Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate V2.7.8.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey guys,

Armoury Crate V2.7.8.0 was just released this week.
You can check the version under Settings=>About. The software should update automatically, you can do it manually from there if it has not already.

Here are the release notes, highlighting the key updates since V2.6.14.0

New: Backup/restore to personal profiles in cloud - for all device configurations and custom settings (log in first, find it under your profile)
Added support for ROG Throne & Throne Qi
Added ROG WeChat community entry code for ASUS China account
UI enhancements (Navigation menu, loading process, Game Library, AURA Sync, Game Visual)
Improved performance
Bug Fixes: Update Center

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware, then provide as much info as possible to help us understand your setup.
Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clarify your issue as clearly as possible.
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Copy and paste your system info from Settings=>About=>App diagnostics=>Check

markec872
Level 7
1 PC/LAPTOP: LAPTOP (ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 2 GL704GW)
2 AURA SYNC PRODUCTS: No, i have LOGITECH G PRO WIRELESS and LOGITECH G PRO X HEADSET
3 3RD PARTY PERPHERAL: No
4 Wired / wireless connection: Wired connection ethernet (optic fibre internet download 300mbits upload 100mbits (NO PROBLEMS WITH INTERNET)
5 Reinstalled Windows: yes, 1 week ago
6 Windows version & build: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) Licenced, picture will be down below so u can check
7 Previus version of firmware or software that worked as expected: I dont know, sorry

8 So i reinstalled my WINDOWS 10 HOME one week ago because i had some problems with PUBG and thought it will solve the problem but it didnt, did hard reinstall (without DATA saviing – lost armoury crate etc) but after reinsetalling i installed again all firmwares, softwares etc for armoury crate and all was fine till 2 days ago when i went to armoury crate 40% of the app was on CHINESE/JAPANESSE and other 60% on ENGLISH. I tryed to reinstall it but it didnt help, have no idea how that happend lol, its so annoying and frustrating.

Also, SONIC RADAR 3 and SONIC STUDIO 3 are not working. Error message is „the current system is not supported, or the audio driver has not been properly installed TIMEOUT“. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THAT I REALLY NEED SONIC RADAR/STUDIO
Also, my windows is up to date as well as armoury crate software (got latest updates but not 100% sure because its on chinese and i only speek/understand ENGLISH and CROATIAN)

PLEASE, CHECK CAREFULLY ALL 8 SCREENSHOTS THAT I WILL ATTACH DOWN BELOW SO U CAN UNDERSTAND EASIER WHERE IS THE PROBLEM!
Note: armoury crate backup is not working so it didnt help me solve the problem as well as reinstallation of the program

PROBLEMS NEEDED TO SOLVE

1 Armoury crate back to english
2 when i press for example FN + F5 it switches the power mode to next one but i dont have „animation“ on the screen such as SILENT BALANCED TURBO. And same thing for all other functions, they all work but dont see animation on screen if u understand
3. SONIC RADAR 3 AND SONIC STUDIO 3 are not working at all

10 Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.0.28.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate service 2.7.10
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.0.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.39
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.31
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.43
AacAudioHal 1.2.8
AacDispaly 1.1.23

Arokhantos
Level 10
Worst app if ever touched, how this even can release in this state, when it even lacks a basic user interface and functionality and takes forever to load WTF
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

Does anyone know if this version fixes the issue of CPU usage when using RGB. Previous version would have CPU usage between 5-10% for me with just basic color cycle

TheEternaL
Level 9
How to remove it?

xcr89
Level 7
My Armoury crate was working previously now suddenly after new update and component updates within the program its not working any longer my whole program is broken, i should have never updated.

If asus support wont help me fix this, i will send my rog ryujin 360 back and tell the reseller there is a serious issue with their armoury crate program that isnt overwriting previous installations properly or there is simply missing files, leftover registery that corrupt the whole program and its components to the point where even when uninstalling everything according to FAQ does not help and there have not been any patch or fix for this issue for a long time.

I shouldnt have to reformat my whole windows everytime a new update comes out or its components within the program brakes the whole program, that's just ridicilous solution.

