cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate seems to be a mess

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
I keep thinking about installing Armoury Crate on my PC, but every time I see these threads I quickly change my mind. Every post here is a complaint against Armoury Crate. It seems to me that Armoury Crate takes too much control of the OS system and changes to many things for a software that only supposed to control lights, sound, and other features. It just seems like awful software right now. Asus has a lot to fix with this.

The only reason why I was considering Armoury Crate is because I need a software that can control the DRGB lights on my memory. I use Farbwerk 360`s with Aqusuite software to control all of my lights on fans , water blocks, and Distro plate. My memory ARGB are the only lights that Aquasuite cannot control. I guess I should have bought RAM without RGB.
5 REPLIES 5

RogScott
Level 12
Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
I keep thinking about installing Armoury Crate on my PC, but every time I see these threads I quickly change my mind. Every post here is a complaint against Armoury Crate. It seems to me that Armoury Crate takes too much control of the OS system and changes to many things for a software that only supposed to control lights, sound, and other features. It just seems like awful software right now. Asus has a lot to fix with this.

The only reason why I was considering Armoury Crate is because I need a software that can control the DRGB lights on my memory. I use Farbwerk 360`s with Aqusuite software to control all of my lights on fans , water blocks, and Distro plate. My memory ARGB are the only lights that Aquasuite cannot control. I guess I should have bought RAM without RGB.

It works really well for some, doesn't work at all for others, and everyone else is somewhere in between.

At the moment, mine is working fine -- Dashboard works, FanXpert works, all my devices (Motherboard, Ryujin-II, Flare-II keyboard) are all detected and controls work for them. I *have* had issues in the past, where an update broke it and cost me several hours to get it all working again -- and that was NOT fun.

I think the more devices you have that AC supports, the more likely to see a problem. For example, lots of people have reported problems controlling specific RGB memory sticks, but I don't have RGB memory -- so I wouldn't experience that problem when others did.

Given the update issues I have experienced, I would not be using AC if I didn't NEED it -- but it's really the only option for my Ryujiin-II pump and the Flare-II. If I didn't have devices that required AC, I'd probably go with another option for RGB and Fan control. Though as I said, in fairness to the devs, AC is working really well for me at this very moment -- and they do seem to be working actively on the problems as they get reported.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

DarvinAtkeson
Level 7
Not_Enough_Rage wrote:

I have tested PC software since, well, there was PC software. Armory Crate is a mess. Most of it minor errors.
The good news is it can be removed using their removal tool which is not very well documented. Best to just run the Uninstall tool without having uninstalled anything. It seems ASUS can't even get the systems uninstall to play nice with Armory Crate.

And Yes, as the previous responder indicated, I cannot get Armory Create or AURA Create to recognize my VIPER RAM modules even on a clean install of Windows 11 with nothing more than Armory Crate. Waiting on an answer or update from ASUS. Fortunately I was able to restore Windows to a semi working version and then kill the automatic update that comes through Windows 11's update tool.

Don't be afraid to try it. Just make a backup before you do. AOEMI backupper is a life saver.

-Darvin Atkeson

MJr418
Level 9
almost every company only support their own hardware, even some doesn't have same cable plugs, everyone want to us to get into their echo system.
Asus got some support for other manufacturer for Rams since they don't make one.
It was mess for me, but fixed after fresh windows 10 install, not sure what will happen if I upgrade to windows 11.

Armoury Crate seems to be a mess

Yes it is, lol.

They don't pay enough to have high quality engineers.

It's messed up my lighting as well! Even worse, it doesn't allow me to correctly install my AIO Cooler from Corsair. I have two PCs, one with an Asus board and the other with an MSI and they both have identical AIOs installed. The MSI unit works and the Asus doesn't. This is critical as the temps aren't being controlled on my Asus board's CPU. Not sure how to fix this? The Armory Crate also commanders something in Windows that takes over other programs.

Not sure whether to install more Asus stuff to try to fix, or uninstall all.