cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.4.8.0: the new update brokes iCUE software

74lobster
Level 10
Hi, I have installed the lastest update for Armoury Crate 5.4.8.0.

Now my motherboard appears regularly under Devices.

By the way, there is a new problem related with Armoury Crate and Corsair iCUE v4.33.138 software compatibility.

I have a Corsair H150i Capellix liquid cooler with LCD display.

Now when I boot the pc, the LCD display shows a big red triangle, and when Windows 11 starts, once ICUE program loads, the LCD display neither appears between the peripherals in the program.

Only when I shut down or reboot the PC, the LCD display, for some second, shows regulary the CPU's temperature.

What a big mess !!! We go worse and worse; someone has any idea to solve this new issue ?

Thanks in advance.
74lobster
875 Views
17 REPLIES 17

My previous post was updated, let me clarify - Armoury Crate 5.4.8.0 is already the latest version, make sure to update the component ArmouryCrate.Aura to v5.4.8.2.

This update is for those with iCUE installed. Aura Sync could not work normally since Armoury Crate could not regain control of the lighting from iCUE.
2 actions can be taken to resolve this:
1. Toggle the "In-game lighting" (off then on again).
2. Install the component "Armoury Crate.Aura" to V5.4.8.2


GEEKCPA wrote:
Checking for updates runs a long time and does not find any updates, let alone version 5.8.4.2 (did you mean 5.4.8.2?)

I uninstalled and re-downloaded AC (only the lite version will download--the 3GB version fails due to a network error--tried three times)

The new download installed version 5.4.8.0 and won't find anything newer. For what it's worth, AC does now run better after uninstall/re-install
_____________________________________________________________
FPS, Racing, and VR Gamer / Tech Enthusiast / ROG Admin

MasterC@ROG wrote:
My previous post was updated, let me clarify - Armoury Crate 5.4.8.0 is already the latest version, make sure to update the component ArmouryCrate.Aura to v5.4.8.2.

This update is for those with iCUE installed. Aura Sync could not work normally since Armoury Crate could not regain control of the lighting from iCUE.
2 actions can be taken to resolve this:
1. Toggle the "In-game lighting" (off then on again).
2. Install the component "Armoury Crate.Aura" to V5.4.8.2


I tried many times, including checking updates and reinstalling armoury crate, but the version sticks to 5.3.4.0.
My device is M16 2021.

xeromist
Moderator
Make sure you go to the Update Center and manually check for updates.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Jimbo93
Level 12
Ok, I have reinstalled Armoury crate as part of an effort to troubleshoot why I don't see this app update. First I checked my windows/microsoft store settings. I did have the auto update store apps off, so I turned that on. I proceeded with the Asus procedure for reinstallation. The FDS update for the steam issue shows up right away and installs fine. Then there is an update for the Asus Update Helper (this happens behind the scenes automatically after the first restart). I did not get any other updates. I decided to experiment with different bios versions as I never did settle on which one I thought was best. I think I am going to settle on 1203. I flashed that in and it seemed to trigger another update of the Aac_GmAcc HAL. I am very pleased with the general performance right now. Here is the service version info currently:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.3.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.6.4.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.78
Armoury Crate lite service 5.3.3
Aura Wallpaper Service 1.3.5.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.50.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.18
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.9.1
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.10.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.2.23.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.58
KingstonDram 1.1.18
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.23
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.40.3
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.10.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.5
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.2
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.4
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

My system specs are in my profile. Probably the windows build number needs to be updated, lets see that is W11 Pro 22621.1194.

So I give up on why the app is stuck at 5.3.4.0. Buts its not causing me any grief.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you have iCUE installed?
Armoury Crate 5.4.8.0 is already the latest version, did you update the component ArmouryCrate.Aura to v5.4.8.2?

[On laptops] You can check the version by going to C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service, the run the executable file "ArmouryCrate.InstallationInformation"
_____________________________________________________________
FPS, Racing, and VR Gamer / Tech Enthusiast / ROG Admin

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Do you have iCUE installed?
Armoury Crate 5.4.8.0 is already the latest version, did you update the component ArmouryCrate.Aura to v5.4.8.2?

[On laptops] You can check the version by going to C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service, the run the executable file "ArmouryCrate.InstallationInformation"


I don't have such iCUE. However, my ArmouryCrate.Aura version is 5.3.2.0. I have checked updates many times.97270

Sorry but you haven't indicated what issue you're facing, and this is probably not the thread to post - it's for issues pertaining to iCUE.
As for the update, please keep an eye over the next 24 hours, it's a new update and so some regions may be slightly delayed.

Dictation wrote:
I don't have such iCUE. However, my ArmouryCrate.Aura version is 5.3.2.0. I have checked updates many times.97270
_____________________________________________________________
FPS, Racing, and VR Gamer / Tech Enthusiast / ROG Admin

XLargeEric
Level 7
74lobster wrote:
Hi, I have installed the lastest update for Armoury Crate 5.4.8.0.

Now my motherboard appears regularly under Devices.

By the way, there is a new problem related with Armoury Crate and Corsair iCUE v4.33.138 software compatibility.

I have a Corsair H150i Capellix liquid cooler with LCD display.

Now when I boot the pc, the LCD display shows a big red triangle, and when Windows 11 starts, once ICUE program loads, the LCD display neither appears between the peripherals in the program.

Only when I shut down or reboot the PC, the LCD display, for some second, shows regulary the CPU's temperature.

What a big mess !!! We go worse and worse; someone has any idea to solve this new issue ?

Thanks in advance.


I had the exact same problem after I had finished my build. I´m running a ROG STRIX X570-E and a Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE .So I run Amoury Crate AND iCUE .Beside other issues I also had the red triangle. The fix was easy and nothing I would have considered: I had to do a power cycle. Not a reboot or shut down. I had to shut down and switch off the power supply for some minutes. The AIO display worked after this and does ever sense !