cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate / Aura Sync, can't sync Corsair dominator platinum DDR5 RGB RAM

jbmerrill1954
Level 7
Hi,

I've searched all over and tried many things and cannot get my 4x32GB modules of 5200Mhz DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB RAM to sync with Aura. They are showing as Aura Sync devices, but the RGB won't sync or change in any way. I have the latest Armoury Crate and iCue 4 installed, and if the RAM shows up in iCue (only occasionally), I end up with a triangle stating it has lost communication with the DRAM. I do have the Corsair memory plugin for Aura Sync installed. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

B.
11 REPLIES 11

sblantipodi
Level 9
jbmerrill1954 wrote:
Hi,

I've searched all over and tried many things and cannot get my 4x32GB modules of 5200Mhz DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB RAM to sync with Aura. They are showing as Aura Sync devices, but the RGB won't sync or change in any way. I have the latest Armoury Crate and iCue 4 installed, and if the RAM shows up in iCue (only occasionally), I end up with a triangle stating it has lost communication with the DRAM. I do have the Corsair memory plugin for Aura Sync installed. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

B.

Corsair / Asus collaboration is ridiculous.
If something does not work and you ask Asus, it's a Corsair problem,
if you ask Corsair, it's an Asus problem.

Please do not spam the forum with such posts. You are mixing different sticks of memory. we have advised against this, Corsair has advised against this, other experienced people have also advised against this. Cosair and ROG have NOT been pushing the blame.

sblantipodi wrote:
Corsair / Asus collaboration is ridiculous.
If something does not work and you ask Asus, it's a Corsair problem,
if you ask Corsair, it's an Asus problem.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Cosair and ROG have NOT been pushing the blame.

I asked Corsair about Triangle problem from time to time so they said:

If you have any other RGB controlling software such as Armoury Crate you will need to remove it.

So corsair want me to lose all control and setting for my system just to fix RAM's aRGB and I refused to do it and told them I'll not do it.

they replied with:

CORSAIR Support (Corsair)

Dec 9, 2021, 13:53 PST

Hi

We are helping you troubleshoot the root of the issue. If you do not remove AC, how will you control the DRAM?

ASUS software is known to cause conflicts with RGB control of our DRAM. Please follow the previously provided instructions.

Anyway, both softwares conflict somehow, everyone wanna take control, so I disable icue from windows's start, after windows starts and Armoury take control (5mins later) I open icue and then everything works fine unless my pc sleep and wake up, it get missed up and need to restart and do same steps again.

So what's going on with KINGTON, are they also the bad guys in the movie, with the uselessness of 5.7.3.0?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Armoury Crate V5.2.12.0 just rolled out. Please install and give it a try.
An official issue reporting thread will be open next week should you have any problems.

jbmerrill1954 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance,

B.

Then you have to download a previous version, which does not appear anywhere! But by chance when you INSTALL, THE USELESS 5.7.3.0 IS INSTALLED, like hell we do it so that only PREVIOUS VERSIONS are installed. By chance I HAVE COPIES of previous versions DOWNLOADED from ASUS for my motherboard, MAXIMUS
Don't come to me with instructions not to sleep.

Bob1361
Level 8
For me the solution was to manually specify the RAM frequency in the bios.
And as if by magic the RGB started working again.

MarcioTB
Level 9
Even with new update my G.Skill memories (still) aren't recognized too!

Have anybody found a solution to the OP problem? I have the same exact problem, except that the RGB animations randomly freeze from time to time, except the RAM, same as OP brand, that freezes as soon as armoury crate fully loads up. Disappointing.