cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.0.10.0 can't see my devices

roskilde81
Level 7
After last update Amoury Crate can't see my devices, reset, reinstall and a tons of restart, had no problems before update.

1. The device page isn't loading within 0.3 seconds = Nope
2. PC, custom build = Nope
3. Aura Sync products - Ruyjin, Asus Strix Z390-E, Asus Strix 2080ti, Asus Tuf GT501
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software = None
5. Wired / wireless connection - Nope
6. Reinstalled Windows? Nope
7. Windows version & build = WIN11 21H2 - 22000.348
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - Them all?
9. Any screenshots of the issue - Is here
10. Use our log collection function: Where do i upload that file?

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.10.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.8.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
AacVGA 0.0.4.6
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
KingstonDram 1.1.12
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.7.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2

59 REPLIES 59

Jimbo93 wrote:
Run the un-installer 2 or 3 times with a reboot after each, check that application event log shows no asus background service crashes AsusCertService must be running. For extra insurance clean out temp files with windows settings- system -storage. Another optional measure delete windows\prefetch folder contents (preferably from safe mode) using windows explorer this is easy to do. Reboot, let system reach stability. Consider launching maintenance from control panel - security and mainentance, allow maintentance to finish. Install Armoury Crate.

This seems to be a pretty widespread problem with this update, just google "armoury crate not detecting devices" in past week. The only reason i even have it is to plugin the mb and gpu rgb to icue. A couple of lights are not worth all that trouble. Asus makes good hardware but their software is pretty crap.

Hopefully they fix it in a future update so i can turn those logos back on.

Same issue here
v5 basically bricked armour crate. Can't see any of my devices. No features on it work.
Everything worked in v4.

x570-I with a 3950X and 6 ROG peripherals.

Why was there no public beta released for testing?

Also why is there no official bug thread for v5? The "Armoury crate v4.2.5.0 [report here if any issues]" thread is closed with no new alternative.

RltyCntrtnst wrote:
Same issue here
v5 basically bricked armour crate. Can't see any of my devices. No features on it work.
Everything worked in v4.

x570-I with a 3950X and 6 ROG peripherals.

Why was there no public beta released for testing?

Also why is there no official bug thread for v5? The "Armoury crate v4.2.5.0 [report here if any issues]" thread is closed with no new alternative.

The upgrade to 5 went perfectly on my system. It also fixed the 2nd LED strip problem with my mb. I posted instructions for people in your situation in this thread. I have fixed broken arnoury crate installations. Try the instructions then post feedback, include more info like error messages from application event log and screen shot of running processes would help. See the thread "Jimbos uninstall procedure..." in this forum if you want to read up and investigate yourself.

This software is basically beta anyway, check the license language.

Jimbo93 wrote:
The upgrade to 5 went perfectly on my system. It also fixed the 2nd LED strip problem with my mb. I posted instructions for people in your situation in this thread. I have fixed broken arnoury crate installations. Try the instructions then post feedback, include more info like error messages from application event log and screen shot of running processes would help. See the thread "Jimbos uninstall procedure..." in this forum if you want to read up and investigate yourself.

This software is basically beta anyway, check the license language.

I have tried your instructions but have not succeeded either, did you not encounter an error during the uninstall process with Armory Crate Uninstall Tool Version 1.1.8.0 ??
I get an error while uninstalling with this version

dhedy wrote:
I have tried your instructions but have not succeeded either, did you not encounter an error during the uninstall process with Armory Crate Uninstall Tool Version 1.1.8.0 ??
I get an error while uninstalling with this version

Many times I have seen the failed uninstallation problem when an install is broken. The solution is usually to just run the uninstaller again and maybe again after that reboot each time. If 3 times and still no uninstall success then you need to put PC in clean boot config, that means you disable startups and services that are third party, and run uninstaller again. You can look up how to do a clean boot on a search engine. Im going to be busy now will check back later.

AI Suite 3 should be uninstalled first probably. As we learned in another thread AI Suite 3 may be part of the problem.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Many times I have seen the failed uninstallation problem when an install is broken. The solution is usually to just run the uninstaller again and maybe again after that reboot each time. If 3 times and still no uninstall success then you need to put PC in clean boot config, that means you disable startups and services that are third party, and run uninstaller again. You can look up how to do a clean boot on a search engine. Im going to be busy now will check back later.

AI Suite 3 should be uninstalled first probably. As we learned in another thread AI Suite 3 may be part of the problem.

can you show me your task manager process for your Armory Crate..
I'm not using AI Suite 3, and I've also successfully uninstalled the armory crate but the result is still the same after a fresh install :(:(
the following task manager and boot config are running

dhedy wrote:
can you show me your task manager process for your Armory Crate..
I'm not using AI Suite 3, and I've also successfully uninstalled the armory crate but the result is still the same after a fresh install :(:(
the following task manager and boot config are running

I won't be able to till tonight. Leaving right now. But You might want to try installing ai suite 3 and then AC afterward. Fixed someone elses issue. May take some effort but we will figure it out.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I won't be able to till tonight. Leaving right now. But You might want to try installing ai suite 3 and then AC afterward. Fixed someone elses issue. May take some effort but we will figure it out.

I think I posted some of that processes info in the Jimbos uninstall thread, Also check in Hardware Software support forum check my thread "is this normal armoury crate activity"

Jimbo93 wrote:
I think I posted some of that processes info in the Jimbos uninstall thread, Also check in Hardware Software support forum check my thread "is this normal armoury crate activity"

I have followed all the information and uninstall process in your thread but it doesn't seem to work for me,
I have updated anti virus and Visual C Runtimes All in too,
I'm still having trouble reinstalling again

dhedy wrote:
I have followed all the information and uninstall process in your thread but it doesn't seem to work for me,
I have updated anti virus and Visual C Runtimes All in too,
I'm still having trouble reinstalling again

hi Dhedy I can see in that earlier post of yours that asuscomsvc is stopped that is part of the atk software and if it is not running it means atk is broke and you will not be able to reinstall. Fixing it is going to take manual editing of the registry or windows reinstall. The instructions for editing the registry in the jimbo uninstall procedure thread are still useful but we need to query your registry with the command I show in that thread. I was thinking I might make a little video showing how I do that. Either way there is not a super easy fix. But I will make the video and you will see what needs doing.

Edit: I missed something the first time. Disregard above sad story and Go to my next post which contains the good news.