cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v3.2.4.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Release Notes:
(Please ensure these updates are installed before reporting issues)

Core services updates:
Armoruy Crate Service v3.2.5
Armoury Crate Lite Service v3.2.4
Lighting Service v3.04.24
ROG Live Service v1.1.10.0

New features:
Support for headset firmware update
"App diagnosis" utility update
Updated display for connected wireless devices (only device in use is shown when both dongle and USB cable connected)
Gaming laptop:
- Read AMD voltage via BIOS
- Audio solution
- Tablet mode
- Whisper mode
- AniMe Matrix Halloween gift
Enhanced device configuration page loading time

Support for new products:
Gundam Series (Keyboard, Mouse, Headset, Headset stand, Motherboard, AIO Cooler, Graphic Card)
[Peripheral] ROG Delta S, ROG Delta ORIGIN, ROG FALCHION, ROG KERIS WIRELESS
[Display] ROG SWIFT PG329Q, ROG Strix XG32VC, ROG Swift PG259QN

To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Paul17041993 wrote:
I would be checking the RAM and your drive's connection (CPU socket, motherboard and m.2 slot could each have a bad connection), or even CPU stability, but otherwise if you disable the LightingService service (go to windows services, find it and set it to disabled, then stop it) does it help in the long run?
Its entirely possible that its corrupting the CMOS state while running, so also check that the BIOS is up to date, or even try rolling it back if it was just updated.

Hi, i checked everything that you mention. Disabling the lightingservice solves the issue but i lose the RGB control of my motherboard. The issue does not replicate to other nvme drive models. It is specific to Kingston A2000. Some kind of incompatibility software / firmware wise. If you search for that specific model at reddit, you'll find others with the same problem, when combining lightingservice with this particular drive. The drive itself is fine, no problems or bad blocks or anything. Works fine as long as i don't use armoury crate.

EDIT: The exact same issue, is referenced here as well -> https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?119587-AURA-Service-gives-random-BSOD-s

Paul17041993 wrote:
The 'LightingService' service has a huge windows handle leak, at the time I disabled the service it had leaked over 7 MILLION (7,000,000+) windows handle objects. The expected maximum of any given process for comparison is only a few thousand, however most driver services don't usually need more than 200. This leak in the long run can result in kernel resource starvation, which is an event that can occur due to coded number limitations, as opposed to running out of addressable memory.

Could this explain the blue screens that made me buy a completely new CPU/mobo/ram?

I have been resetting my PC for more than 1 year in almost weekly intervals...

Even now, I'm unsure if I will get a blue screen today or tomorrow since it has been a few days since I completely reinstalled windows.....

Keep in mind, I have been using stable (most of the time bone stock) settings in my bios.
The only "bloatware" that I feel is a necessity for my PC is Armoury Crate.
I've somehow convinced myself over the years that it's something to do with my hardware and not the (only) 3rd party customization program I have been installing after every reset...

AndrasROG wrote:
Could this explain the blue screens that made me buy a completely new CPU/mobo/ram?

I have been resetting my PC for more than 1 year in almost weekly intervals...

Even now, I'm unsure if I will get a blue screen today or tomorrow since it has been a few days since I completely reinstalled windows.....

Keep in mind, I have been using stable (most of the time bone stock) settings in my bios.
The only "bloatware" that I feel is a necessity for my PC is Armoury Crate.
I've somehow convinced myself over the years that it's something to do with my hardware and not the (only) 3rd party customization program I have been installing after every reset...

Upon checking -- his claims check out.
**My system hasn't been restarted for 4 days.

The lightning service handles were OVER 9 MILLION -- interesting...

I hope this answers my blue screen troubles for my past PC setups...

I already have an issue reported in this thread. DM me if I need to forward logs for this one...

I'd suggest prioritizing this issue ahead of all planned upcoming Armoury Crate additions -- We'd be thankful....

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
**Update** The Strix Flare default profile bug has been resolved in the latest KB HAL v1.01.41 update. Pressing media keys will no longer cause the keyboard to switch to the default profile, which disables Aura Sync for the device.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
**Update** The Strix Flare default profile bug has been resolved in the latest KB HAL v1.01.41 update. Pressing media keys will no longer cause the keyboard to switch to the default profile, which disables Aura Sync for the device.

Can confirm my media keys work now! Thank you so much. Now the Spatha just needs some love.

I used both the new installer and uninstaller respectively this morning. While the process did feel MUCH smoother I'm still having an issue with the CPU fan not accurately, reliably displaying within AC. It still shows 0 RPM. The modes of "silent," "performance," and "turbo" do their respective jobs. I've included a screen shot of what I see on my end.

System info,

Tuf Gaming A15 FA506IV

Windows 10 version 20H2 -- all latest updates and all hardware have the latest drivers
32 GB of RAM
Ryzen 7 4800H
GEFORCE RTX 2060

AC version 3.2.4.0
ROG live version 1.1.10.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.24
Armoury Crate Service 3.2.5

dcbryantmjkda wrote:
I used both the new installer and uninstaller respectively this morning. While the process did feel MUCH smoother I'm still having an issue with the CPU fan not accurately, reliably displaying within AC. It still shows 0 RPM. The modes of "silent," "performance," and "turbo" do their respective jobs. I've included a screen shot of what I see on my end.

System info,

Tuf Gaming A15 FA506IV

Windows 10 version 20H2 -- all latest updates and all hardware have the latest drivers
32 GB of RAM
Ryzen 7 4800H
GEFORCE RTX 2060

AC version 3.2.4.0
ROG live version 1.1.10.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.24
Armoury Crate Service 3.2.5

So at one point this issue "resolved" itself. However, on the last several days it's broken again. Would Love to know when we can expect another update.

I Recently bought a b550-f Motherboard and would like to report something that seems to be an issue regarding the "sound source" for Armoury crate sound effect.

Music effect works while the audio source is either SAMSUNG High Definition Audio (HDMI from VGA to UHDTV) or SPDIF OUT SBZ, as soon as I choose "Speakers - Sound Blaster Z" the music effect stops working. NZXT CAM is capable of using any source and keeps working, so I think it is an issue of Armoury Crate since you can't choose audio source in the config (I've read some Aura Sync old FAQ and it seems it was available before).

1. PC
2. B-550F Gaming WIFI
3. Icue and NZXT CAM.
5. Reinstalled Windows? Yes, Clean install.
6. Windows version & build: 20H2 19042.685
8. Clear description of your issue: Armoury crate sound effect only works on certain audio sources

I Hope you guys can fix it in a future upgrade, thanks.

dcbryantmjkda wrote:
So at one point this issue "resolved" itself. However, on the last several days it's broken again. Would Love to know when we can expect another update.

Having the same issue as well. I've been reporting it countless times and it still breaks.

I haven't been able to update some of the components in armory crate for some time.
MB x570-e