cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 5.0.10.0 can't see my devices

roskilde81
Level 7
After last update Amoury Crate can't see my devices, reset, reinstall and a tons of restart, had no problems before update.

1. The device page isn't loading within 0.3 seconds = Nope
2. PC, custom build = Nope
3. Aura Sync products - Ruyjin, Asus Strix Z390-E, Asus Strix 2080ti, Asus Tuf GT501
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software = None
5. Wired / wireless connection - Nope
6. Reinstalled Windows? Nope
7. Windows version & build = WIN11 21H2 - 22000.348
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - Them all?
9. Any screenshots of the issue - Is here
10. Use our log collection function: Where do i upload that file?

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.10.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.8.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
AacVGA 0.0.4.6
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
KingstonDram 1.1.12
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.7.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2

91030
611 Views
59 REPLIES 59

WillieD
Level 7
Same problem with my X570-E Gaming mb, wanted to set my ROG Chakram keyboard, Chakram mouse and Balteus charging pad to a Christmas theme, and thought I would update first. Now I have no control over any of my RGB devices. This software has always been a little clunky but this last update to 5.0.10.0 is a complete failure. Reinstalled software to no avail.

Same problem here, Asus could do something, or could we go back on older version ?

Edit : solved by installing the whole package, not only armoury crate.

I can't even get proper fan control. I had to drop into BIOS (v 2004) and max out the fans since there is no way to control them from the OS. Forget about the lights and stuff and concentrate on making the software do the basics. Is there some other program I can use to control fans?

CJ

pac1404 wrote:
Edit : solved by installing the whole package, not only armoury crate.


Hi Pac1404, I have the same problem as everyone else, when you installed the "whole package" what are you referring to, is there a link you could post? I'd like to try that. Thanks.

Same problem. My gpu lights went out last night so i thought update would fix. Updated and armory crate will not recognize any devices. Uninstalled, couldn't reinstall because uninstall didn't delete everything. Had to manually delete all the asus stuff out of program folders. Reinstalled with tool from support site.. took a crazy long time but it installed. But still will not detect devices.

On a side note, my pc runs a lot better after deleting armoury crate. Cpu runs much cooler in games. Fewer active threads maybe?

imssind wrote:
Same problem. My gpu lights went out last night so i thought update would fix. Updated and armory crate will not recognize any devices. Uninstalled, couldn't reinstall because uninstall didn't delete everything. Had to manually delete all the asus stuff out of program folders. Reinstalled with tool from support site.. took a crazy long time but it installed. But still will not detect devices.

On a side note, my pc runs a lot better after deleting armoury crate. Cpu runs much cooler in games. Fewer active threads maybe?


Armoury Crate background services use very few resources when it is running right. When you tried to resinstall there was already a malfunction going on with background services, install cant work then.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Armoury Crate background services use very few resources when it is running right. When you tried to resinstall there was already a malfunction going on with background services, install cant work then.


Run the un-installer 2 or 3 times with a reboot after each, check that application event log shows no asus background service crashes AsusCertService must be running. For extra insurance clean out temp files with windows settings- system -storage. Another optional measure delete windows\prefetch folder contents (preferably from safe mode) using windows explorer this is easy to do. Reboot, let system reach stability. Consider launching maintenance from control panel - security and mainentance, allow maintentance to finish. Install Armoury Crate.

Same problem with the last update

The installation is blocked on "installation of components for connected peripherals"
And after a long time, 505 installation failed

What can I do please?

:(:(

K1mHar0n wrote:
Same problem with the last update

The installation is blocked on "installation of components for connected peripherals"
And after a long time, 505 installation failed

What can I do please?

:(:(


Follow the instructions I just posted above. (I had to edit the post for a typo but its good now.) If you have any questions on the instructions feel free to private message me and I'll get back to you.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Follow the instructions I just posted above. (I had to edit the post for a typo but its good now.) If you have any questions on the instructions feel free to private message me and I'll get back to you.


Link to uninstall tool and install tool. https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/