cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v3.1.5.0 / v3.1.6.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Release Notes:

V3.1.6.0 (Sept. 24, 2020)
Resolved: Armoury Crate service error issue on laptops

V3.1.5.0
New ASUS theme now available
Aura Sync Smart Mode can now display graphics card temperature
Improved speed for loading device configuration pages
Updated section: Scenario Profiles
UI enhancements
Resolved: ROG Chakram AURA Sync effect issue
Resolved: G.Skill DRAM sync issue

Support for new products:
ROG STRIX SCOPE RX keyboard
GeForce RTX 3090/3080 graphics cards
ROG SWIFT PG329Q
ROG Strix XG32VC

To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

orlandofuriosoo
Level 7
few bugs ive noticed with Armoury 3.1.6.0. updated from the OG Aura Sync version 1.7. Lightingservice uses 6 to 7% CPU, If i log off and go on my wife's account my ryuo 240 screen gets stuck and willl not go back to its setting unless i log back in and change a setting on it. Armory crate only works on my account. on hers it does not show the motherboard or water cooler. an option to change the frequency of the burn in preventing flash on the ryuo 240 would be nice. really annoying seeing it flash every 3 seconds . Screen burn in happened anyway even with my setting of PC stats changing

orlandofuriosoo wrote:
few bugs ive noticed with Armoury 3.1.6.0. updated from the OG Aura Sync version 1.7. Lightingservice uses 6 to 7% CPU, If i log off and go on my wife's account my ryuo 240 screen gets stuck and willl not go back to its setting unless i log back in and change a setting on it. Armory crate only works on my account. on hers it does not show the motherboard or water cooler. an option to change the frequency of the burn in preventing flash on the ryuo 240 would be nice. really annoying seeing it flash every 3 seconds . Screen burn in happened anyway even with my setting of PC stats changing

Personally I don't have an AIO now but when I had a Corsair H150 I plugged the fans directly into the CPU Fan and CPU Opt of the motherboard. With Y-Pin extension cable
This way you will be safe from software failure because the fans will be directly managed by the bios.

I am going to post this here since there are posts regarding this issue in this forum.
The problem with ASUS hotkeys not working and MyASUS giving error message is actually due to the version of ASUS System Control Interface V2 version 2.2.28+ not starting ASUS optimization service correctly. I ran across this article on reddit of all places... https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/j63mkd/asus_please_remove_system_control_interface_v2/
and managed to find v2.2.27 off microsoft update repository of all places since the last working version is no longer on official ASUS website... >_>;;; and slapped it on and now everything is working correctly even with the latest version of Armoury Crate and all trimmings:
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.22
Armoury Crate service 3.1.5
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.2.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.17
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.8
AacAudioHal 1.3.7.0
AacDispaly 1.1.26

I hope this can help someone in the future so that they don't waste days trying to fix this craziness...

cainhs
Level 7
I notice that the BIOS > Advanced Mode > Tool > Download & Install AMOURY CRATE app > Enabled
must be set. If not, the installation or update of the Armoury Crate from 3.0.4.0 does not work. i.e. when I run the latest Armoury Crate installer, it prompts for restart. After restart into Win10, nothing happens.

What works for me:

Maybe Moderator can add the instructions to set the "BIOS" > Download & Install AMOURY CRATE app > Enabled as a prerequiste.

However, motherboard aura is still not detected. I wonder why...

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Release Notes:

V3.1.6.0 (Sept. 24, 2020)
Resolved: Armoury Crate service error issue on laptops

V3.1.5.0
New ASUS theme now available
Aura Sync Smart Mode can now display graphics card temperature
Improved speed for loading device configuration pages
Updated section: Scenario Profiles
UI enhancements
Resolved: ROG Chakram AURA Sync effect issue
Resolved: G.Skill DRAM sync issue

Support for new products:
ROG STRIX SCOPE RX keyboard
GeForce RTX 3090/3080 graphics cards
ROG SWIFT PG329Q
ROG Strix XG32VC

To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
5. Reinstalled Windows?

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

I wrote this already for version 3.0.4.0, but most of it is stil valid for 3.1.6.0

1. PC --> Asus ROG B550-E Gaming

2. Aura Sync products --> B550-E Gaming and GTX 1060-OC

3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software --> Philips Hue (when connected, it just lights up ALL lamps in red)

4. Wired / wireless connection --> WIred

5. Reinstalled Windows? --> no way, it was a fresh installation a few weeks ago.

6. Windows version & build --> Windows 10 (2004)

7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected --> not sure, because I cannot go back. But I am pretty shure, it was the version that came with the mainboard in the first place.

