cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.0 Blinkin, Aura wallpaper Freeze

MJr418
Level 9
I just updated Armoury crate and Aura Creator, when I choose any moving color effect it freeze then blink and reset every second.

So I had to Choose static Color until this Fixed.

Can't Activate Aura wallpaper, When I try to Activate it Armoury Crate Freeze

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.10.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.8.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.6.0
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.4.0
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
66 REPLIES 66

Holy smokes, spectacular fail. I'm afraid to try again.

I found the problem at least on my system. What happens is the first time you select a wallpaper, it is never actaually downloaded. So the Aura Wallpaper Service.exe crashes and restarts a bunch of times. To fix it,

Use windows task scheduler and end the task and disable the task for "Aura Wallpaper Service.exe" in the ASUS folder.

Use windows Services and stop and disable AuraWallpaperService.exe.

Now open Armoury Crate and go to the wallpaper content page. Click on one or more and confirm you get a download complete message.

Close Armoury Crate, re-enable those two programs, and start them, the services one first, then task scheduler second. You should be good to go. Heres a video of it working.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I found the problem at least on my system. What happens is the first time you select a wallpaper, it is never actaually downloaded. So the Aura Wallpaper Service.exe crashes and restarts a bunch of times. To fix it,

Use windows task scheduler and end the task and disable the task for "Aura Wallpaper Service.exe" in the ASUS folder.

Use windows Services and stop and disable AuraWallpaperService.exe.

Now open Armoury Crate and go to the wallpaper content page. Click on one or more and confirm you get a download complete message.

Close Armoury Crate, re-enable those two programs, and start them, the services one first, then task scheduler second. You should be good to go. Heres a video of it working.

It's worked for me

lowHitman wrote:
same for me - armoury crate freezes when i try to enable the aura wallpaper. And again an example that asus is not able to deliver working software. Shame on you asus team!

same for me 😞

Couldnt find that service in task scheduler and i couldnt complete your steps, my wallpaper aura still freezing while i try to eneble it

crom_257 wrote:
Couldnt find that service in task scheduler and i couldnt complete your steps, my wallpaper aura still freezing while i try to eneble it

Screenshot of task scheduler attached. Right click and select end, then again and select disabled. Use Task Manager to verify that it was killed.

You can't enable it until a wallpaper is successfully downloaded.

JuK3b0x_Gr1m wrote:
Yup, broken for me too.:(

Same problem here!!!!

I've looked through the task manager to see what's going on in there. apparently, there's a task called armoury crate background task host, which gets stopped by windows and causes the app to freeze. after a couple minutes it stops appearing on the task manager and another couple minutes later armoury crate closes. that's all I can get

madding wrote:
I've looked through the task manager to see what's going on in there. apparently, there's a task called armoury crate background task host, which gets stopped by windows and causes the app to freeze. after a couple minutes it stops appearing on the task manager and another couple minutes later armoury crate closes. that's all I can get

I dont know what to say about that. Did you experience the same issue that started this thread? If yes did you try my proven solution to get it running? What steps if any have you already taken? This is what I need to know to provide help. I can suggest additional steps after.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I dont know what to say about that. Did you experience the same issue that started this thread? If yes did you try my proven solution to get it running? What steps if any have you already taken? This is what I need to know to provide help. I can suggest additional steps after.

I was able to execute it by running it as admin. I've also set the task with admin mode