cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.0 Blinkin, Aura wallpaper Freeze

MJr418
Level 9
I just updated Armoury crate and Aura Creator, when I choose any moving color effect it freeze then blink and reset every second.

So I had to Choose static Color until this Fixed.

Can't Activate Aura wallpaper, When I try to Activate it Armoury Crate Freeze

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.10.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.8.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.6.0
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.4.0
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
66 REPLIES 66

sa.783 wrote:
Good day to all! It worked for me. Manually launched Aura Wallpaper Service.exe along the path C: \ Program Files \ ASUS \ Aura Wallpaper Service

Thank you! It worked for me.

Asus seems to not add the wallpaper software to start with the system. So for me to make it work i made a new entry for it in the windows task scheduler. (the pictures will be from a swedish OS).

I see that others showed how to do this as well, but this is the graphical manual version. 😛

1. Open Windows Task Scheduler and select the ASUS folder.

2. On the right side choose create activity, name it whatever you want, but i named it as seen on the picture for ease of use. Make sure your settings match the ones in the picture below.

3. Add an activator on the second tab then press "new...". Choose "when logging in". When finnished it should look like this.

4. Then on the third tab you also press new then press the button to locate the software to run. It should be in the following location unless your Asus was installed somewhere else. "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Aura Wallpaper Service" Then choose the asuswallpaper.exe

5. If you're unsure about the settings you can copy the settings from the "ArmouryAIOFanServer" task for example if you have it in your scheduled task list.

6. You should now be able to restart your computer and the software SHOULD run as normal. Just pray to whatever god of your choosing and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

i was having the same problem till i figure out that the wallpaper service doesnt start when we start the computer
i found a simple fix , i am gonna show how to do it
1. go to search , type task scheduler and open
2. look on the right hand side panel , select task schedule library , from the drop down menu select asus
3.on the middle select asus wallpaper service
4. on the right hand side , select properties
5. from the new menu select triggers, click on new
6. select being the task to be at : on log on
click ok

you are done

donut69 wrote:
i was having the same problem till i figure out that the wallpaper service doesnt start when we start the computer
i found a simple fix , i am gonna show how to do it
1. go to search , type task scheduler and open
2. look on the right hand side panel , select task schedule library , from the drop down menu select asus
3.on the middle select asus wallpaper service
4. on the right hand side , select properties
5. from the new menu select triggers, click on new
6. select being the task to be at : on log on
click ok

you are done

Interesting. On my system installer didn't create this task after the first install in December when this feature was released. And when I tried to create it manually - it worked until the first update. After the first update this task launch "service" but it doesn't work. Although when I start exe manually - everything is ok. Difference: 7.5Mb ram consumption in "schedule task" mode (freeze?) vs ~24Mb in "manual start" mode. If anyone can upload exported xml with this task from working instance?
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.

Elkmar wrote:
Interesting. On my system installer didn't create this task after the first install in December when this feature was released. And when I tried to create it manually - it worked until the first update. After the first update this task launch "service" but it doesn't work. Although when I start exe manually - everything is ok. Difference: 7.5Mb ram consumption in "schedule task" mode (freeze?) vs ~24Mb in "manual start" mode. If anyone can upload exported xml with this task from working instance?

i didnt actually understand what you said but , if its still not working for you then i suggest you to uninstall and install it again and then follow my steps , hope it will fix the issue for u

donut69 wrote:
i didnt actually understand what you said but , if its still not working for you then i suggest you to uninstall and install it again and then follow my steps , hope it will fix the issue for u

On my system installer doesn't create this task %) I don't know why, maybe antivirus or something else. I have checked it. And after manual creating of this task - nothing change, wallpaper doesn't work.
I have just asked to export original task from asus (do you see this item on the right panel of task scheduler?) and upload it to this topic.
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.

Elkmar wrote:
On my system installer doesn't create this task %) I don't know why, maybe antivirus or something else. I have checked it. And after manual creating of this task - nothing change, wallpaper doesn't work.
I have just asked to export original task from asus (do you see this item on the right panel of task scheduler?) and upload it to this topic.

Should be useful as my installer didn't create this task either and the old method to create a task with admin privilege on log on didn't work anymore for me ...

PWN3D_ wrote:
Should be useful as my installer didn't create this task either and the old method to create a task with admin privilege on log on didn't work anymore for me ...

There have been some updates to the software since this happened. Might be worth a try to reinstall Armoury Crate completely.

Jimbo93 wrote:
There have been some updates to the software since this happened. Might be worth a try to reinstall Armoury Crate completely.

Well I just did it, clean install of windows 11 yesterday and no luck...

PWN3D_ wrote:
Well I just did it, clean install of windows 11 yesterday and no luck...

what hardware are you using?