Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate V2.7.8.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey guys,

Armoury Crate V2.7.8.0 was just released this week.
You can check the version under Settings=>About. The software should update automatically, you can do it manually from there if it has not already.

Here are the release notes, highlighting the key updates since V2.6.14.0

New: Backup/restore to personal profiles in cloud - for all device configurations and custom settings (log in first, find it under your profile)
Added support for ROG Throne & Throne Qi
Added ROG WeChat community entry code for ASUS China account
UI enhancements (Navigation menu, loading process, Game Library, AURA Sync, Game Visual)
Improved performance
Bug Fixes: Update Center

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware, then provide as much info as possible to help us understand your setup.
Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clarify your issue as clearly as possible.
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Copy and paste your system info from Settings=>About=>App diagnostics=>Check

Arokhantos
Level 10
Found new glitch just booted and its applying properly again just not at cold boot and restart this section of aura sync looked different yesterday and was not working properly
It also was gen 2 for second strip gen 1 for first strip, and both showed up to 500 leds instead of up to 240 leds while first strip gen 1 would aply settings properly but the second strip gen 2 did not for some reason its showing up to 240 leds now while it was showing up to 500 yesterday when it was broken

Just to confirm just checked fresh install on windows to go usb stick and it was glitched on that yesterday to showing up to 500 adressable leds for each strip with exception strip 1 being gen 1 strip 2 being gen 2 and strip 2 ignoring settings and not working, now i just booted up and it shows gen 1 both strips up to 240 leds, your software is glitching out probably not even showing right sections probably cos remnants wheren't deleted properly you may wanna fix that and make sure each page loads properly and aplies properly.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

xufos69
Level 7
I dont know what happened but just now I tried to remove armoury crate software with revo uninstaller and clean registry with ccleaner software then install the armoury crate software again and boom my mobo can be detected again plus I can control the rgb lights now. There is some update when I finished the installation.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.0.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.15
Armoury Crate lite service 3.0.4
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.23
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.66
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.2.17.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.26
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.48
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_HAL 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
ENE_EHD_SSS_HAL 1.0.2.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.5.1

TheEternaL
Level 9
When will the settings for the ROG Terminal be added so that we can control the ports?

When will there be a GPU and Terminal patch?
When a GPU or Terminal is connected to synchronization, effects start to lag.

palopolij
Level 9
So I finally received a solution for my issue of armoury crate not detecting 2/8 sticks of gskill RGB ram in my $850 zenith II extreme alpha MB. Due to days of troubleshooting on my part I was able to determine that an old aura version 1.05.13 from 7/2017 I found under the original ZE downloads was able to detect and control the RGB of all 8 sticks of ram. Their solution is to uninstall armoury crate and just use that old aura version. I'm serious. That's the solution from their "engineers." So I guess I should just accept not being able to control my live dash (because that can only be controlled through armoury crate) and be happy that I can control the RGB of my ram with a program from 3 years ago. This is the last asus product I buy.

Arokhantos
Level 10
Im not doing a clean install btw to fix this just roll out an update that pretends to be newer but is actually the older vision that has no issues and add beta flag option in update section for updates that need testing that can just as easily be unflagged to drop back to non beta in case of issues with beta, nothing against betas i just think it should have a stable release and a beta release option

Its not doing anything btw waiting 15 minutes or not reinstalling is not an option if tryit many times it just break things further cos the uninstall proces is imposible.

If you think i will do a clean install you can forget that, you have no idea how many hours i will need to spend to re configure windows to my liking this is why i use pxe network boot witn clonezilla to make image of windows drive for backup so i can easily restore a image which is as close of a clean install i can do which won't fix the issue cos that image is now essently the same broken armoury update, you guys broke it you should know how to fix it if you do not know you should't be forcing updates down our throat to begin with and waste our time.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

Arokhantos
Level 10
Btw i rebooted and even waited like 2 hours it did nothing its still broken mess.
Asus you broke my **** and you not taking responsibility its not even updating.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.0.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.15
Armoury Crate lite service 3.0.4
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.23
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.66
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.48
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.5.1

Also log file
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApwU1kBAk92Dg-cJAzPy_Jc26b9fnQ?e=rpqiL5

Please have this fixed today without any clean install required i litterally have to spend like few hours to set everything up if i have to do a clean install which is not fun at all, let alone creating new backups also cost time, i have ability to put windows 10 on my 256 gb usb stick with clean install for testing which i did yesterday which also includes new log option it also is still broken, if no idea what you guys are doing but your not fixing the issue you just walking away from the problem, when you have a problem and fix it with clean install you never find out root cause you are bassicly walking away from problem, when i have a proble i back track and succesfully fix the problem always, unless you have bad memory.

I just also tested clicking once on stary night preset then rebooted it would apply default rainbow, while if i choose static and then rainbow it would always apply static as default, this is not right this is the main issue if been having since the issues started.

Did you reboot and let Armoury Crate update in the background as mentioned or did you open it after rebooting?

Again, please stop spamming this page.

Arokhantos wrote:
Btw i rebooted and even waited like 2 hours it did nothing its still broken mess.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Did you reboot and let Armoury Crate update in the background as mentioned or did you open it after rebooting?

Again, please stop spamming this page.

I don't know what you are expecting but if i did clean install on usb stick it would still be broken even after updating, its not working as intended we need an uninstaller and a proper installer with all the right updates with a pause updates functionality least till everything is figured out and working like it should, with updates being tested before release in future or another option to fall back to previous update to fix things again which auto reports to asus that oh hey another user reverted update there are problems with insert reverted update.

I don't know if your updates are region based and if defiantly seen that updates landed on taiwan page first 2 days before it landed on NL page which is where i am from, so may wanna consider that if that is the case to push updates each region effected by the issues

I've started a new thread for the latest version of Armoury Crate. Please post in that thread to clarify exactly is broken after updating. Thanks.

Arokhantos wrote:
I don't know what you are expecting but if i did clean install on usb stick it would still be broken even after updating, its not working as intended we need an uninstaller and a proper installer with all the right updates with a pause updates functionality least till everything is figured out and working like it should, with updates being tested before release in future or another option to fall back to previous update to fix things again which auto reports to asus that oh hey another user reverted update there are problems with insert reverted update.

I don't know if your updates are region based and if defiantly seen that updates landed on taiwan page first 2 days before it landed on NL page which is where i am from, so may wanna consider that if that is the case to push updates each region effected by the issues

Arokhantos
Level 10
The silence is killing me