cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.0 Blinkin, Aura wallpaper Freeze

MJr418
Level 8
I just updated Armoury crate and Aura Creator, when I choose any moving color effect it freeze then blink and reset every second.

So I had to Choose static Color until this Fixed.

Can't Activate Aura wallpaper, When I try to Activate it Armoury Crate Freeze

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.10.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.8.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.6.0
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.4.0
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
276 Views
66 REPLIES 66

I had the same problem that my Aura Wallpaper was not in my Task Scheduler. (be sure to check inside the Task Scheduler, left side, in the ASUS folder when you collapse the items.)

What I did was: Close Armoury Crate, disabled the AuraWallpaperService.exe in the Windows Services (this one was there for me).

Then: Open Task Scheduler, copy the settings from "NoiseCancelingEngine" (i think it's not important which one exactly, but i did it with this one).
Right click - Export as .xml
After that, right click in a free space in the Task Scheduler, click import.
Use "Aura Wallpaper Service" as a name, change the Path inside the "Actions" to "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Aura Wallpaper Service\Aura Wallpaper Service.exe" and save.

Be sure to have Armoury Crate not open.

I then followed the other steps from Jimbo: Open Armoury Crate, download a Wallpaper, close Armoury Crate, then re-enable / activate the Service / Task-Scheduler (services one first).

I think a complete re-install also helps, but this finally did the trick. Even after rebooting. Thanks for Jimbo for pointing to the Services and Task Scheduler, would have never found the problem otherwise.

Greets

Maybe the language version os is the problem?
Reinstalling Armory and Aura did not improve. Installation without problem, later upgrade. Wallpapers seem to download but can't start.
Which file you manually selected: "AuraWallpaperService.exe" or "Aura Wallpaper Service.exe" in Task Scheduler ?
Can you show the path and properties of this process?

I did by adding to Task Scheduler - the effect every few seconds keyboard started flashing so I turned it off. I will wait to fix Asus- it's a waste of time. By the way, maybe Asus would send someone for training on how to test applications. 🙂

CrazyKetchup wrote:
Maybe the language version os is the problem?
Reinstalling Armory and Aura did not improve. Installation without problem, later upgrade. Wallpapers seem to download but can't start.
Which file you manually selected: "AuraWallpaperService.exe" or "Aura Wallpaper Service.exe" in Task Scheduler ?
Can you show the path and properties of this process?

I did by adding to Task Scheduler - the effect every few seconds keyboard started flashing so I turned it off. I will wait to fix Asus- it's a waste of time. By the way, maybe Asus would send someone for training on how to test applications. 🙂




Hmm, strange. Seems like different solutions fixes it for different users. Try this one: Aura Wallpaper Service.exe

CrazyKetchup wrote:
Maybe the language version os is the problem?
Reinstalling Armory and Aura did not improve. Installation without problem, later upgrade. Wallpapers seem to download but can't start.
Which file you manually selected: "AuraWallpaperService.exe" or "Aura Wallpaper Service.exe" in Task Scheduler ?
Can you show the path and properties of this process?

I did by adding to Task Scheduler - the effect every few seconds keyboard started flashing so I turned it off. I will wait to fix Asus- it's a waste of time. By the way, maybe Asus would send someone for training on how to test applications. 🙂


I have been where you are with Armoury Crate. I would like to suggest something for you to try but you might need a break from Armoury Crate for awhile. THe idea is to clear your temp files and prefetch files before a reinstall. I have found this to be necessary with Armoury Crate on a few occasions. An even better more permanent solution might be to turn off windows prefetch in the registry. If you are interested in trying either and have questions, let me know. Be glad to answer any questions.

jancla wrote:
I had the same problem that my Aura Wallpaper was not in my Task Scheduler. (be sure to check inside the Task Scheduler, left side, in the ASUS folder when you collapse the items.)

What I did was: Close Armoury Crate, disabled the AuraWallpaperService.exe in the Windows Services (this one was there for me).

Then: Open Task Scheduler, copy the settings from "NoiseCancelingEngine" (i think it's not important which one exactly, but i did it with this one).
Right click - Export as .xml
After that, right click in a free space in the Task Scheduler, click import.
Use "Aura Wallpaper Service" as a name, change the Path inside the "Actions" to "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Aura Wallpaper Service\Aura Wallpaper Service.exe" and save.

Be sure to have Armoury Crate not open.

I then followed the other steps from Jimbo: Open Armoury Crate, download a Wallpaper, close Armoury Crate, then re-enable / activate the Service / Task-Scheduler (services one first).

I think a complete re-install also helps, but this finally did the trick. Even after rebooting. Thanks for Jimbo for pointing to the Services and Task Scheduler, would have never found the problem otherwise.

Greets


Many Thanks now it works fine! 🙂

DmitriyS
Level 11
Aura Wallpaper not supported by me?

CyberAK
Level 7
MJr418 wrote:
I just updated Armoury crate and Aura Creator, when I choose any moving color effect it freeze then blink and reset every second.

So I had to Choose static Color until this Fixed.

Can't Activate Aura wallpaper, When I try to Activate it Armoury Crate Freeze





Exactly the same effect with the Asus Strix SCAR 15, Really disappointed in Asus for providing such an unstable software experience for a $3000 machine!
Had to reset my laptop twice just because the armoury crate app broke SO MUCH, Had tried everything- resetting/reinstalling/reinstalling windows etc.

I really hope Asus makes it up by fixing their software....