cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate V2.7.8.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey guys,

Armoury Crate V2.7.8.0 was just released this week.
You can check the version under Settings=>About. The software should update automatically, you can do it manually from there if it has not already.

Here are the release notes, highlighting the key updates since V2.6.14.0

New: Backup/restore to personal profiles in cloud - for all device configurations and custom settings (log in first, find it under your profile)
84931
Added support for ROG Throne & Throne Qi
Added ROG WeChat community entry code for ASUS China account
UI enhancements (Navigation menu, loading process, Game Library, AURA Sync, Game Visual)
Improved performance
Bug Fixes: Update Center


Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware, then provide as much info as possible to help us understand your setup.
Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clarify your issue as clearly as possible.
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Copy and paste your system info from Settings=>About=>App diagnostics=>Check

84930
_____________________________________________________________
FPS, Racing, and VR Gamer / Tech Enthusiast / ROG Admin
711 Views
221 REPLIES 221

1. PC / Laptop: PC
2. Aura Sync products: ROG STRIX X570-E, Memory (Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4, 3200Mhz), ROG Spatha
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software: None
4. Wired / wireless connection: Wired Ethernet
5. Reinstalled Windows?: Clean install
6. Windows version & build: Version 2004 OS Build 19041.264
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected: 1.69 (? - ROG Spatha)
8. Clarify your issue as clearly as possible.
Couple of issues here:


  • Unable to change DIMM order in AURA sync, meaning memory modules are in the wrong order
  • ROG Spatha unable to use Aura Sync in wireless mode. Seems to have broken when upgrading to the latest firmware, as the previous version seemed to work fine
  • ROG Spatha not fully supported in Armoury Crate, leading to bugs due to the use of 2 softwares (Armoury II and Armoury Crate)


(NOTES)
Using Aura with the ROG Spatha in wireless mode seems to *partially* work, however it seems that Armoury II and Aura fight with eachother for control of the LEDs, as they blink on and off between the settings for Aura and those for Armoury II. The dock LED seems to blink random colours then go green, then the fight resumes and the dock starts blinking again. Didn't seem to have any problems on FW 1.69, issues are now occurring after upgrading to the latest firmware.

10.
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.3.11.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.24
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.04
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.08

Crystalyne wrote:
1. PC / Laptop: PC
2. Aura Sync products: ROG STRIX X570-E, Memory (Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4, 3200Mhz), ROG Spatha
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software: None
4. Wired / wireless connection: Wired Ethernet
5. Reinstalled Windows?: Clean install
6. Windows version & build: Version 2004 OS Build 19041.264
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected: 1.69 (? - ROG Spatha)
8. Clarify your issue as clearly as possible.
Couple of issues here:


  • Unable to change DIMM order in AURA sync, meaning memory modules are in the wrong order
  • ROG Spatha unable to use Aura Sync in wireless mode. Seems to have broken when upgrading to the latest firmware, as the previous version seemed to work fine
  • ROG Spatha not fully supported in Armoury Crate, leading to bugs due to the use of 2 softwares (Armoury II and Armoury Crate)


(NOTES)
Using Aura with the ROG Spatha in wireless mode seems to *partially* work, however it seems that Armoury II and Aura fight with eachother for control of the LEDs, as they blink on and off between the settings for Aura and those for Armoury II. The dock LED seems to blink random colours then go green, then the fight resumes and the dock starts blinking again. Didn't seem to have any problems on FW 1.69, issues are now occurring after upgrading to the latest firmware.

10.
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.3.11.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.24
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.04
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.08


Since my last post, tried a couple of past Armoury Crate versions. Issue remains present.

Crystalyne wrote:
Since my last post, tried a couple of past Armoury Crate versions. Issue remains present.


I've got another couple problems to add to my list:

To recap:

  • Unable to change DIMM order in AURA sync, meaning memory modules are in the wrong order
  • ROG Spatha unable to use Aura Sync in wireless mode. Seems to have broken when upgrading to the latest firmware, as the previous version seemed to work fine
  • ROG Spatha not fully supported in Armoury Crate, leading to bugs due to the use of 2 softwares (Armoury II and Armoury Crate)


New problems:

  • Armoury Crate doesn't recognise keys F13 to F24. I use these for some macro functions, and Push To Talk, so not supporting these is a pretty major problem!
  • ROG Claymore: Armoury Crate does not support per-key lighting in profiles


Current AC Versions:
Item                       Version     
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.3.11.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.20
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.24
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.04
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.08

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Manual update for MainSDK and MBLed SDK needed, please check your inbox. I've sent you the files. Let me know if that resolves the issue. Thanks.



