cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate (5.3.4.0). This software is nothing but a bad joke.

Andreaz
Level 9
Hello All...

Even with the current release of AC (5.3.4.0), nothing is woking. Aura Sync dont see any rgb stuff and the loading times are horrible.
I really cant understand, who release such unfinished and untested Software over and over a gain. AC is a Software Blob. Could you
finally seperate all Aura and OLED display stuff from such a big, fat ogre of Software that is unable to do anything, except beeing
unbelievable slow und useless, please?

Thanks.

Regards,
Andreas
29 REPLIES 29

ahfoo
Level 13
Day in day out lot of Asus system being bought by user with different hardware combo and different usage for different need. Asus Crate do update for certain range of product which in need for the usage with different expectation usage behavior's. Asus crate developer will not be able to make every user happy. Fixed an issue for this pool of user but create another pool of user with different problems. Let them solved it one at a time. End of the day, it not an easy job over at Asus.

ahfoo wrote:
Day in day out lot of Asus system being bought by user with different hardware combo and different usage for different need. Asus Crate do update for certain range of product which in need for the usage with different expectation usage behavior's. Asus crate developer will not be able to make every user happy. Fixed an issue for this pool of user but create another pool of user with different problems. Let them solved it one at a time. End of the day, it not an easy job over at Asus.

I think i need to cry a lil bit for those poor workers. Think their intention is to make money. And they're not able to program code for their products? Seems another joke to me, sorry.

ahfoo wrote:

Imagine defending a company that breaks functions on their OWN hardware. Stop simping for ASUS and hold them accountable for being the failures they are. They chose to program an all-in-one ****stained software and include third-party hardware support. They can't even fix the **** that breaks functions on their own hardware with the ****tastic updates they push through Armory Crate.
I expect them to fix stuff in an update, not break everything. Their ROG Delta headset? Every ****ing update breaks my ability to control the sound profile and disables the AURA function. Every. ****ing. Time. I have to keep Armory II's installer on hand just so I can control the audio profile and have some lighting control over ROG Delta headset because Armory Crate is such a piece of garbage, ASUS just needs to stop programming and go back to basics.

Any hardware upgrades I do, I'm making sure that ASUS is NEVER a part of my system again. I will stick with EVGA, MSI, Corsair, anyone except ASUS. I'm ****ing done with their ****.

xeromist
Vashnik wrote:
I don't ****ing care if I'm insulting your staff and cursing on the forums anymore.

Between this comment from last month and the fact that you are now viciously attacking other members it seems like you no longer wish to be a contributing member on this forum. Banned.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Between this comment from last month and the fact that you are now viciously attacking other members it seems like you no longer wish to be a contributing member on this forum. Banned.

Is there a way to actually contribute to this forum. Many of us try it, but we hardly ever get an answer from asus.

I wish there was a way to send real feedback with logs and issues to asus engineers. Let them know what we need and beta test it for them.

One of the reason many of the issues on these forums appear is as simple as the lack of driver and bios updates for our systems.

I'm still waiting for a bios update for my TUF FX505DT laptop. It requires a bios update to work well with Windows 11 (specially 22H2 that has a lot of issues related with old drivers and bios), but I imagine that bios update will never arrive. The laptop bios is still working with AGESA 1.0.0.3, when AMD requieres AGESA 1.2.0.0.

The common answer, "go back to windows 10", "reinstall windows", etc. Nah, we need updated drivers and bios for our ASUS laptops. That would solve a lot of issues constantly posted here and on Reddit.

By the way, you will soon see a lot of people complaining that Armoury Crate is not showing the CPU temp, because Windows 11 22H2 is either corrupting the old AMDRyzenMaster driver or turning on Core Isolation on Windows Security. Both things are blocking Armoury Crate from reading the CPU temp. Reddit is already starting to see that issue a lot on the asus subreddits.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I see numerous posts but no forms from you submited to report the issue. Please see the thread below. Thanks.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130801-Armoury-crate-v5-3-4-0-aura-creator-v3-4-3-0-report...

JayRos wrote:
Is there a way to actually contribute to this forum. Many of us try it, but we hardly ever get an answer from asus.

I wish there was a way to send real feedback with logs and issues to asus engineers. Let them know what we need and beta test it for them.

One of the reason many of the issues on these forums appear is as simple as the lack of driver and bios updates for our systems.

I'm still waiting for a bios update for my TUF FX505DT laptop. It requires a bios update to work well with Windows 11 (specially 22H2 that has a lot of issues related with old drivers and bios), but I imagine that bios update will never arrive. The laptop bios is still working with AGESA 1.0.0.3, when AMD requieres AGESA 1.2.0.0.

The common answer, "go back to windows 10", "reinstall windows", etc. Nah, we need updated drivers and bios for our ASUS laptops. That would solve a lot of issues constantly posted here and on Reddit.

By the way, you will soon see a lot of people complaining that Armoury Crate is not showing the CPU temp, because Windows 11 22H2 is either corrupting the old AMDRyzenMaster driver or turning on Core Isolation on Windows Security. Both things are blocking Armoury Crate from reading the CPU temp. Reddit is already starting to see that issue a lot on the asus subreddits.

Andreaz
Level 9
...something changed in CPU Load as well in 22H2, i think?

I see numerous complaints but no forms submited to report the issue. Please see the thread below. Thanks.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130801-Armoury-crate-v5-3-4-0-aura-creator-v3-4-3-0-report...

Andreaz wrote:
...something changed in CPU Load as well in 22H2, i think?

Andreaz
Level 9
That seems to be the way, it goes... If the guys report in endless forms and won't get any reaction - would you report anything at anytime ever again?

MasterC@ROG wrote:
I see numerous posts but no forms from you submited to report the issue. Please see the thread below. Thanks.

Andreaz wrote:
That seems to be the way, it goes... If the guys report in endless forms and won't get any reaction - would you report anything at anytime ever again?

I have, indeed, submitted several reports to that Google form they mention, since Armoury Crate 5 was released. Armoury Crate 4.X.X was working great on my ASUS TUF FX505DT. Armoury Crate 5 has never worked ok, the whole windows stutters a lot, like if I didn't have GPU drivers installed. AC5 is heavy. If I drag the app around my desktop, the CPU usage starts going up worse than playing a heavy game. I don't know what they did with the graphic interface of AC5 but it is like running a very heavy app. AC4 was perfect on my laptop, AC5 is a nightmare.

It took me a good time to record my screen to show those issues and upload my videos and logs to that google form they mention. I did it three times. They never answered, they never fixed anything, and they never gave us the option to go back to AC 4.X.X.

I cannot report again because I already clean installed Windows 11 21H2 and I can't take screenshots and logs of the issues on Windows 11 22H2. And If ASUS doesn't do a final round of drivers and bios updates for the TUF FX505DD/DT/DU laptops, I imagine Windows 11 21H2 is going to be the latest version of Windows I'm going to be able to install. Windows 11 22H2 will be very laggy and with a lot of stutter on games while if they doesn't update drivers and bios.

EDIT: Also, the Googlee form focuses exclusivelyy on the Armoury Crate app. There should be another way to send more general feedback about the necessity of new bios and drivers for our laptops, and the reason we need them.