Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate (AC) completely broken even after full reinstall

BCI1999
Level 7
Hi all!

About a week ago AC completely stopped working out of nowhere. So far I tried:

• Reinstall AC with the provided uninstall tool
  • Deleted every reference i could find of AC in the system files and registery after using the uninstall tool
  • Installed AC version on my motherboard's support site
  • Installed the latest version of AC (after cleaning all the installation files)
  • Ran a chkdsk command in CMD

After doing all that a few times AC still refused to work properly, all I'm seeing when starting it up is a blank UI, hovering the cursor over it shows it's constantly loading and it's refusing to respond when trying to close/minimize it. Only way to close it is through task manager...
Here's a screenshot of the blank UI I'm seeing:

I'm using Windows 10 22H2, and my motherboard is Strix X570-E Gaming WIFI II (latest BIOS).
Anyone who still has any idea of what could be worth trying?
11 REPLIES 11

Jimbo93
Level 12
Hi. All I can really say is that Armoury Crate files and registry entries cannot be removed in the manner you are attempting as some kind of clean start. The only clean start is to reinstall the oerating system. A year ago I researched this situation myself and wrote about it here. While I was able to get the software working again it is not an approach I am recommending to anyone. A few weeks later I reinstalled the OS to be sure there were not any issues on that sytem anyway. So I don't think there is anything else important to say, but if you have questions go ahead and ask.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Hi. All I can really say is that Armoury Crate files and registry entries cannot be removed in the manner you are attempting as some kind of clean start. The only clean start is to reinstall the oerating system. A year ago I researched this situation myself and wrote about it here. While I was able to get the software working again it is not an approach I am recommending to anyone. A few weeks later I reinstalled the OS to be sure there were not any issues on that sytem anyway. So I don't think there is anything else important to say, but if you have questions go ahead and ask.

A full system reinstall is probably the last thing I would do, because of the hassle of backing everything up. Especially since i haven't done it too long ago... I might give the windows system repair thing a try

I mentioned that I have written about it links below that you can take a look at if you like. Maybe some of this will save you some time. Somewhere in the second thread link I discovered I had some WMI corruption that was probably a cause of a lot of my issues. Later I traced it down to a problem with an MEI driver installation.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128812-Armoury-Crate-installation-tips

Jimbo93 wrote:
I mentioned that I have written about it links below that you can take a look at if you like. Maybe some of this will save you some time. Somewhere in the second thread link I discovered I had some WMI corruption that was probably a cause of a lot of my issues. Later I traced it down to a problem with an MEI driver installation.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128812-Armoury-Crate-installation-tips

Thanks for the links! I got armoury crate to properly launch and it ""works"" now. Only problem is that it's only showing my RAM and not my mobo and GPU. There are updates for the "Aura Kit" for those non working devices, but installing this update broke everything, should I just wait or has this been fixed meanwhile?

BCI1999 wrote:
A full system reinstall is probably the last thing I would do, because of the hassle of backing everything up. Especially since i haven't done it too long ago... I might give the windows system repair thing a try

Dude, definitely u don't need to reinstall Windows to uninstall ArmoryCrate. Just use some software removing tool like TotalUninstall or CCleaner

kahatanna7 wrote:
Dude, definitely u don't need to reinstall Windows to uninstall ArmoryCrate. Just use some software removing tool like TotalUninstall or CCleaner

This only breaks the software worse. Bad idea.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, BCI1999.

May I ask if there were any software or hardware changes before the Armoury Crate stopped working?
For example, replaced graphic card or installed the game software?
Could you please share the requested information below?
- Is the BIOS version 4408? Have you tried to reinstall the Windows OS?
- the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, BCI1999.

May I ask if there were any software or hardware changes before the Armoury Crate stopped working?
For example, replaced graphic card or installed the game software?
Could you please share the requested information below?
- Is the BIOS version 4408? Have you tried to reinstall the Windows OS?
- the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed

Thank you.

Hi, I didn't change anything to the hardware of my computer, only updating armoury crate.
My bios version is indeed 4480 and it's basically at default settings, haven't tried reinstalling Windows, might try that next as @Jimbo93 mentioned.
CPU is R7 3700X, GPU Strix 1070ti, DRAM is G.Skill RGB 3200MHz and PSU 750W Seasonic.

BCI1999
Level 7
Small update, got AC to launch, but nearly all options are gone, even the settings menu: