiveService.exe, version : 1.1.16.0 is crashing (module ucrtbase.dll) and rewrite your entire software maybe
, it could be faster than solving reccurent issues

best regards,
Someone who will think twice before buying Asus now

As mentioned previously, our software needs to pass tests with various configurations before they are released and that is why updates may not be so fast. For this reason, it is best to generate a log and provide it. We have already tested the Spotlight and found no issues on our end.

The final version of the Aura Sync software will be released in the near future for those of you who still have older devices, and wish not to deal with updates. As for Armoury Crate, the Windows environment is ever changing and so we must progress along with it to avoid possible conflicts with latest updates.

yeroushalaim wrote:
Please.... we are not completly stupids, we have tried (for sure I did) without a Hub first before posting on the forum, Issue still occurs with our without Hub between our connected devices. So this should not be the source of the problem. If you investigate this way, I believe we will stilll wait for months before having a solution and a working software to manage our ASUS devices

What is increible is that after two months that this buggy release has been published, no solution or workaround has been provided and no rollback also proposed.
We all bought Asus accesories because they are good but no devices are good enough if no software can manage them

Check why ROGLiveService.exe, version : 1.1.16.0 is crashing (module ucrtbase.dll) and rewrite your entire software maybe
, it could be faster than solving reccurent issues

best regards,
Someone who will think twice before buying Asus now

MasterC@ROG wrote:
As mentioned previously, our software needs to pass tests with various configurations before they are released and that is why updates may not be so fast. For this reason, it is best to generate a log and provide it. We have already tested the Spotlight and found no issues on our end.

The final version of the Aura Sync software will be released in the near future for those of you who still have older devices, and wish not to deal with updates. As for Armoury Crate, the Windows environment is ever changing and so we must progress along with it to avoid possible conflicts with latest updates.

Although I understand your reasons, the time it takes between versions of AC takes too long. 2 months and still no changes, I don't even know if they are working on the bug that I published nor do I know if they will. That is why you should at least release the older versions of Armory Crate to use the ones that works best for us even if they don't get support.

By the time we have a fairly good version of the software, our motherboards or peripherals will no longer be even recent, that is, two months ago I wanted to show my build, now I only think about never buying Asus again in my life.

Really please, listen to your customers.

Expletivium
Level 7
I'm not sure if this has been reported or not, but Make VIDEOCARD RGB Disable from Armory Crate as MANY People are having Graphic Driver problems, please see my thread:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112424-Asus-ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming-Bios-update&p=829471#p...

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
2 App crashes back to back:

Source
ARMOURY CRATE Service

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎3/‎22/‎2021 11:59 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service\ArmouryCrate.Service.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ArmouryCrate.Service.exe
Application Version: 4.0.2.0
Application Timestamp: 60496415
Fault Module Name: RPCRT4.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.746
Fault Module Timestamp: f564aeb4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000002885e
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 849e
Additional Information 2: 849e2097d5e25416098b9632d5a43732
Additional Information 3: e36f
Additional Information 4: e36ff72f4ba95af2e40bf1b132b2c258

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 6d279f9c8efe592f7b11733ba5cb8a7f (1950466813649980031)

Date
‎3/‎22/‎2021 11:59 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service\ArmouryCrate.Service.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ArmouryCrate.Service.exe
Application Version: 4.0.2.0
Application Timestamp: 60496415
Fault Module Name: combase.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.899
Fault Module Timestamp: 34378b57
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000002ff87
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a54f
Additional Information 2: a54ff7a03d3092c67bec49302a1b734f
Additional Information 3: c6d3
Additional Information 4: c6d3293b1d861a24c22578393b0666a0

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: c682209011e0fc27690e7c259db5e935 (1805517001623726389)

Up to the latest on everything:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.3.7.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.16.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.32
Armoury Crate lite service 4.0.9
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.16
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.24
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.1.4.0
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.2.17.0
AacVGA 0.0.3.1
KingstonDram 1.0.28
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.06
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.28.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.6.0
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.1
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.12.0

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case