cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.1.5.0 - Feedback, REPORT bugs, issues

TSportM
Level 11
Think is best to have single thread giving information to asus about the issues with the new armory crate:

new amory crate 5.1.5.0 bug Clamore II

after the new update cant acess the keyboard page via wireless or wired (using asus Z690 maximus extreme)

just keeps loading and error message 2006

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.1.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.4.5.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.40
Armoury Crate lite service 5.1.4
Aura Wallpaper Service 1.2.5.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.45.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.8.0
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.4.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.1.79.0
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.33
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.3.5
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.39.5
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.6
ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.10.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.5
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

Please fix it

cheers,
Rig1 - 14900K - P115 - E88- Pcore 5.9/6.2/6.3 Asus Z690 Maximus Extreme - Ecores 4.7 - 48GB TForce 7200#64;7400ddr5 - MSI Suprim X RTX 4090@3070mhz - 24gb memory speed - Powerby corsair Ax1500i - Corsair1000d@custom Loop Rig2- 10920X@4.9 - Aorus X299 gaming 9 - gskill 3200@3600 - Zotac RTX 2080Ti - Powerby CM1200 - Noctua NHD15 black - Corsair 900D
77 REPLIES 77

iTriedOverclock
Level 9
Can someone explain to me what the purpose of the "Bios" option in Tools? I've owned a Maximus V Formula, Rampage IV Black Edition, Maximus VIII Formula and now a Maximus Z690 Apex. I always found Ai Suite useless regarding updating the bios now Armoury Crate behaves the same with "No new BIOS available" even though there is a new one available. It seems like every generation flashing a bios on an Asus board becomes a bit more difficult. They removed the option to use the internet when using EZ flash. Flashing a bios from within Windows used to be simple why is it irrelevant on Asus motherboards?

THe bios option, if enabled, is triggered by the first login after installing windows. It starts automatically and asks if you want to install Armoury Crate.

THe part of AI Suite 3 that is called EZ Update is broken on my system. Completely worthless. At least you can uninstall that part.

For having all the latest bios and drivers at easy access, you might try MyAsus App from the windows/microsoft store.

I used to be brave about flashing with windows utilities, not much anymore.

iTriedOverclocking wrote:
Can someone explain to me what the purpose of the "Bios" option in Tools? I've owned a Maximus V Formula, Rampage IV Black Edition, Maximus VIII Formula and now a Maximus Z690 Apex. I always found Ai Suite useless regarding updating the bios now Armoury Crate behaves the same with "No new BIOS available" even though there is a new one available. It seems like every generation flashing a bios on an Asus board becomes a bit more difficult. They removed the option to use the internet when using EZ flash. Flashing a bios from within Windows used to be simple why is it irrelevant on Asus motherboards?

Jimbo93 wrote:
THe bios option, if enabled, is triggered by the first login after installing windows. It starts automatically and asks if you want to install Armoury Crate.

THe part of AI Suite 3 that is called EZ Update is broken on my system. Completely worthless. At least you can uninstall that part.

For having all the latest bios and drivers at easy access, you might try MyAsus App from the windows/microsoft store.

I used to be brave about flashing with windows utilities, not much anymore.

Thanks, not the option inside the UEFI but inside Armoury Crate on Windows. Where you click Tools to install drivers there is an option called BIOS from what I can tell should search for the latest bios. I guess I’ll report the issue as a bug in the other thread.

I’ll give MyAsus app a try, no clue why they removed the internet option in EZ Flash.

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of the "Bios" option in Tools?..
I always found Ai Suite useless regarding updating the bios now Armoury Crate behaves the same with "No new BIOS available" even though there is a new one available

i've never found "auto" update features useful regarding motherboard BIOS for any system/device.
even when they may seem to load properly they almost never offer the latest available.
all laptops, desktop motherboards, all-in-one systems with BIOS auto-update features in their control software have seemed to be useless to me for decades now.
usually the same in regards to drivers, even if they do offer some they're usually not the latest available.
it's always better to keep them up to date ourselves directly from the device manufacturer's product support downloads page(s).

