cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate NOT showing ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X OC Edition?

Croxy
Level 9
Hi all,
I'm sure others are having this issue however wanted to ask just to be sure... I've just installed a new ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X OC Edition and Armoury Crate (app version 5.3.4.0) will not show it under devices? This means I can't use the Aura Sync function on the card 😞
Under update center, it shows 'Model Indentifier' as 'Graphic Card' however that's it.
Anyone had any success getting their ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X OC Edition to display correctly?
Cheers!
11 REPLIES 11

mpiscitello
Level 8
I'm seeing a similar issue - just completed a new build a few days ago with a Z790-E and was running Armoury Crate fine with everything appearing to work related to controlling the limited RGB on the MB. I just installed a new TUF 4090 today, and while the RGB lights on the card rotate through a std rainbow pattern of sorts, the graphics card does not show up in Armoury Crate as a device. I had the same Model Identifier update which didn't seem to do anything. I have no idea how to control the RGB lights on the TUF 4090. The only thing I come to is that the 4XXX cards are not yet supported in Armoury Crate? Thoughts?

Hello,

This is a new card, probably still not added in AC database, certainly in a incoming patch.

mpiscitello
Level 8
Croxy wrote:
Hi all,
I'm sure others are having this issue however wanted to ask just to be sure... I've just installed a new ROG Strix GeForce RTXâ„¢ 4080 16GB GDDR6X OC Edition and Armoury Crate (app version 5.3.4.0) will not show it under devices? This means I can't use the Aura Sync function on the card 😞
Under update center, it shows 'Model Indentifier' as 'Graphic Card' however that's it.
Anyone had any success getting their ROG Strix GeForce RTXâ„¢ 4080 16GB GDDR6X OC Edition to display correctly?
Cheers!

After running the Graphic Card Model Identifier, re-run the update center and it should work. I did and my TUF 4090 now shows up and I can change the RGB functionality. Hope that helps.

mpiscitello wrote:
After running the Graphic Card Model Identifier, re-run the update center and it should work. I did and my TUF 4090 now shows up and I can change the RGB functionality. Hope that helps.

How do you run the model identifier? It is just part of armoury crate. The model should be detected automatically I would assume.Â*

Bmfr79 wrote:
How do you run the model identifier? It is just part of armoury crate. The model should be detected automatically I would assume.Â*

I wasn't sure what that was either but I just logged into my Asus acct in AC and registered the GPU. Once I did that, under Settings->Update Center I had the option to add 'Aura Kit'. Now all my stuff syncs. Hopefully that works for you.

Osilidath
Level 7

I had the same issue with my RX 580 after I reinstalled Armoury Crate. Installing last available AURA SYNC solved my problem.

it's work for me, thanks.

Yes i did the same and it worked, i installed Aura sync above AC and it worked 

TimmGG
Level 7

Did you find a fix for this?