New iCafe mode
Updated AURA Sync - Music effects
New AURA Sync effect - Adaptive Color effect
Lighting effect improvements
Bug fixes

Support for new peripherals:
TUF GAMING K3
ROG STRIX IMPACT II WIRELESS

To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box

Agree to the disclaimer

Replicate the issue you are having

Click on the Generate log data button

Save the log file to a location of your choice.

Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Crowley_07 wrote:
Yeah, I deleted everything I possibly can, related to ASUS including hidden programdata and appdata folders. I have to assume that is not the problem, but I will not reinstall Windows over this. I'd rather just get another KB from someone who makes working software if this never works again.

But that's the most frustrating part, the Keyboard itself is totally fine, it's the software that is bad beyond belief. But at the same time I have to wonder, does it work well for most people since the state of the software is not more widely known? Yeah this forum and Asus reddit is full of complaints but that's it.

I really like Asus ROG stuff, and I was looking at their KB & Mice to replace what I had a while ago. Sadly they didnt have all the features I wanted and ended up going for the Corsair K95 Platnum and M65 Pro mouse. Their ICue software seems to do the job too so its no wonder why Asus are teaming up with them...
Antec 1200, Asus Rampage IV Formula, EVGA 1300w PSU, Intel i7 4930K, ASUS Strix LC 120 Cooler, Asus 1070 OC 8gb X2, 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz DDR3 Quad Channel RAM, Samsung Evo SSD 500gb x2, Samsung Evo SSD 250gb , 2 x WD Velociraptor, Windows 10 Pro

Crowley_07 wrote:
Yeah, I deleted everything I possibly can, related to ASUS including hidden programdata and appdata folders. I have to assume that is not the problem, but I will not reinstall Windows over this. I'd rather just get another KB from someone who makes working software if this never works again.

But that's the most frustrating part, the Keyboard itself is totally fine, it's the software that is bad beyond belief. But at the same time I have to wonder, does it work well for most people since the state of the software is not more widely known? Yeah this forum and Asus reddit is full of complaints but that's it.

Feel like they could take away 90% of the frustation by simply fixing the uninstaller and installer to have aditional feature called clean install removing all old settings and installing everything regardless of being installed or not aditionally it could be set to delete the things before installing new things in same folder, while also being able to export profiles into a file to later import back in like iCUE as example does.

Yeah, the uninstaller is really needed an supposedly being worked on for months.

But there also needs to be a way to get older versions back and disable updates. Crate was finally working for me, for about 2 months before the latest auto update broke everything and nothing will fix it.

Time fighting with Armory Crate's new version, uninstalling, reinstalling etc: 4-5 hours.

Time restoring Windows installation from a few weeks old backup and getting it up to date: 10 minutes.

And now everything works again. I disabled Rog live service and all ASUS update and download services. Crate does not seem to be able to break itself again. If I ever decide to try a newer version, never again without backing up Windows first.

B1TN3RD wrote:
Even with Armoury Crate Version 3.1.5.0 it still does not detect my Maximuis XI Extreme, Ryujin 360 and additional Aura Coolers. When I try to edit the onboard OLED screens, it shows following error messages:

same here...:mad:

another month with this **** and without a proper uninstaller! My next gpu 3090 will be an EVGA, no asus and rog anymore, next step: sell all my rog stuff, it's enough, you pay a lot more for this non premium service!

Armoury crate user session helper has high cpu usage at random times thought i had automatic game scanning turned on was turned off, so guess that confirms there is an issue.
profile switching changes volume after switching out of profile even tho volume option is disabled, seems to ignore windows exclusive control settings to meaning its actually bypassing windows permisions to change volume plz remove disable this i know i can un check it and disable it i am simply reporting that this does not work it reverts to old volume every time, i do not want armoury crate to ever change volume not even after switching back from profile to profile never means never, you can test for yourself set volume unchecked set volume to minimum launch app that is triggered to profile without volume setting increase volume then switch out and increase volume again only to find out it reset to minimum again, no app should control volume like this what would happen if i suddenly get hearing damage alt tabbing when previous volume is 100 while if set it to 30 while in game.

For all you guys having problem with Armoury Crate not detecting stuff and lighting functions, let me suggest a few steps which solved similar problems for me a few times. I am not saying it will work surely (its a crap software by ASUS no doubt), but you can try once.

1. Uninstall Armoury Crate

2. Uninstall Armoury Crate service > restart

3. Uninstall ROG live service > restart

4. Download and install correct version of ROG live service from ASUS support website according to your system model. > restart > wait for a few minutes, maybe around 15-20 minutes and let the ROG live service update itself in the background. (You may continue using your system for other things, browsing etc.) Check the version number in Add or Remove programs. This will give an idea that ROG live service has updated. > restart

5. Download and install correct version of Armoury Crate service from ASUS support website according to your system model. > restart > again wait for a few minutes for AC service to auto update itself in the background and check the version in Add or Remove programs. > restart

6. Install Armoury Crate UWP > restart. Launch AC, again if your version is older, it will install certain services and will auto-update to the latest version 3.1.5.0

If you are lucky, there might be some improvement.

Guys, the latest version with sub updates for the HAL ROG Strix LC has infact solved my last issue with the XML write error!
Antec 1200, Asus Rampage IV Formula, EVGA 1300w PSU, Intel i7 4930K, ASUS Strix LC 120 Cooler, Asus 1070 OC 8gb X2, 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz DDR3 Quad Channel RAM, Samsung Evo SSD 500gb x2, Samsung Evo SSD 250gb , 2 x WD Velociraptor, Windows 10 Pro

vashish27 wrote:
Same for me since today's update of "Armoury Crate" and "Armoury Crate Service" . High CPU usage by Armoury Crate User Session Helper.
Would really appreciate if someone could guide how to normalize.

Regarding this, does someone know how to revert 'armoury crate' and 'Armoury Crate Service' to previous version and to stop from auto-updating themselves?

vashish27 wrote:
Same for me since today's update of "Armoury Crate" and "Armoury Crate Service" . High CPU usage by Armoury Crate User Session Helper.
Would really appreciate if someone could guide how to normalize.

Hi,

As written in another thread, I found a workaround: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?120717-Armoury-Crate-User-Session-Helper-exe-cpu-usage#pos...

To do after each cold boot...

Please ASUS fix this, if you need more details / logs / whatever just ask.