cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.0.10.0: What is "Hot Spot" Temperature?

guzmanda2132
Level 7
After upgrading to Armoury Crate 5.0.10.0 recently, I see a temperature reading labeled "Hot Spot" on the dashboard Temperature tab. The value is often about 5-10 degrees Celsius higher than the temps listed for the other components.

Can someone please suggest what hot spot means and how it's derived?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Jimbo93
Level 12
guzmanda2132 wrote:
After upgrading to Armoury Crate 5.0.10.0 recently, I see a temperature reading labeled "Hot Spot" on the dashboard Temperature tab. The value is often about 5-10 degrees Celsius higher than the temps listed for the other components.

Can someone please suggest what hot spot means and how it's derived?

Thanks.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I assume its the GPU hot spot temperature, i have one as well.

Thanks for responding. My GPU temp is the next highest reading (e.g. 58 GPU vs 65 for hot spot) so it may indeed be related.

I am going to give this a bump because I would also like to know for sure. I think it could be VRM temp.

mdzcpa wrote:
I am going to give this a bump because I would also like to know for sure. I think it could be VRM temp.

Hello mdzcpa, If you try this monitoring utility linked below and open the sensors page you will see it shows a GPU hot spot temp that aligns with AC reading.

https://www.hwinfo.com/

it is the GPU hot spot, it is classic temp sown by many apps (gpu-z, hwmonitor, hwinfo, ....)