cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate not Detecting Motherboard

SoulsOfWolves
Level 7
Hopefully, somebody can help me with this because I have not been able to find a fix for it. I have a ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming motherboard, but Armoury Crate won't detect it, so I can't adjust the lighting effects. However, it does detect my RAM.
Anyway, I reset my computer last night, and that's when the problem began. Before I reset it, I had the old Asus Aura app and Armoury Crate installed, and Armoury Crate detected my motherboard at the time, but after the reset, it just won't. I don't have the old Asus Aura app installed anymore, but I can't imagine it needed that to detect it. Either way, I can't find the download link to it anymore since they combined the two apps.
So far I have tried restarting my computer multiple times (of course), checking to make sure lighting is enabled in the BIOS (it is), uninstalling and reinstalling Armoury Crate and all of its related components both through the Windows uninstaller and IObit, making sure all of my drivers are up to date, and updating my BIOS to the latest version. Nothing has worked, and I have no idea how to make the software recognize my motherboard. I'd certainly appreciate any help, but it looks like many other people have had this issue too and never found a fix for it.
41 REPLIES 41

xator
Level 8
Same here. Not even uninstalling with the proper tool fixed the detection. I can see my GPU, but not my motherboard. Please, ASUS, fix this.

xator wrote:
Same here. Not even uninstalling with the proper tool fixed the detection. I can see my GPU, but not my motherboard. Please, ASUS, fix this.

if you tried with using the exact steps that I outlined, I am not sure I can help you further.

Maybe after you remove armorycrate in the Control Panel (do not remove it in Settings > Apps) and then run the armory_crate_uninstall _tool make sure that the following directory is empty or gone

Program Files (x86 / LightingService

Then reboot

Then reinstall armory crate*

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey Guys,

If your MB isn't being detected, try to use our uninstaller (download link below) and install again.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Uninstall_Tool.zip

If the issue persists, please record and generate a log, then sent to me via PM (for your privacy).

In the future, post in the issue reporting thread and provide all necessary info mentioned in the original post. Instructions for generating logs are there.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124410-Armoury-Crate-v4-1-6-0-Report-here-if-any-issues

Chrizzy
Level 7
Same issue here!!
Done the extended steps:
Uninstall from Windows Apps
Uninstall from Controlpanel
Uninstall using Crate Uninstaller
Shut down pc and power cycle
Re-Install Crate, didnt open Crate for 15mins, shut down PC and power cycle

Still not detecting motherboard (Maximus X Hero Z370)

Sent log to MasterC@ROG via PM - we´ll see if I ever get an answer....

Please reinstall old version Armory crate version if you encounter no hardware detected. Just restart your PC if there sometime bug after you boot up.

I'm still using version 4.1.6.0, this works like charm and i wont update until the latest version. if there are problem encounter at first boot such "rog services failed start" just restart your pc and the problem solved.

spec

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING
RYZEN 9 5900X.

PojieX wrote:
Please reinstall old version Armory crate version if you encounter no hardware detected. Just restart your PC if there sometime bug after you boot up.

I'm still using version 4.1.6.0, this works like charm and i wont update until the latest version. if there are problem encounter at first boot such "rog services failed start" just restart your pc and the problem solved.

spec

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING
RYZEN 9 5900X.

And you find the old version where - Crate installer is downloading from Asus servers so quite hard to install another version.

Chrizzy wrote:
And you find the old version where - Crate installer is downloading from Asus servers so quite hard to install another version.

It's nonsense nothing will work, the motherboard is not recognized by crate or icue, any effort will be in vain nothing works. And asus is not providing any valuable help at all

Stellarspace
Level 7
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) doesn't show up in Armory Crate, but it shows up in Aura 1.07.79_V2.2. None of the other components, ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3050 OC Edition 8GB, ROG Strix 34” Ultra-wide Gaming Monitor (XG349C), CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 16GB, show up in Aura.

same issue here on a Z690 Extreme motherboard, this software is embarassing.
Asus, aren't you ashamed to release software in this state?

Software is half in italian, half in a language I don't undertand, loading screens are infinite, sometimes it crashes,
it doesn't recognize the motherboard.

How asus release something like this?

Asus, are you serious?

Hi all,

Not sure if someone with a Maximus XI Extreme is facing similar issues, but since today Armoury Crate won't detect the motherboard anymore at all. Not sure what the issue could be for this. I only updated my Nvidia drivers a few days ago... Today I started my computer and the Aura lighting didin't work... so I checked Armoury Crate and the motherboard wasn't showing up at all...

I already tried following solutions:
- Uninstall Armoury Crate by using the official uninstaller tool and re-install Armoury Crate
- Update the bios to the latest version
- Reset bios settings to default

Nothing actually helped... The motherboard still can't be detected. The weird thing is that my Ryujin AIO and my Trident Z ram are showing up, altough they are connected to the mobo.

Thanks.