16 REPLIES 16

sakipis
Level 7
same problem here GL704GW

inkognito920
Level 7
the same to me. G731GV
reinstalled RefreshRateService but nothing has changed

If reinstall older version armoury grate service via essuport folder panel overdrive back again!!but if open app make update and gone again

I also had the same problem. I tried to reinstall the armoury crate and the version was still 4.2.5.0. Reinstalling the RefreshRateService and updating the BIOS 321 did not solve it. ROG STRIX G17 G713QR

sakipis wrote:
If reinstall older version armoury grate service via essuport folder panel overdrive back again!!but if open app make update and gone again

How to reinstall armoury crate in eSupport?

4.2.10 is it Armoury Crate service ?

joetong wrote:
4.2.10 is it Armoury Crate service ?

it seems indeed they updated the service part but not the client part, this could be the reason of the Panel Overdrive button disappearance

Jxwong wrote:
How to reinstall armoury crate in eSupport?

Provided you did not format your drive and do a clean install there is a folder in C:\ named eSupport that has all the drivers and software that came with the machine. Just use the uninstaller tool then install it from the eSupport folder. Just dont update it if it was working to your satisfaction there. Personally I dont run it. I love ASUS hardware but the software has never delivered for me.........ever. From the inception of AURA and AI Suite nothing but problems. AI Suite actaully bricked both BIOS ROMS on an M8E. Lucky for me back then they were still socketed and not soldered and I found them on Fleabay for like $20 each and got my machine going again. That was doing nothing but OCing with the app and saving profiles. Id just finished on profile, it was stable then loaded my 24x7 profile and it locked slam up. Hard shut down and it wouldnt restart into BIOS or anything on BOTH BIOS ROMS. Never again. Fans can be controlled from the BIOS if thats how you do it. I use aquacomputer devices on my desk top. My ASUS laptop didnt come with Armory crate (G752VY), it came with gaming center that allows you to manipulate clocks settings and a few other things, that actually works but again, not available for download, its in the eSupport folder and its never been updated which is fine by me.

BigJohnny wrote:
Provided you did not format your drive and do a clean install there is a folder in C:\ named eSupport that has all the drivers and software that came with the machine. Just use the uninstaller tool then install it from the eSupport folder. Just dont update it if it was working to your satisfaction there. Personally I dont run it. I love ASUS hardware but the software has never delivered for me.........ever. From the inception of AURA and AI Suite nothing but problems. AI Suite actaully bricked both BIOS ROMS on an M8E. Lucky for me back then they were still socketed and not soldered and I found them on Fleabay for like $20 each and got my machine going again. That was doing nothing but OCing with the app and saving profiles. Id just finished on profile, it was stable then loaded my 24x7 profile and it locked slam up. Hard shut down and it wouldnt restart into BIOS or anything on BOTH BIOS ROMS. Never again. Fans can be controlled from the BIOS if thats how you do it. I use aquacomputer devices on my desk top. My ASUS laptop didnt come with Armory crate (G752VY), it came with gaming center that allows you to manipulate clocks settings and a few other things, that actually works but again, not available for download, its in the eSupport folder and its never been updated which is fine by me.

that version is way older than the 4.2.5.0 which was working fine
I'm using armoury crate as anyone who bought an asus gaming laptop should do (else just buy another brand because you're limiting what you can actually get from your laptop)

and no need to tell me I could control everything other ways, as that is just not true as some stuff are only available from AC