I updated the program, my rog ryujin was missing i installed some XML for crosshair viii hero suddenly it was permanently gone, i then proceeded to uninstalling everything that had something to do with this program, installed it back again, "page error" on devices and a constant reboot of the asus_framework stuck in some kind of loop. I procceeded to uninstall it again after a lot of hustle, i got it to a better state now the device page was spinning but blank screen nothing came up, ok i procceeded to deleting "last profile" in lightning service now it suddenly gave me "xml error" - RETRY or RESTORE DEFAULTS, i tried pressing them both nothing happend i then procceed to uninstall everything and and now i cant remove "rog ryujin 1.03.02" in add or remove i press it nothing comes up like the uninstaller isnt even there nothing happends. Anyhow reinstalled everything again now my devices arent even there they are gone fully and my aura sync isnt working either.

Here are all the errors i have

I reinstalled 40 times and rebooted maybe 70 times, i have turned off psu power and everything aswell nothing have worked.

xcr89
Level 7
1. PC
2. Aura Sync products, crosshair viii hero , rog ryujin 360
3. RAM - Trident Z Neo F4-3800C14D-16GTZN, MONITOR - Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" , MOUSE - Logitech g-pro wireless,
KEYBOARD - Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Rapidfire, HEADSET - Kingston HyperX Cloud II, SOUNDCARD - Soundblaster AE5

4. Wired
5. Reinstalled Windows? No, and i wont do that becouse of a program that's just ridicilous everything else is working.

6. Windows 10 pro 64bit, version 2004 , osbuild 19631.1 (insider fast) build. I had previous insider build aswell before i updated armoury and its components and it was working fine then.

7. ROG RYUJIN FW Update Tool V1.01.01, armoury version before 2.7.8.0

8. I updated the program, my rog ryujin was missing i installed some XML for crosshair viii hero suddenly it was permanently gone, i then proceeded to uninstalling everything that had something to do with this program, installed it back again, "page error" on devices and a constant reboot of the asus_framework stuck in some kind of loop. I procceeded to uninstall it again after a lot of hustle, i got it to a better state now the device page was spinning but blank screen nothing came up, ok i procceeded to deleting "last profile" in lightning service now it suddenly gave me "xml error" - RETRY or RESTORE DEFAULTS, i tried pressing them both nothing happend i then procceed to uninstall everything and and now i cant remove "rog ryujin 1.03.02" in add or remove i press it nothing comes up like the uninstaller isnt even there nothing happends. Anyhow reinstalled everything again now my devices arent even there they are gone fully and my aura sync isnt working either.

Here are all the errors i have
I reinstalled 40 times and rebooted maybe 70 times, i have turned off psu power and everything aswell nothing have worked...

10. Diagnostic results

Armoury Crate UWP app 2.7.8.0
Aura Service (Lightning Service) 3.04.02
Armoury Crate lite service 2.7.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.64
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.3.11.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AaacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CorsairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.24
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.6.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.08

My Armoury crate was working previously now suddenly after new update and component updates within the program its not working any longer my whole program is broken, i should have never updated, Aura sync is broken aswell.

If asus support wont help me fix this, i will send my rog ryujin 360 back and tell the reseller there is a serious issue with their armoury crate program that isnt overwriting previous installations properly or there is simply missing files, leftover registery that corrupt the whole program and its components to the point where even when uninstalling everything according to FAQ does not help.

I shouldnt have to reformat my whole windows everytime a new update comes out or its components within the program brakes the whole program and corrupts the registery of its components / program, that's just ridicilous solution. Release a full proper wipe of all of it or proper uninstaller or something so it works again.

ok so i uninstalled again now i get a forever loading screen on device page when clicking "crosshair viii hero" and a error page with missing dll when pressing the "rog ryujin" device. Well the reason this seem to happen is the software itself doesnt allow for overwrites within the program so if you have updated previously some files are left over from a uninstall for example and it doesnt recognize the files are missing and requests the package file for them and even the registery from previous uninstalltion might be corrupt or something. This is not efficient the program should always overwrite previous registery and add fresh files on a reinstall or do something so everything is working again. This is only the files missing even if the files where present i still get error as the seen above image not working, there is some good example images i have above, hence why a new error appears everytime etc. The way the installer is designed is just bad by itself it shouldnt request files from a fresh install from a cloud, there should be a full package to begin with, with all the neccesary files so you know nothing is missing then after that if everything is working as it should then it can request files being updated ontop of the fresh install if the registery and everything is correct. Wich it is not right now. The fact that this new update got trough the testing phase is a dissaster, previous versions was working correctly but i dont know how a new update can be this messed up or the uninstaller being this hideous creating so much problems in the registery and missing files not being detected on reinstall etc. Try it uninstall all components and reinstall again you will get same issues i had, ontop of this if you uninstall again remove the asus folder with all files even though you have uninstalled everything there will be missing files aswell for example my rog ryujin files are missing and i cant seem to get them back etc hence all thoese new errors etc etc the list goes on with plagued issues.