Thanks for your consistent help!!! The file you sent me successfully solve the MB update issue and the ROG theta & Rujin page, but the problem with Flares still exists. I kept getting the message of "We are sorry. There is an error with the device page. The application is going to reload the device page now." Also, the Aura lights on the motherboard don't sync with the system: I don't see the motherboard under the Aura sync page.

Guys, I have to say something about Asus. Armory Crate is in beta version and we should understand that there could be many potential problems about it. @MasterC@Asus is doing his best to help us. Rants don't help him to solve your issues so BE NICE!

Greetings, peace to you at support!

The problem is Armoury Crate -> Device -> ROG ZENITH EXTREME ALPHA -> E7C8DA76-C9B9-4297-8681-DD878330AFE7.dll not found in system *ERROR MESSAGE*.
How do we fix this please from showing that error to get back to showing my motherboard and attached devices?
Thank you.
The system is ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha, 2990wx cpu, uefi bios 2001, windows 10 x64 v1909 os build 18363.836, g.skill 2933MHz 64Gb kit, 2xRTX 2080ti gpus, corsair knight sword mouse, k95 corsair keyboard, custom water loop, Armoury Crate UWP App v2.7.8.0, corsair iCUE v3.28.75, and Tt DPS G app v3.2.3.

Steps taken:
0) Booted to uefi bios 2001, and cleared all bios pressing F5 and SAVE/EXIT.
1) Booted back to UEFI bios 2001, SET ErP Ready DISABLED, SET RGB LED lighting when system is in the working state ALL ON, SET LED lighting when system is in sleep, hybernate, or soft off states ALL ON.
2) ROG Aura Sync completely removed+uninstalled all components, uninstalled corsair iCUE v3.28.75, uninstalled Tt DPS G app v3.2.3.
3) Downloaded Utilities: Armoury Crate release date 2020/05/20 from https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Zenith-Extreme-Alpha/HelpDesk_Download/, and executed ArmouryCrateInstallTool.exe

Armoury Crate app diagnostics, check service, HAL service output:
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.3.11.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.24
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.08

Please help kindly fix this error problem?
Thank you!

To resolve the remaining 2 issues:
1. Flare issue - might be some data format error.
FInd the directory C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ArmourySDK\Keyboard\ROG STRIX FLARE
1. Copy the “ROG STRIX FLARE” folder and PM me as a zip file for debugging.
2. Delete the “ROG STRIX FLARE” folder. (This action will delete your KB profiles and revert to default settings).
3. Launch Armoury Crate to see if problem is resolved.

2. Aura light effects on the motherboard don’t sync with the system, and cannot be seen under Aura Sync.
A couple of other people encountered this recently and so a solution will released in the next update.
1. Copy the file DeviceHalDetect.dll (link below) to the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Live Service - overwrite old file.
2. Perform a power cycle - shutdown and remove power from wall socket for 5 seconds.
3. Try again and see if the issue is resolved.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnVh8ZVQZ-1MhMAsZP_N77a0HxmEVg?e=YmK9k9

MadaDETuge wrote:
Thanks for your consistent help!!! The file you sent me successfully solve the MB update issue and the ROG theta & Rujin page, but the problem with Flares still exists. I kept getting the message of "We are sorry. There is an error with the device page. The application is going to reload the device page now." Also, the Aura lights on the motherboard don't sync with the system: I don't see the motherboard under the Aura sync page.

Guys, I have to say something about Asus. Armory Crate is in beta version and we should understand that there could be many potential problems about it. @MasterC@Asus is doing his best to help us. Rants don't help him to solve your issues so BE NICE!
_____________________________________________________________
FPS, Racing, and VR Gamer / Tech Enthusiast / ROG Admin

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
To resolve the remaining 2 issues:
1. Flare issue - might be some data format error.
FInd the directory C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ArmourySDK\Keyboard\ROG STRIX FLARE
1. Copy the “ROG STRIX FLARE” folder and PM me as a zip file for debugging.
2. Delete the “ROG STRIX FLARE” folder. (This action will delete your KB profiles and revert to default settings).
3. Launch Armoury Crate to see if problem is resolved.

2. Aura light effects on the motherboard don’t sync with the system, and cannot be seen under Aura Sync.
A couple of other people encountered this recently and so a solution will released in the next update.
1. Copy the file DeviceHalDetect.dll (link below) to the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Live Service - overwrite old file.
2. Perform a power cycle - shutdown and remove power from wall socket for 5 seconds.
3. Try again and see if the issue is resolved.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnVh8ZVQZ-1MhMAsZP_N77a0HxmEVg?e=YmK9k9

Hi,
Thanks for fast response.
1. For Flare issue, I don't have a folder called "Keyboard\ROG Strix Flare" under Armoury SDK. (I'm pretty sure I installed it)
2. The new DeviceHalDetect.dll doesn't work, although I will try to perform the power cycle more times when I finish my work.

