cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate not Detecting Motherboard

SoulsOfWolves
Level 7
Hopefully, somebody can help me with this because I have not been able to find a fix for it. I have a ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming motherboard, but Armoury Crate won't detect it, so I can't adjust the lighting effects. However, it does detect my RAM.
Anyway, I reset my computer last night, and that's when the problem began. Before I reset it, I had the old Asus Aura app and Armoury Crate installed, and Armoury Crate detected my motherboard at the time, but after the reset, it just won't. I don't have the old Asus Aura app installed anymore, but I can't imagine it needed that to detect it. Either way, I can't find the download link to it anymore since they combined the two apps.
So far I have tried restarting my computer multiple times (of course), checking to make sure lighting is enabled in the BIOS (it is), uninstalling and reinstalling Armoury Crate and all of its related components both through the Windows uninstaller and IObit, making sure all of my drivers are up to date, and updating my BIOS to the latest version. Nothing has worked, and I have no idea how to make the software recognize my motherboard. I'd certainly appreciate any help, but it looks like many other people have had this issue too and never found a fix for it.
41 REPLIES 41

MaximusZee
Level 7
I shouldn't have but I went through all functions of Armoury Crate, AI Suite 3, Aura and Aura Creator on my working system. Don't know what caused it but I started getting DipAwayMode.exe and asComSvc service errors upon reboot. I did not do any software or driver updates so the issue may be related to software settings. At this point, I copied my working backup from hard disk to SSD for faster restoration. After I restored, I noticed a change in service start settings in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services.

Working: asComSvc image path is c:\programfiles (x86)\asus\axsp\4.02.12\atkexcomsvc.exe (After restore)
Problem: asComSvc image path is c:\programfiles (x86)\asus\axsp\4.02.06\atkexcomsvc.exe (Issue recurrance after playing around on restored state)

So what caused 4.02.12 change to 4.02.06 where the latter is presumably older version? I am stopping for time being but if the issue recurrs, I will rewrite the service image path in the registry and reboot to see if that corrects the service related errors. If it does then have to identify what is causing this change.

AC couldn't detected my Rog Strix Z490-E Gaming mainboard, plz fix this !!!

I assume we need to wait for the next Armoury Crate update in order to get this fixed. Seems like the latest update f*cked everything up... :mad:

Honestly, I can't understand why things like this happens at every single update.
Everything is working fine and then... Rainbows.
Not detecting devices anymore.
Could you guys stop the Armoury and Aura auto-update feature and release the older version? I'm pretty sure that many people, like me, just want to control their LED's and don't really care about aesthetic and minor adjustments if everything is working just fine.

In my case I think Kaspersky suite was the issue. Based on info from other Armoury Crate thread, I reinstalled Armoury Crate after Kaspersky was uninstalled. So far Armoury Crate related errors stopped occuring and Armoury Crate is functioning as it shoud.

MaximusZee wrote:
In my case I think Kaspersky suite was the issue. Based on info from other Armoury Crate thread, I reinstalled Armoury Crate after Kaspersky was uninstalled. So far Armoury Crate related errors stopped occuring and Armoury Crate is functioning as it shoud.

Yes, Kaspersky bug is stopping all ASUS services from start, so Armoury Crate, ASUS AI Suite and Aura Sync have functional problems or don't function at all.

More info in Kasperspy support forum here: https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/asuss-program-cannot-load-when-kis-latest-database-update-25017/

alan_gb
Level 7
I have SAME problem.

What i DID to solve:

UNINSTALL Kaspersky antivirus
UNINSTALL Armory Crate using tool https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Check your WIN version > EXPAND ALL > Download it

Restart my PC

Downloaded OLD version Armoury Crate 3.0.11.0 from https://www.filehorse.com/download-armoury-crate/download/

I tried to install Armory Crate using the version available on the ASUS website, but the problem with MOBO continued. Only using the version of the link above that the problem was solved.

Done my B550 it's showing up again & now i can control all leds again on ICue

Ps: I didn't do anything in the update center, and I don't even want to do that

alan.gb wrote:
I have SAME problem.

What i DID to solve:

UNINSTALL Kaspersky antivirus
UNINSTALL Armory Crate using tool https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Check your WIN version > EXPAND ALL > Download it

Restart my PC

Downloaded OLD version Armoury Crate 3.0.11.0 from https://www.filehorse.com/download-armoury-crate/download/

I tried to install Armory Crate using the version available on the ASUS website, but the problem with MOBO continued. Only using the version of the link above that the problem was solved.

Done my B550 it's showing up again & now i can control all leds again on ICue

Ps: I didn't do anything in the update center, and I don't even want to do that

It looks like your method no longer works, when I installed that version Armoury Crate, the software won't load and when it does, my Crosshair VIII (Wi-Fi) is still not recognized.

Is there some archive that contains all the information of whatever devices Armoury Crate should support out there that we can just drop into the directories or something? At this point there has to.

Crasje
Level 12
I have it as well, if I check under hardware, it sees my Rog Z690 as one of the options. If I select it, I get the sorry error on page (2005). If I go to Aura it sees my other ROG devices and even the Corsair RGB memory.

But not the Motherboard. I just did a clean install and all worked as a charm, till Armoury crate said it had an update for itself. And now it is broken (yes again).

I have been an AURA user from the beginning and this software so often broke something, has to reinstall, clean so often it is almost silly. If the hardware weren't as top notch, I would have moved to another supplier long ago.

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

Been 9 months since my last post and I STILL have problems. I remove and install AC, it will work for 1,5 - 2 weeks.

then hardware starts disappearing, mobo, Ryujin or both.

Amazing....

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore