cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate 5.4.8.0 aura sync not working

souliar7
Level 8
Hi... after new version update 5.4.8.0 aura sync not working and sync with my laptop ROG SCAR G733QR....Aura sync Works only with my mouse and aura wallpaper but not with laptop keyboard...any fix ?
47 REPLIES 47

neggie
Level 7

Jimbo93
Level 12
If no devices are detected, then critical asus services/drivers are broken and/or not running. When that happens there are irreversable changes made to the system and you can't just turn them back on. The easiest solution or only solution is to reinstall windows. I say that as someone who has fixed these problems the hard way and written about it, but I don't recommend it.

neggie
Level 7
so this is damn asus fault then. software and everything was working fine till i updated it. now what your telling me jimbo is that i have to reinstall windows. steps i have taken was uninstalled it via their uninstall tool, deleted all asus folders in program files x86 and program files and app data. restarted windows and reinstall the software. this was sugg by an asus tech i spoke with as well and still no luck. so the only option per your advice is to reinstall windows. asus was my brand to go for many many years and this is just horrible software engineering.

neggie wrote:
so this is damn asus fault then. software and everything was working fine till i updated it. now what your telling me jimbo is that i have to reinstall windows. steps i have taken was uninstalled it via their uninstall tool, deleted all asus folders in program files x86 and program files and app data. restarted windows and reinstall the software. this was sugg by an asus tech i spoke with as well and still no luck. so the only option per your advice is to reinstall windows. asus was my brand to go for many many years and this is just horrible software engineering.

The are a couple of services left on the computer after uninstalling that need to be left alone. When you deleted those files it broke those services.

PWN3D_
Level 9
I got update 5.4.8.2 and ArmouryCrate.AC_FDS v5.4.7.0 today:

I still can't access to my motherboard settings (570X Dark Hero) since it randomly appears or not on the device list after a restart or some hours after opening my session.

When it does appear, I still can't manage to access the settings (Infinite loading)

And to top that, aura sync still can't detect any of my devices.

What a week guys ... what a week...

last time when this problem appeared, i wrote to tech support. and got the best suggestion in the entire universe: just reinstall windows. it's look like " yeah, we f-ked up, but it's only your problem, go f yourself".

PWN3D_
Level 9
@MasterC@ROG or any ROG representative, can we have an actual ETA on a fix for this issue, or any acknowledgement at all that it is something you guys are looking for? Like the main function of Armoury Crate is not working anymore for a week and it's been a complete silence from you...

Am I missing something? Is there an other place where you guys communicate about this stuff that I'm not aware of?

ronzino83
Level 7
If you unistall the software following the procedure and reinstall, it will roll back to 5.3.4.0

neggie
Level 7
You know what. This is BS. I just reinstalled windows and lo and behold it’s fk’n working again with no issues. This is how you loose people. You come out with crappy buggy software and not test it. They must not be very good at software development other than make cool marketing videos and make cool looking software. So yeah windows reinstall worked for me.*

Caverpillar
Level 7
Hi guys, AC automatic update to 5.4.8 version gave me your same issues. I've resolved using the official uninstaller and reinstalling AC without rebooting the pc.
I haven't a lot of asus peripherals, just an Asus B450 Prime Plus mobo, a Pugio Mouse and a Strix Scope keyboard, but now AC works fine like before the fatal update.
Actually, the reinstallation bring me back to 5.3.4.0 version, and no updates are found until now that I'm writing this post.
I Hope I can help our unlucky community with this post, but one thing is sure: Asus needs a way better Software Department, I remember waves of problems followed by intervals of good stability since this suite was called simply Aura Sync.
For future purchases, I reccomend less RGB peripherals (no matter of which brand, RGB is a nightmare for every brand) and more ones made by more skilled brands.
With these problems, I would never buy an expensive GPU from Asus... At least 1000 bucks for this poor support? No, thanks