cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate still version 5.1.5 after update.

Haisuta
Level 7
I received an update to 5.1.9, however after I completed the update and launched the Crate, it still shows as version 5.1.5.

Unsure if it's a glitch or it's supposed to be as such. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you have a GZ301?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128618-Armoury-Crate-v5-1-5-0-Aura-Creator-v3-3-4-Report-h...

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Do you have a GZ301?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128618-Armoury-Crate-v5-1-5-0-Aura-Creator-v3-3-4-Report-h...

OFC..... Getting used to laptops and HDR, and especially Laptops with HDR being the only thing ppl care about now. ppl in suits with expensive laptops and media creators. Corporate interests first.. The last 2-3 years we've been stuck with broken software and horrible drivers from everybody. like ASUS and Nvidia etc. Seems it's all about Win11 and HDR now. but not monitors with HDR, they still suck. stuck with the scraps after they make sure ppl with nice laptops get's theirs.

I have 3 laptops here. But what I really want is my main rig to work right. couldn't care less if my laptops aren't perfect. Do most of my work on my stationary.

But I'm sick and tired of crappy software and crappy drivers, while new software and utils for laptops get's released all the time. with ofc will only allow it self to be installed on laptops.

You rushed out a fix for a lightning issue for ONE laptop model.. while just about ALL of your customers on stationary PC's are begging for help with your terrible terrible desktop software that's messing up the whole computer. after several times trying to get armory to work. I finally did. but now it's messing with my networks card and also lagging my system. I'm pretty sure I'll have to reinstall. and next time I'll make sure to download the drivers I need first, and disable armory and myasus in bios. I just bought a new PC. and now I'll have to reinstall again. I'm not buying ASUS next time.

Hi there,

Glad Armoury Crate is working for you now. It's unfortunate that you're facing other issues, but it difficult to understand why you believe it is affecting your network. You can try using LatencyMon to see what's causing the lag.

The V5.1.9.0 is for laptops only, it does not affect your desktop whatsoever.

If you have an issue with Armoury Crate, please report it here and remember to read the OP:

If you have a complaint regarding our product, please contact our office in your region.

If you have issues with Microsoft, NVIDIA, etc. - this is not the place for such complaints.

If this is a random complaint, this is not the place. This is a discussion forum for enthusiasts. We encourage constructive engagement here, persistence to post rants will result in a ban.

ChaosDMNS wrote:
OFC..... Getting used to laptops and HDR, and especially Laptops with HDR being the only thing ppl care about now. ppl in suits with expensive laptops and media creators. Corporate interests first.. The last 2-3 years we've been stuck with broken software and horrible drivers from everybody. like ASUS and Nvidia etc. Seems it's all about Win11 and HDR now. but not monitors with HDR, they still suck. stuck with the scraps after they make sure ppl with nice laptops get's theirs.

I have 3 laptops here. But what I really want is my main rig to work right. couldn't care less if my laptops aren't perfect. Do most of my work on my stationary.

But I'm sick and tired of crappy software and crappy drivers, while new software and utils for laptops get's released all the time. with ofc will only allow it self to be installed on laptops.

You rushed out a fix for a lightning issue for ONE laptop model.. while just about ALL of your customers on stationary PC's are begging for help with your terrible terrible desktop software that's messing up the whole computer. after several times trying to get armory to work. I finally did. but now it's messing with my networks card and also lagging my system. I'm pretty sure I'll have to reinstall. and next time I'll make sure to download the drivers I need first, and disable armory and myasus in bios. I just bought a new PC. and now I'll have to reinstall again. I'm not buying ASUS next time.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Hi there,

Glad Armoury Crate is working for you now. It's unfortunate that you're facing other issues, but it difficult to understand why you believe it is affecting your network. You can try using LatencyMon to see what's causing the lag.

The V5.1.9.0 is for laptops only, it does not affect your desktop whatsoever.

If you have an issue with Armoury Crate, please report it here and remember to read the OP:

If you have a complaint regarding our product, please contact our office in your region.

If you have issues with Microsoft, NVIDIA, etc. - this is not the place for such complaints.

If this is a random complaint, this is not the place. This is a discussion forum for enthusiasts. We encourage constructive engagement here, persistence to post rants will result in a ban.

why? because it's using up all the dynamic ports. Port exhaustion it's called. it just keeps opening new ports over and over again. why? you tell me.
But I think I finally managed to stop it by removing MyAsus and disabling that and armory in bios, so it doesn't reinstall it again

nothing is better with v5.4.8.0 and it STILL can't find 15 games installed!!!!!! FIX armoury crap or make a new app that works.

J_Bish
Level 10
My version on desktop is still only @ 5.1.5.0...

Haisuta wrote:
I received an update to 5.1.9, however after I completed the update and launched the Crate, it still shows as version 5.1.5.

Unsure if it's a glitch or it's supposed to be as such. Thanks.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Only notebooks have a slightly different version. Don't worry

J Bish wrote:
My version on desktop is still only @ 5.1.5.0...