cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate User Guide and Best Practices

firnnauriel
Level 7
Inside the software, there's no link to a user guide but only to an FAQ. In the FAQ site, I have not seen anything about explaining the Home tab. It is my first time using the software and these are the initial things that I would like to be answered:

• When do you use the Windows, Silent, Performance, and Turbo configurations? Provide the specific scenarios when each profile should or should not be used. e.g. Do not use Silent when gaming or when the operating system is doing so many things. My laptop just overheat a while ago because of this. It seems that Silent doesn't automatically increase the fan speed if the temperatures get higher.
  • Need some brief explanation of each panels and metrics
  • How to use Manual configuration and what are the best practices

Again, ideally, the user guide must target first time users and assume that it has little-to-no experience on overclocking, undervolting, etc. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Saltgrass
Level 13
I agree, the situation with the OEM software can be very confusing. Even the name is no help in understanding what it is for..

I did install it once, on a system I had to rebuild later for other reasons, just to upgrade the firmware on a mouse and keyboard.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I agree, the situation with the OEM software can be very confusing. Even the name is no help in understanding what it is for..

I did install it once, on a system I had to rebuild later for other reasons, just to upgrade the firmware on a mouse and keyboard.

Thanks for the reply. Oh, so you are not using it anymore? I'm thinking of relying on it to monitor my hardware and yes, to upgrade firmwares. If you are not using it, can you share the alternative softwares that you're using?

There is also another software called MyASUS and it mostly deals with product registration, contacting customer support, and some system/hardware diagnosis. Can you share your insight if limiting the battery charge to 80 or 60% is indeed a good practice?