cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.0 Blinkin, Aura wallpaper Freeze

MJr418
Level 9
I just updated Armoury crate and Aura Creator, when I choose any moving color effect it freeze then blink and reset every second.

So I had to Choose static Color until this Fixed.

Can't Activate Aura wallpaper, When I try to Activate it Armoury Crate Freeze

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.10.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.8.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.6.0
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.4.0
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
66 REPLIES 66

sandeep17punia wrote:
Im having problems with AURA Sync on my Rog strix G513 laptop whenever I try to change backlights with FN+F4(AURA key) nothing happens for 1or 2 min after that it changes its colour and When I open AURA Sync in Armory crate it does not recognise my device (See attached screen shots) I have tried everything such as Fresh windows with fresh drivers. Currently I installed Windows 11 however windows 10 gave me same problem

One more thing After Installing Fresh copy of windows 10 with pre registration codes My dolby Access asking for purchase whereas it was preinstalled on my Laptop
Thankyou....

I suggest you post this in the hardware and software support forum as its own thread for better attention.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I suggest you post this in the hardware and software support forum as its own thread for better attention.

Will do that
Thanks

MJr418
Level 9
Weird, it fix for me

sa_783
Level 9
Good day to all! It worked for me. Manually launched Aura Wallpaper Service.exe along the path C: \ Program Files \ ASUS \ Aura Wallpaper Service

sa.783 wrote:
Good day to all! It worked for me. Manually launched Aura Wallpaper Service.exe along the path C: \ Program Files \ ASUS \ Aura Wallpaper Service

Hi, Thnx for that hint! worked for me! Strange - i only doubleclicked the exe file (Armoury crate was closed in the meantime) after that the wallpapers showed up in armoury crate.

Hope this will be fixed from asus

Just need to clarify something for folks trying to fix.

In 3rd step above it says:
Now open Armoury Crate and go to the wallpaper content page. Click on one or more and confirm you get a download complete message.

This is the page I am referring to:

lowHitman wrote:
Hi, Thnx for that hint! worked for me! Strange - i only doubleclicked the exe file (Armoury crate was closed in the meantime) after that the wallpapers showed up in armoury crate.

Hope this will be fixed from asus

Actually, this helped me!

Asus, please, hire better QA team and give programmers more time to polish new features.

Threnode wrote:
Actually, this helped me!

Asus, please, hire better QA team and give programmers more time to polish new features.

BUT there is a catch: for every os restart, this should be done again (closing Aura Wallpaper Service with task manager and mnually starting it). Until then, service process consumes around 7% of cpu and does not actually launch.

@Jimbo93

After the last update (HTML Wallpaper 2021/12/29) something started working but not quite well. Process started automatically but Aura has reported that it cannot download the wallpaper. Reinstallation Aura did't help, but helped this https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126985-Intruction-How-to-Fix-Aura-Wallpaper-Freeze-on-Lapt...

CrazyKetchup wrote:
@Jimbo93

After the last update (HTML Wallpaper 2021/12/29) something started working but not quite well. Process started automatically but Aura has reported that it cannot download the wallpaper. Reinstallation Aura did't help, but helped this https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126985-Intruction-How-to-Fix-Aura-Wallpaper-Freeze-on-Lapt...

It does seem that there is more than just one way that the wallpaper was breaking and so a different solution. Whether that correlates with type of hardware or other software compatibility issue it is hard to say.