cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v3.1.5.0 / v3.1.6.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Release Notes:

V3.1.6.0 (Sept. 24, 2020)
Resolved: Armoury Crate service error issue on laptops

V3.1.5.0
New ASUS theme now available
Aura Sync Smart Mode can now display graphics card temperature
Improved speed for loading device configuration pages
Updated section: Scenario Profiles
UI enhancements
Resolved: ROG Chakram AURA Sync effect issue
Resolved: G.Skill DRAM sync issue

Support for new products:
ROG STRIX SCOPE RX keyboard
GeForce RTX 3090/3080 graphics cards
ROG SWIFT PG329Q
ROG Strix XG32VC

To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Include the following info:
1. Laptop G512LI
2. Windows 2004 build 20221
3. The information in the "Home - Stats CPU" is no longer displayed.
4. https://i.imgur.com/HCuzPyU.png
5. Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.22
Armoury Crate service 3.1.5
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.2.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.17
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.8
AacAudioHal 1.3.7.0
AacDispaly 1.1.26

1. PC
2. ROG STRIX B550-f GAMING
3. Hyper x NGENUITY
4. Wired
5. Yes
6. Windows version win10 pro 10.0.19041 build 19041
7. no
8. cant update HAL on motherboard I deleted all the asus programs with cleaning the registry, reset the system, the main problem is that I cannot install HAL on the motherboard,it cannot be installed through your program, I have already tried to roll back the BIOS to the factory ones. When I press refresh the strip goes to the end and nothing happens, but I see in proc monitor what armoury crate try to setup HAL
9. https://imgur.com/Q5qUV7r
https://imgur.com/qQ1VAZe
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
Armoury Crate lite service 3.1.5
KingstonDram 1.0.27
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.53
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.26.1
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.6.0
ENE_EHD_SSS_HAL 1.0.2.0
ENE_QSI_Azeroth_HAL 1.0.9.0

Looks like you guys also have a memory leak on your hands. I delved further into the processes with high cpu usage and noticed that one of the svchost.exe instances with high cpu use also looks like it has a memory leak which has been increasing constantly since I started observing it using sysinternals... well done! Let's get a patch out please. While I'm not sure they're related for certain, they both experience abnormal behavior post update. Although I'm pretty sure as when I suspend this process it breaks your software even more!

This is what happens when I attempted to open a device after I suspended and resumed the svchost.exe process in question, no updates were available when I tried to check or update now. Also, the Armoury Crate related FN keys break (including screen brightness, trackpad toggle, and second screen toggle) following suspension or killing of the aforementioned svchost.exe process. Although, once it is killed memory usage drops and cpu usage drops for the Armory Crate Service and Armoury Crate User Session Helper child process once it restarts. This process appears to be related somehow with the system control interface and would explain why MyAsus is broken too (I can't change my battery setting and you can see in my first post it detects an error).

Armoury Crate Services Post Process Termination

Hey folks,

For those who are getting the CPU states - specifically temperatures to show up - which program would you say is more accurate? I've seen Open Hardware show temps at 106 C when running programs like Premier Pro, and Virtual Machines while doing tasks like getting videos encoded and getting Windows 10 installed.

Any update?

I was able to fix the MyAsus and FN key issue by rolling back my interface drivers from v2.2.28.0 to v2.2.27.0:

ASUS System Control Interface V2
Version V2.2.27.0
2020/09/15

WRT temps, I'm seeing 80-90C at idle on my laptop using the Armoury Crate App until I kill the service and process in question that I've outlined earlier with the memory leak. Temps immediately drop down to the 50-60C afterwards.

I also believe there is something in the Crate app causing a memory leak and high cpu use via the AarSvc service as indicated below (probably related to one of the audio devices managed by Armoury Crate or possibly Windows):

transnone wrote:
Any update?

I was able to fix the MyAsus and FN key issue by rolling back my interface drivers from v2.2.28.0 to v2.2.27.0:

ASUS System Control Interface V2
Version V2.2.27.0
2020/09/15

WRT temps, I'm seeing 80-90C at idle on my laptop using the Armoury Crate App until I kill the service and process in question that I've outlined earlier with the memory leak. Temps immediately drop down to the 50-60C afterwards.

I also believe there is something in the Crate app causing a memory leak via the AarSvc service as indicated below (probably related to one of the audio devices managed by Armoury Crate or possibly Cortana/Windows):

After two or three months, and after many attempts and combinations of uninstallation and reinstallation, finally, everything works ( RGB and oled dashboard on my mobo Maximus Formula X, rgb on GPU 1070ti rog strix, oled display and rgb on Rog Ryujin cooler, rgb and presets on srix scope keyboard and gladius II wireless mouse and rgb on my corsair vengeance pro) but I also notice a high usage of the cpu 10/11%

miky86bindo wrote:
After two or three months, and after many attempts and combinations of uninstallation and reinstallation, finally, everything works ( RGB and oled dashboard on my mobo Maximus Formula X, rgb on GPU 1070ti rog strix, oled display and rgb on Rog Ryujin cooler, rgb and presets on srix scope keyboard and gladius II wireless mouse and rgb on my corsair vengeance pro) but I also notice a high usage of the cpu 10/11%

Do you see the AarSvc using up resources? The memory just climbs and climbs, while the CPU usage stays around 6%. This wasn't happening before this update. This might actually be a Windows bug or related to the Realtek Driver (after playing with it, it looks like it might be related to Cortana and probably related to the recent Realtek driver update), but regardless... I can replicate this as associated with Cortona, but I'm not sure if it's isolated to something Microsoft did or Asus.

For the most part I think the interface driver rollback seemed to resolve the load more often than not with the occasionally high usage at start up. Gonna give them some time to come out with new drivers past the 2.2.28.0 series and Crate Service/App.

It's literally consuming 200KB a second...

Hi guys! The problem with Armory crate, namely with hardware monitoring, shows only 1.CPU Temp when starting the PC.
But 2.EXT_Sensor1, 3.EXT_Sensor3, 4.CPU Fan, 5.CPU Freq is not displayed.
After opening the program: Armory crate> Device> ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTRIME OMEGA> Image or animation> Hardware monitoring, endless loading occurs, animation with a shark freezes.
It happens chaotically after turning on the PC.
The problem was with previous versions of the program as well.
Please help.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
Armoury Crate lite service 3.1.5
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.14
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.24
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.68.0
AacVGA 0.0.3.0
KingstonDram 1.0.27
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.53
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.26.1
ENE_QSI_Azeroth_HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.5.1

Le bénéfice n'est pas du tout bon pour activer Armory Crate a l'heure actuelle. Pensez a le désactiver dans votre BIOS le plutôt possible.
Avant l'installation de votre OS si possible.

Installation principale incontrôlable et faites sans votre consentement.
Utilise trop de ressources.
Le logiciel est mal fichu et lent.
Difficile a supprimer de Windows.

Si vous voulez un ordinateurs performants, a éviter.

J'adore Asus, mais pas ça ! :furieux:

Sincerely, Armory Crate is nightmare for users and discredit for the company.