cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v3.2.4.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Release Notes:
(Please ensure these updates are installed before reporting issues)

Core services updates:
Armoruy Crate Service v3.2.5
Armoury Crate Lite Service v3.2.4
Lighting Service v3.04.24
ROG Live Service v1.1.10.0

New features:
Support for headset firmware update
"App diagnosis" utility update
Updated display for connected wireless devices (only device in use is shown when both dongle and USB cable connected)
Gaming laptop:
- Read AMD voltage via BIOS
- Audio solution
- Tablet mode
- Whisper mode
- AniMe Matrix Halloween gift
Enhanced device configuration page loading time

Support for new products:
Gundam Series (Keyboard, Mouse, Headset, Headset stand, Motherboard, AIO Cooler, Graphic Card)
[Peripheral] ROG Delta S, ROG Delta ORIGIN, ROG FALCHION, ROG KERIS WIRELESS
[Display] ROG SWIFT PG329Q, ROG Strix XG32VC, ROG Swift PG259QN

To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

1. PC - ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming, Ryzen 2700X, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) 3600MHz, ROG STRIX GTX 1660-S
2. Aura Sync products - M/B, GPU
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software - Cooler Master AMD Wraith Prism RGB Controller
4. Wired / wireless connection - Hard-wired gigabit ethernet
5. Reinstalled Windows - New installation
6. Windows version & build - Win 10 Education, Ver. 20H2, Build 19042.630
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - N/A - New Build
8. Clear description of your issue - In Armory Crate, I click on "Device", and presented with only one option, the motherboard (ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING), I select that option. AC responds with a mostly blank screen and spinning dots. After a bit, I get just a blank screen. Other features of AC seem to be working.
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics - I can provide via PM as you suggested in your initial post.
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey guys, here is an updated version of the uninstaller (V1.1.2.0). This should resolve the reinstallation issue.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tL22LNAqLWO-G7UQTCLSfCg7dDbZ09-f/view?usp=sharing

*** Update ***
Please reboot after the uninstall process, before you try to install again.
If you uninstalled using the old uninstall tool and cannot install Armoury Crate, it's okay, run the new uninstall tool anyway (link above). Reboot and try again if necessary even if Armoury Crate no longer exists.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Hey guys, here is an updated version of the uninstaller (V1.1.2.0). This should resolve the reinstallation issue.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tL22LNAqLWO-G7UQTCLSfCg7dDbZ09-f/view?usp=sharing

I have try this and now work all. now i see all my components.
Now my only poroblem is withthe Keyboard when i sync her with other and use the volume. the keyboard go out of sync.

Glad the updated tool helped. The fix for Flare issue has been slightly delayed, but you won't need to wait too much longer - should only be ready in another week or so.

Tridium82 wrote:
I have try this and now work all. now i see all my components.
Now my only poroblem is withthe Keyboard when i sync her with other and use the volume. the keyboard go out of sync.

MasterC@ROG wrote:

Thanks! it fixed 90% of my problem now but my motherboard still doesn't show up in aura. The same motherboard not supported message appear. Will share to you the log again.;)

MasterC@ROG wrote:

*** Update ***
Please reboot after the uninstall process, before you try to install again.
If you uninstalled using the old uninstall tool and cannot install Armoury Crate, it's okay, run the new uninstall tool anyway (link above). Reboot and try again if necessary even if Armoury Crate no longer exists.

This uninstaller worked for me!! Must have removed some bad keys or conflicting remnants of the uwp app. Ran it a couple of times and rebooted in between each just to make sure. Reinstalled Armoury Crate and bam, my keyboard lighting came back to life and available in armoury crate as a sync device, same for my mobo..and more importantly, there is no daft update cycling, everything's up to date.

Page3 of this thread. I'll mark my post as resolved.

Thank you guys for sticking with it 🙂

gb2048
Level 7
I updated on Win 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662 and now Armory Crate no longer starts. So re-installed, failes to start, ran the uninstaller, reboot, reinstall v3.2.4.0 and still fails. Event view log says:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: B9ECED6F.ArmouryCrate_3.2.4.0_x64__qmba6cd70vzyy!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
"2147942405"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\B9ECED6F.ArmouryCrate_3.2.4.0_x64__qmba6cd70vzyy\ArmouryCrate.exe" -ServerName:App.AppXvfb40rz8a1t4j47e2hx7482r6kww4nw1.mca

Was working before this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4586853 update.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Release Notes:
(Please ensure these updates are installed before reporting issues)

Core services updates:
Armoruy Crate Service v3.2.5
Armoury Crate Lite Service v3.2.4
Lighting Service v3.04.24
ROG Live Service v1.1.10.0

New features:
Support for headset firmware update
"App diagnosis" utility update
Updated display for connected wireless devices (only device in use is shown when both dongle and USB cable connected)
Gaming laptop:
- Read AMD voltage via BIOS
- Audio solution
- Tablet mode
- Whisper mode
- AniMe Matrix Halloween gift
Enhanced device configuration page loading time

Support for new products:
Gundam Series (Keyboard, Mouse, Headset, Headset stand, Motherboard, AIO Cooler, Graphic Card)
[Peripheral] ROG Delta S, ROG Delta ORIGIN, ROG FALCHION, ROG KERIS WIRELESS
[Display] ROG SWIFT PG329Q, ROG Strix XG32VC, ROG Swift PG259QN

To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

SteveDz
Level 7
1. PC
2. Aura Sync products [ Motherboard, GSkill RAM, Flare keyboard]
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software [None]
4. Wired / wireless connection [wireless]
5. Reinstalled Windows? [N/A]
6. Windows version & build [10 Pro 2004, WFEP 120.2212.31.0]
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected [ Aura Sync ]
8. Clear description of your issue:
With Aura Sync, I was able to control motherboard lights down to specific diodes: 3 on the back, the one by the RAM, the CPU, and individual headers 1 & 2.
Under Crate, the only option is the Motherboard as a single device. This limits my ability to customize the effects I want, as I'd like the headers to have different effects than the CPU/motherboard lighting. Crate has better features for effects, but seems to have lost device granularity. Would be great if future versions were device aware and could give the option to segment the lighting / effects.

I think you get the point, but if needed, I'll go through the uninstall/reinstall loop to grab screenshots

Not a bug so much as a design limitation.

Thank you!

Chitolocz
Level 7
1. PC
2. Motherboard, GSkill RAM, Flare keyboard, Pugio Mouse, Delta Headset, Throne and GPU
3. none
4. Wireless connection
5. No
6. Windows 10 20H2
7. I believe it was working fine before 20H2 Update
8. Devices are listed and lighting works 90% of the time, but I am unable to modify devices settings. Like change change audio profiles or change keyboard and mouse settings.
9. Screenshots attached
10. Log sent in PM

angrysnail
Level 7
1. PC / Laptop - PC (ROG Z390 E Gaming)
2. Aura Sync products - Z390E, RTX Strix 3070 OC,XPG D60 RAM,ROG Strix Scope TKL,ROG XG32VQR,XPG S40 SSD
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software - None
4. Wired / wireless connection - Wireless
5. Reinstalled Windows? - No
6. Windows version & build - Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.662
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - Yes all works flawlessly on 3.0.4.0
8. Clear description of your issue - Motherboard currently not supported and addressable component not show up.
9. Any screenshots of the issue - Yes

Log Sent!