cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate + Lian Li UNI Fan V2 - Few Questions

nllelobr
Level 10
Hello guys!
I'm moving from a ALL Corsair System to just keep Asus (That means, only use Armoury Crate for Fans speed control and ARGB).

I just pulled the trigger for 10 Lian Li Uni SL120 V2 to replace all my Corsair QL120. My motherboard is a ROG B650E-E GPU also ROG, PSU ROG, Keyboard and Mouse, also ROG and the Monitor.
(That's why want to keep everything on Armoury Crate.)

So the questions begin:
How it is the integration between the Uni Fan V2 (Fan and ARGB) directly to the Motherboard Headers? So I can go to Armoury Crate with no extras HUBs or Software.

Once they are all connected to the mobo, how it looks like in the Armoury Crate to control lights? (you have the option to customize LED by LED? or just the entity thing?)

What is the best option, connect everything in the motherboard, or connect everything in the Lian Li HUB and the hub in the FAN and ARGB mobo single connectors? With this type of setup, Armory Crate still recognizes everything, or I'll need to get the L-Connect 3?

If I follow the patch of having my Armoury Crate controlling the Fans and L-Connect for light (since the L-Connect have a pass-through for the motherboard) There is no issue to keep both open and running at the same time, right? Or it's better to have the following combo: Armory Crate + Signal RGB?

Thanks guys!!! It will be my first Lian Li product. I'm excited for the UN features!!!
13 REPLIES 13

Ok, so lets start from beginning. 

Unistall the L-Connect and Armoury Crate... restart your PC.

Install Armoury Crate....restart....install the Lconnect and try the setup again.

I have forwarded this problem to the company. The company reported that the L-Connect 3 v1.6.16 version had problems with synchronizing fan speed and synchronizing RGB effects. And for the temporary solution of this problem, they said that I should apply the solution at the top of the L-Connect 3 section in the link I gave below. I did what you said and my problem was solved.

https://lian-li.com/tr/sss/

emkdrl07
Level 10

How does MB Sync work for you? Did you install L-Connect 3 first or did you install my Armory Crate?

The steps I wrote there was my step by step.

And since first try the Motherboard pass through worked fine.

But, now I removed the LianLi HUB, and connected everything directly to the motherboard,  way better and clean hahahhahah