Many issues:
- no Aura Sync compatible devices detected, therefore, no AURA Sync
- Updates in Armoury Crate won't succeed, therefore no system information from the board (see screenshot)
- No MB functionalities when selecting the board on the left menubar (see screensshot)
- Windows Store is showing, that Armoury Crate (Beta) is installed. Why can't I install a stable version?

I tried removing everything from ASUS (it's a pain in the ass, believe me...). Reinstalled everything following different approaches from the net (first thing of course from the ASUS FAQ, which seems to be out of date though). With the latest try, I only installed Armoury Crate from all of the ASUS apps I would need.

Log on the way via PM

11. Information in about tab: why are some items not detected as installed? they are definitely in the folder structure...
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.0.4.0
ROG Live Service Nicht installiert
AURA Service (Lighting Service) Nicht installiert
Armoury Crate service Nicht installiert

11. ArmouryCrate.InstallationInformation.exe

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.22
Armoury Crate lite service 3.1.5
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.24
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.68.0
AacVGA 0.0.3.0
KingstonDram 1.0.28
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.54
ENE_QSI_Azeroth_HAL 1.0.9.0

Edit:

Also, I got the Service crashes again:

1. PC / Laptop
- Laptop, ROG Strix G531GD
2. Aura Sync products
- ROG Strix Arion
- No
- Wireless
5. Reinstalled Windows?
- Yes
- Windows 10 20H2, Build 19042.572
- Armoury Crate 3.0.4
- Options to enable/disable lighting keyboard and laptop light zones via lighting settings on armoury crate is missing. I can't turn off light zones without turn off keyboard lighting.
- Yes
- Yes, sent via PM

Padraigo
Level 7
I always end up regretting doing any updates with Armory Crate. It just seems to get worse and worse with each update.

Completely lost any RGB lighting with my PG349Q monitor.

Hi guys,
I can't install Armoury Crate (Version - 2020/10/14) on ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha, after running as admin and selection Armoury Crate I have this result even for several hours, actually, I don't have any progress at all.
windows 10 1909 (build 18363.1139)

thank you for your help

Please provide more info? Check original post.
Was it working before and when?

Padraigo wrote:
I always end up regretting doing any updates with Armory Crate. It just seems to get worse and worse with each update.

Completely lost any RGB lighting with my PG349Q monitor.

I now read nearly all posts towards this topic and I was able to find a solution to my issues yesterday. I have the Rog Strix B550-E Gaming mainboard and the Rog Strix GTX 1060-OC which both have Aura compatibility.

1. Update Loop
To understand, what happened to my system, I reinstalled Windows on a separate hard drive. Surprisingly, everything worked after the first start of Windows. I did not install anything else besides the automated UWP installation of the network driver and Armoury Crate. I preserved the state of that newly installed Windows and went back to my "old" installation.

First thing I did, was to copy every single folder that I knew was connected to Armoury Crate from the new system to the old system.

• C:\Program FIles\Asus
  • C:\Program FIles (x86)\Asus
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService
  • C:\Program Files\Patriot
  • C:\ProgramData\ASUS
  • C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\... (here are some installer files)
  • C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\ASUS
  • C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\B9ECED6F.ArmouryCrate_qmba6cd70vzyy

Further, I copied all entries from the registry that I knew to the old installation. After a restart, at least I got the latest version of everything and no further request to update any more.

2. Devices not detected and Armoury Service crashes
As I now saw, that still my devices were not detected, I went on to work on the issue. So, I followed again several suggestions to remove everything and reinstall. To keep it short, it didn't worked as expected, so at a certain point I gave up and tried one last desperate thing:

Instead of downloading and running the ArmouryCrateInstaller.exe from my mainboard support page, I downloaded the installation files for the Rog Strix Gaming Laptop (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-G15-17/HelpDesk_Download/), as I found a lot of working fixes for those devices. So, I deinstalled just Armoury Crate Service and Armoury Crate from Windows Apps & Features. Afterwards, I installed first ROGLiveServicePackage_ASUS_V1.1.2.0 and then ARMOURYCRATEService_V3.0.5. After the restart, I only had to install the Armoury Crate UWP App (ArmouryCrateSetup).

After another restart, the mainboard was found again in Armoury Crate. To detect the graphics card, I installed again the HAL package, which I found here: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{4e2ab86c-b539-4b1d-bacd-a434371143fb}.

It's still running since yesterday and we had a power down today... It seems, that the installation routine for Armoury Crate just does not work properly. I found a lot of issues, errors, retries and what so ever in the logs.

Maybe this can also help you.

AND sorry Asus, but this is something, you could also figure out I guess...