cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate (5.3.4.0). This software is nothing but a bad joke.

Andreaz
Level 9
Hello All...

Even with the current release of AC (5.3.4.0), nothing is woking. Aura Sync dont see any rgb stuff and the loading times are horrible.
I really cant understand, who release such unfinished and untested Software over and over a gain. AC is a Software Blob. Could you
finally seperate all Aura and OLED display stuff from such a big, fat ogre of Software that is unable to do anything, except beeing
unbelievable slow und useless, please?

Thanks.

Regards,
Andreas
29 REPLIES 29

pndiode
Level 11
Fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro 22H2 on August 22, 2022, to fix Armoury Crate version 5.3.2. Fresh install of Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0 followed and It updated to Armoury Crate version 5.0.11.0. Then Armoury Crate updated to version 5.2.12.0. No problems! Today August 29, 2022, Armoury Crate updated to version 5.3.4.0. And this is the result when Armoury Crate updates to version 5.3.4.0 (same as version 5.3.2):

Armoury Crate Device tab sees:

Armoury Crate Aura Sync tab Aura sync sees:

Armoury Crate Aura Sync tab Aura Effects sees:

Aura Creator sees:

When I shut down computer:

If I try to reinstall Amoury Crate version 3.2.3.0 it will try to update to Amoury Crate version 5.3.4 and then Aura Creator will not see any devices. So, I am going to leave it as is for now, because I know I am not alone.

Is there any way I can download Amoury Crate version 5.2.12.0 and Aura Creator version 3.4.3?

PilotGW
Level 8
I apologise for not specifically contributing to the issue in the thread, but I did want to say that a Windows reinstall should never be necessary to fix these kind of problems.

The 5.2.12.0 update broke motherboard boot lighting for me and several others and I spent days uninstalling and reinstalling trying to get it to work again. It then started failing on install so I was ultimately forced to reinstall Windows. Why is that even necessary?

While a Windows reinstall did fix the install problem, boot lighting still isn't working correctly (I haven't updated to 5.3.4.0 however, as I'm, frankly, too afraid to).

ASUS really need to ditch Armoury Crate. Please just go back to a lightweight, standalone Aura Sync. I dare say, a lot of us don't need all the extra rubbish AC comes with.
Greg W.

EASA CPL ME/IR

PilotGW wrote:
I dare say, a lot of us don't need all the extra rubbish AC comes with.

Totally agree with you. From AC I only need to manage macros from the mouse. But for this I have to install a program that takes up 2 gb of space, update the firmware every time, which sometimes lasts longer than 10 minutes and which breaks devices. Absolutely not a viable software concept.

Devices Tab shows 6 Aura Sync Compatible devices, yet I cannot sync any of them that I normally have synced because the Aura Sync tab does not detect ANY of my Aura Sync Compatible devices. Also, the Device Tab does not show any options for adjusting settings for any of my 6 ASUS devices and my Scenario Profiles tab shows no options for my saved Scenario profile (even though the Scenario Profile I use has been saved for over 3 years).

Update 01OCT2022, after the few device and component updates and two restarts, because the GPU update wouldn't install the first time, NO CHANGES to the conditions listed above. All screenshots below still show the present issues.

Update 08OCT2022, these conditions still persist every time I update Armoury Crate and restart my computer. How do I upload a log file to this post? I can't find the thread that explains how to upload a log file.

MuseMKR wrote:
Devices Tab shows 6 Aura Sync Compatible devices, yet I cannot sync any of them that I normally have synced because the Aura Sync tab does not detect ANY of my Aura Sync Compatible devices. Also, the Device Tab does not show any options for adjusting settings for any of my 6 ASUS devices and my Scenario Profiles tab shows no options for my saved Scenario profile (even though I the Scenario Profile I use has been saved for over 3 years).

I have the exact same issue...

After update to 5.3.4.0 my device G733ZX wasn't found in AC. The Performance Settings goes to Windows. After more than one reboot it works. Then i reboot agian and it doesn`t work. I have use the uninstall tool and install AC new. On Installation it comes the Error 502. Now i can't use AC. How can i download the previos Version? Please bring a Fix for this Problem.

DennYoBeats wrote:
After update to 5.3.4.0 my device G733ZX wasn't found in AC. The Performance Settings goes to Windows. After more than one reboot it works. Then i reboot agian and it doesn`t work. I have use the uninstall tool and install AC new. On Installation it comes the Error 502. Now i can't use AC. How can i download the previos Version? Please bring a Fix for this Problem.

I realized, if you keep the system on for an unknown amount of hours, suddenly the overloaded softwareblob detect the rgb stuff. Must be a fantastic algorithm and deep learning curve, needing a horrible amount of cpu power, to see some funny i2c stuff. This all is still a joke.

This last until the next reboot... Then, the complicated Softwareblob-AI need to detect everything again from scratch, what will take several hours again.

Regards,
Andreas

A lot of things depend on your pc, since version 5 things have improved a lot, now if you have bugs go to the thread of reports and follow the procedure so that the technical team can have your log files and identify your bugs.

It's always the easiest way to complain but after a while you have to follow the procedure to identify the bugs, if more people did it the bugs would be solved more easily and quickly.

Regards.

Ribellu wrote:
A lot of things depend on your pc, since version 5 things have improved a lot, now if you have bugs go to the thread of reports and follow the procedure so that the technical team can have your log files and identify your bugs.

It's always the easiest way to complain but after a while you have to follow the procedure to identify the bugs, if more people did it the bugs would be solved more easily and quickly.

Regards.

Sadly, the Software from Asus ist bad since years. Their hardware is indeed, pretty good. I am a loyal costumer of Asus products. But their software always felt like a spit in the corner. Some things will never change, i think. I am good with it, so far. With a 2GB Blob, i only need to control some fancy lights, i will renounce those rgb stuff and declare it as non functional and ban AC from my SSD and keep that in mind for the future.

Regards,
Andreas

Issue resolved after performing a power cycle.

Ribellu wrote:

Regards.

Considering i did that with full post logs and screen shot, and weas never replied to, i'm just stuck with a dark case at this point as nothing RGB works....in addition an "official" thread for the latest ver isn't even up....