It seems like every generation flashing a bios on an Asus board becomes a bit more difficult. They removed the option to use the internet when using EZ flash. Flashing a bios from within Windows used to be simple why is it irrelevant on Asus motherboards?

the EZ Update feature included with AI Suite has always worked within Windows for loading my downloaded BIOS revisions.
still does, just updated again last week to the latest available on the board's support downloads page.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

GObonzo wrote:
i've never found "auto" update features useful regarding motherboard BIOS for any system/device.
even when they may seem to load properly they almost never offer the latest available.
all laptops, desktop motherboards, all-in-one systems with BIOS auto-update features in their control software have seemed to be useless to me for decades now.
usually the same in regards to drivers, even if they do offer some they're usually not the latest available.
it's always better to keep them up to date ourselves directly from the device manufacturer's product support downloads page(s).

the EZ Update feature included with AI Suite has always worked within Windows for loading my downloaded BIOS revisions.
still does, just updated again last week to the latest available on the board's support downloads page.

MSI's Live Update is one of the best I've seen. Never had any issues with it and saves a ton of time. Then all the major OEMs like Dell, HP and Lenovo have their auto updaters down without much trouble. On Asus I've since transitioned to using Intel's Driver & Support Assistant to install the latest drivers. Asus makes great hardware and have a fantastic UEFI but for some reason their Windows software utilities are lacking. Seems like they focused too much on ads and design of Armoury Crate instead of functionality.

I'll give AI Suite a try when a new bios is released, since all the tools I use are kinda ported into Armoury Crate I don't see a need to have 2 utilities. I am referring to the EZ Flash tool in the bios. My Maximus VIII Formula had an internet option which automatically downloaded the latest bios then flashes it. They removed that option on new boards. If they moved FanXpert back to AI Suite I'd use it again.

If they moved FanXpert back to AI Suite I'd use it again.

currently using their latest release and FanXpert 4 is still included and works fine.

since all the tools I use are kinda ported into Armoury Crate I don't see a need to have 2 utilities.

the utility doesn't need to be running in the background or even opened more than once for fan control.
i run their fan tuning engine, set my parameters for system fans, close it and settings are saved to onboard memory.
usually only open AI Suite III once or twice a year if needed.

MSI's Live Update is one of the best I've seen. Never had any issues with it and saves a ton of time. Then all the major OEMs like Dell, HP and Lenovo have their auto updaters down without much trouble.

they may function but they almost never offer the latest revisions that are available on the actual product support pages.
i have always had better luck downloading drivers, utilities, & BIOS and installing myself.

My Maximus VIII Formula had an internet option which automatically downloaded the latest bios then flashes it.

and how exactly would you know if it was the latest revision available unless you actually went to the support pages and compared them?
in that case you may as well just download them yourself anyway and save the extra step.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

GObonzo wrote:
currently using their latest release and FanXpert 4 is still included and works fine.

the utility doesn't need to be running in the background or even opened more than once for fan control.
i run their fan tuning engine, set my parameters for system fans, close it and settings are saved to onboard memory.
usually only open AI Suite III once or twice a year if needed.

they may function but they almost never offer the latest revisions that are available on the actual product support pages.
i have always had better luck downloading drivers, utilities, & BIOS and installing myself.

and how exactly would you know if it was the latest revision available unless you actually went to the support pages and compared them?
in that case you may as well just download them yourself anyway and save the extra step.

I'm welcomed by this message telling me to use Armoury Crate.

I'd prefer to use Ai Suite and never touch Armoury Crate but that doesn't seem like an option anymore.

MSI pushes the versions on their support pages via Live update. Never had them have a mismatch. Most motherboard manufacturers have out of date drivers which is why I fall back to using Intel's Driver & Support Assistant and station drivers if I want a newer USB/chipset driver.

Again, Asus was the one pushing the latest version of the bios to Ez Flash via internet Download. Look how simple it was before they removed it. Not sure why you're defending Asus removing quality of life features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vziQk3zSl6k

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Remember to report issues in the thread below guys, thanks.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128618-Armoury-Crate-v5-1-5-0-Aura-Creator-v3-3-4-Report-h...

MikeJeffries
Level 9
Has anyone else had their polymo lighting go dead for a section of it?
The Letter 'R' on my z690 hero's polymo lighting area is completely black and wont come back even if i try different effects. Ive tried Aura Creator and all.

MikeJeffries wrote:
The Letter 'R' on my z690 hero's polymo lighting area is completely black and wont come back even if i try different effects. Ive tried Aura Creator and all.
try lightly tapping the area.
have run across similar issues a few times with different devices and many times it is a connection that isn't making proper contact.

the slight joggle can sometimes fix it, though it may only be temporary.
if it continues contact support for a replacement.