cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.0.10.0 can't see my devices

roskilde81
Level 7
After last update Amoury Crate can't see my devices, reset, reinstall and a tons of restart, had no problems before update.

1. The device page isn't loading within 0.3 seconds = Nope
2. PC, custom build = Nope
3. Aura Sync products - Ruyjin, Asus Strix Z390-E, Asus Strix 2080ti, Asus Tuf GT501
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software = None
5. Wired / wireless connection - Nope
6. Reinstalled Windows? Nope
7. Windows version & build = WIN11 21H2 - 22000.348
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - Them all?
9. Any screenshots of the issue - Is here
10. Use our log collection function: Where do i upload that file?

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.10.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.8.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
AacVGA 0.0.4.6
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
KingstonDram 1.1.12
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.7.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2

91030
27,247 Views
59 REPLIES 59

Jimbo93 wrote:
hi Dhedy I can see in that earlier post of yours that asuscomsvc is stopped that is part of the atk software and if it is not running it means atk is broke and you will not be able to reinstall. Fixing it is going to take manual editing of the registry or windows reinstall. The instructions for editing the registry in the jimbo uninstall procedure thread are still useful but we need to query your registry with the command I show in that thread. I was thinking I might make a little video showing how I do that. Either way there is not a super easy fix. But I will make the video and you will see what needs doing.


wait a minute, now looking again AsusComSvc appears to be DISABLED. This is most likely the cause of your problem. Please use windows system configuration and set it to normal where all services are enabled. Then reboot and repeat the uninstall and reinstall that should fix your armoury crate.

Jimbo93 wrote:
wait a minute, now looking again asus com svc *appears to be disabled. Please use windows system configuration and set it to normal where all services are enabled. Then reboot and repeat the uninstall and reinstall that should fix it.
*dhedy, one other thing, if you have been using the sysinternals autoruns utility you probably need to make sure that no asus startups or services or drivers were left disabled in there. If you have not used the autoruns utility then ignore this.

I'm pretty sure we have identified the issue for dhedy. Who is next?

We need information about any errors in your application event log and confirmation that AsusCertService.exe is running and atkexComSvc.exe is running on your pc. See the screenshots below.

Two more screenshots this time of the system configuration. System configuration can be found at Start menu->windows administrative tools->System Configuration

This is how your System configuration would look when no services are disabled. It is also possible that some of you have some non-critical services disabled. That is fine as long as they don't include Armoury Crate/Asus services.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Two more screenshots this time of the system configuration. System configuration can be found at Start menu->windows administrative tools->System Configuration

This is how your System configuration would look when no services are disabled. It is also possible that some of you have some non-critical services disabled. That is fine as long as they don't include Armoury Crate/Asus services.


I have this service, also it was enable, however... this service with error and can't to use it, even I type and run with admin right:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusROGLSLService\AsusROGLSLService.exe" -runservice

and get "Service failed to run w/err 0x00000000"

I think the new update killed this service so we can't use RGB light and can't find any Aura Sync device anymore.

Hope they can fix it asap

469ma wrote:
I have this service, also it was enable, however... this service with error and can't to use it, even I type and run with admin right:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusROGLSLService\AsusROGLSLService.exe" -runservice

and get "Service failed to run w/err 0x00000000"

I think the new update killed this service so we can't use RGB light and can't find any Aura Sync device anymore.

Hope they can fix it asap


I posted info about system configuration mostly for dhedy. Armoury crate could not reinstall with an asus service disabled. I think dhedy tried a clean boot configuration to be able to uninstall. Have you tried following the advice I posted? Are you going to provide feedback on how my advice worked? I will very soon give up on asking.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I posted info about system configuration mostly for dhedy. Armoury crate could not reinstall with an asus service disabled. I think dhedy tried a clean boot configuration to be able to uninstall. Have you tried following the advice I posted? Are you going to provide feedback on how my advice worked? I will very soon give up on asking.


No, that service is not disable, it only not runing/ can't run when windows start.
Ok, I will try it later, thanks

Jimbo93 wrote:
I posted info about system configuration mostly for dhedy. Armoury crate could not reinstall with an asus service disabled. I think dhedy tried a clean boot configuration to be able to uninstall. Have you tried following the advice I posted? Are you going to provide feedback on how my advice worked? I will very soon give up on asking.


Unfortunately I follow your step to uninstall it via asus's uninstaller, delete registery key... files @ Program Files.... then reinstall it again, but still same, that service still run failed.

Hope Asus will fix it for us

469ma wrote:
Unfortunately I follow your step to uninstall it via asus's uninstaller, delete registery key... files @ Program Files.... then reinstall it again, but still same, that service still run failed.

Hope Asus will fix it for us


I need to research what other software comes with everyones pc/notebook. I am missing something here. Undoubtedly reinstalling other Asus software or drivers is going to be required. Also to anyone reading, it might be safer to hold up on registry editing for the time being.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I need to research what other software comes with everyones pc/notebook. I am missing something here. Undoubtedly reinstalling other Asus software or drivers is going to be required. Also to anyone reading, it might be safer to hold up on registry editing for the time being.


don't worry, I'm always backup/output to a .reg before delete any registry