cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate Lighting Service CPU usage in the latest update v5.6.3.0 (on static color mode)

tbowly
Level 8

it should always use 0% of the cpu when the rgb mode is set to static, but after the new update even the static mode uses my cpu

tbowly_0-1683879035246.pngtbowly_1-1683879037315.png

It Is Asus Aura sync lighting service 

tbowly_0-1683879172946.png

14 REPLIES 14

Sickthoughtz
Level 7

I have the same issue after latest update and turning off ram sync fixes it for me

same problem, even turning off the memory didn't fix it for me, come on asus what u doin

emkdrl07
Level 10

same issue..

drop4205
Level 12

This is the reason I use stand alone Aura sync and not the messed up Armory crate crap they put out.  Using aura sync stand alone with static color and look at task manager at idle state cpu usage shows 0% to 1%  for me.  I wish they would make the software better and not bundle all the armory crate crap as most of it is useless bloatware

Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

I decided to give it a go, after having all sorts of issues with Armoury Crate for years and...the standalone application just works, no crashes of services, no high CPU usage, nothing.

Thanks for the advice! 🙂 

Teed1986
Level 7

Asus Z790 e gaming board, 13900KS and after newest Armory Crate update - LightningService process puts 3-4% load on CPU....
I just use static color for everything.

3DG
Level 10

Same here, in the AC installation I choose only to install AC and I don't select to install Aura Creator. But even so, it installs several things and even setting it to static color it uses this LightningService from 1 to 2% load on the CPU. I repeat, we would have to have the power to choose the separate programs and their versions, each one chooses what he wants to install and the version he wants. (point)!!! 😒

akgis_
Level 10

Where to get the standalone software?

I wana get ride of this Armoury crape

The standalone version of Aura Sync is at https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Lighting_Control_1.07.84_v2.zip (the link is from https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/ru/download.php).

I have been using it for a few days and it works much more stably than Armoury Crate for me.