All was fine on previous versions becouse i never had to uninstall due to updates messing everything up and do all the possible solutions to fix it. Even before this update i bet you if i where to uninstall do the same as i had to do now to no avail all thoese problems might have come up even then.

infact if i go to add or remove i dont see rog ryujin there usually there was a installed package there with it now its gone forever i cant even get it back with reinstall and updates in the program, same goes for everything else that is missing the program is unable to detect missing packages or missing files etc hence why all thoese errors comes up. Even the xml files for rog ryujin and crosshair viii hero is wrong or not installed properly or something is missing wich is why all thoese different errors on device show up and unable to load my devices even though they are there in the list and for aura sync as you can see on update screen nothing gets installed etc even though there is missing files and so on. I hope the devs see this and fixes all of the issues so it cant be this bad in the future and take proper steps to rework the installer and uninstaller and updates.

varun_c
Level 9
1. PC / Laptop : PC
2. Aura Sync products : ROG THOR 850W, ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, RYUJIN 360, MATRIX RTX 2080Ti, 2x ROG ADDRESSABLE LED STRIPS , G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB RAMS, ROG GLADIUS II & ROG CLAYMORE
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software : NONE
4. Wired / wireless connection : WIRED CONNECTION
5. Reinstalled Windows? : NO
6. Windows version & build : VERSION 2004 build : 1963.1
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected :
8. Clarify your issue as clearly as possible. : As seen in the attached screenshot AURA service , Memory and Addressable Header (to which i have my ROG LED strips connected) are showing blank.. Is this expected ? Also I cannot turn off the RGB of individual components .. Example if I want to just turn of my LED strips i am not able to ... Same hold goods for all other RGB capable components. Also I don't see the option of ROG LED strip in the device menu any longer. If i remember this was working earlier ??? Please address the problem to turn of RGB lighting on a per component basis .
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Copy and paste your system info from Settings=>About=>App diagnostics=>

Item Version
---- -------
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.3.5.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.20
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacAudioHal 1.2.8
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.24
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.00
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.02
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.02
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.06

Check85025

1. PC / Laptop: PC;
2. Aura Sync products:: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming, Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 O8G Gaming;
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 2x8GB 4000MHz CL19;
4. Wired / wireless connection: wired connection;
5. Reinstalled Windows: no;
6. Windows version & build: Windows 10 64 bit v.1909 (build 18363.836);
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected: has never worked as expected;
8. Clarify your issue as clearly as possible: Armoury Crate just can't launch properly, showing the infinite load animation. The only way for me to use AAC now is to start the ArmouryCrateInstallTool.exe file;
9. Any screenshots of the issue: below;
10. Copy and paste your system info from Settings=>About=>App diagnostics=>Check:
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.8
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.24
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.02

What should I do to simply launch Armoury Crate and manage my hardware's RGB lighting?

Nope, i can't hold it anymore, it does not work whatever i do, reinstall windows did not help. Tab devices are empty after each reboot and can not be reconfigured. This crap is annoying asf. Just delete this mess coded by students and forget. Ive installed old aura sw and armoury 2, at least it works somehow.. Never go back on it, its just loss of time.:mad:

Trustdesa
Level 7
Totally USELESS... reviews on the windows store were correct!

Pointless to post information to debug as Asus apparently is good in grabbing your money providing no service for expensive motherboards, same errors for me as anyone above so what's the point in trying to mitigate and try to make users look stupid when they pay your bills?

Connection errors, cannot find any peripherals, this is my last ASUS motherboard...how on hearth did you even had the face to release this thing out in the market for paid products?

Months with broken software you cannot fix? How ridiculous is that? Posted a review on the store too as probably here they will delete all bad comments which is to no use as they should know better that there is social media where they cannot bully their own customers.

How pathetic!