1. PC

2. Aura Sync products: Crosshair VIII Hero, Strix RTX2080 Ti OC, Strix Flare, ROG Spotlight, ASUS ROG Strix LC 360 RGB (90RC0071-M0UAY0)

3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3600, CL17-18-18-38 (F4-3600C17Q-32GTZR), Tower Phanteks Enthoo Luxe with RGB Cable connected to the Mainboard

4. Wired / wireless connection: Monitor is connected via Displayport and the USB 3.0 Upstream ist connected to a USB 3.0 Port on the Mainboard. The ROG Spatha ist wired and wireless, but that makes no difference.

5. Reinstalled Windows? 2 Times in the last 3 months.

6. Windows version & build: Win 10, Version 1909, Build 18363.836

7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected: 4 Months ago my monitor and mouse was in the list in Aura Sync on Armoury Crate and i could control all LEDs. I think it was the 2.6.x Version of Armoury Crate.
At this Time, the Firmware of the Mouse and Dongle was an older one. Now i have 1.8 and 1.4 installed on the both.

8. Clarify your issue as clearly as possible.
I cant see the Monitor and my Mouse (wired or wirless) in the Aura Sync. It dont connect to it. I used the mouse wirelessly, hoping that if the battery runs out, it will reset and it will be recognized, but unfortunately that didn't work.
And my Monitor is in connected correctly and the Aura Sync is on in options from the Monitor, but that didn't work, too.

9. Any screenshots of the issue
85138

10. Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.20
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
AacAudioHal 1.3.8.0
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.24
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2

Cyrix187 wrote:
1. PC

2. Aura Sync products: Crosshair VIII Hero, Strix RTX2080 Ti OC, Strix Flare, ROG Spotlight, ASUS ROG Strix LC 360 RGB (90RC0071-M0UAY0)

3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3600, CL17-18-18-38 (F4-3600C17Q-32GTZR), Tower Phanteks Enthoo Luxe with RGB Cable connected to the Mainboard

4. Wired / wireless connection: Monitor is connected via Displayport and the USB 3.0 Upstream ist connected to a USB 3.0 Port on the Mainboard. The ROG Spatha ist wired and wireless, but that makes no difference.

5. Reinstalled Windows? 2 Times in the last 3 months.

6. Windows version & build: Win 10, Version 1909, Build 18363.836

7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected: 4 Months ago my monitor and mouse was in the list in Aura Sync on Armoury Crate and i could control all LEDs. I think it was the 2.6.x Version of Armoury Crate.
At this Time, the Firmware of the Mouse and Dongle was an older one. Now i have 1.8 and 1.4 installed on the both.

8. Clarify your issue as clearly as possible.
I cant see the Monitor and my Mouse (wired or wirless) in the Aura Sync. It dont connect to it. I used the mouse wirelessly, hoping that if the battery runs out, it will reset and it will be recognized, but unfortunately that didn't work.
And my Monitor is in connected correctly and the Aura Sync is on in options from the Monitor, but that didn't work, too.

9. Any screenshots of the issue
85138

10. Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.20
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
AacAudioHal 1.3.8.0
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.24
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2


After my last Post, i have invest a few hours and i used different Crate and Rog Live Service Installs. After i used a 1mb great Armoury Install Tool from 20.04.2020, my ROG Spatha, Strix Flare, ASUS ROG Swift PG27VQ and the Spotlight connected. But now, my Mainboard, Ram, LC 360 AiO and GraphicsCard dont connect. I have save the folder under Program and Programm x86 from Asus. Here was some new Folders and here ist the copy of Crate:
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.2.9.1
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.20
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.24
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.02
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04

In the morning i had formated my PC and now its clean. I install at First the newest Crate Version and now its the same Problem like before. All is connected, only my Display and Mouse, doesnt. I have try to copy the folders with the Mouse.dll data from the ROG SPATHA and the Display Folders, too to the right directory, but it doesnt works. The new info from now in Crate is the same before:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.20
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.24
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2

1. Make sure you have the directory right - it's hidden. C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ArmourySDK\Keyboard
(not C:\Program Files)
Files should look like this:
85211

2. Was this resolved after a proper power cycle?


MadaDETuge wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for fast response.
1. For Flare issue, I don't have a folder called "Keyboard\ROG Strix Flare" under Armoury SDK. (I'm pretty sure I installed it)
2. The new DeviceHalDetect.dll doesn't work, although I will try to perform the power cycle more times when I finish my work.
_____________________________________________________________
FPS, Racing, and VR Gamer / Tech Enthusiast / ROG Admin