cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 3.2.5.2/5.4.10.0 fail to display content in Tools

Padlorr
Level 7
Armoury Crate 3.2.5.2/5.4.10.0 still fails to consistently display content in Tools (i.e. nothing under Driver, Utility, Manual & Document, Individual Kits). 1 out of 5 times it will display the content. When it does display content the currently installed versions of drivers and utilities either don't show (show as N/A) or are newer than the "Latest version" listed (come on Asus!) but I digress...

I have tried uninstalling normally then using the Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool and manually deleting Armoury Crate related folders before reinstalling to no avail; I have also tried disabling all Avast shields and adding Armoury Crate as an exception to all shields in Avast to no effect. It doesn't seem to be a software conflict.

Others have had this same problem but nothing has been fixed:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/asus-armoury-crate-tool-drivers-section-not-appearing.377841...

My board is: ROG Strix x570-E Gaming with Ryzen 5600X, all updated drivers and latest updates for Windows 11 Pro.

PS - Asus software seems consistently buggy and untested (e.g. AI Suite III System Info newer than 2.00.05 still gives "Divide by Zero error" while v2.00.05 can't display SPD info; AI Charger literally bricked my system on 2 install attempts) so not only am I not impressed but I'm often fearful about installing new versions. I'm sure Asus can do better if they would only invest the resources. Asus, if you can't or won't invest the resources to better test and fix your software, then focus on fewer/simpler software options with less features and marketing driven bloatware (e.g. I'd much rather have the team that developed the Virtual Pet focused on fixing bugs in AI Suite III or Armoury Crate).
12 REPLIES 12

Jimbo93 wrote:
Edward, the fact that you are not familiar with the ac tools page makes me even more certain that your z13 does not use armoury crate. There is a different app you need to download and use. I am not able to look up the link right now, but I will in a couple of hours. Or you can find it on the asus support web page for your z13.

Ok @jimbo93 - I will wait to hear from you - the Z13 is listed as supported by Armoury Crate though - and the app did have the text ARMOURY CRATE in the title bar - it might have had different features to what others have if they are running motherboards etc. but you can see here it is supported:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042459
"ROG Flow Z13 GZ301"

Jimbo93
Level 12
hmmm, There is a different Armoury Crate installer for the Z13 version 3.2.3.0. Go to the following link, and expand utilities section (after you select your model and windows version). https://rog.asus.com/us/laptops/rog-flow/rog-flow-z13-2023-series/helpdesk_download/

There is also an Aura Wallpaper extension for the Z13 on the same download page. The support page link above is for the US, there may be another almost identical page on the "global" asus site if that applies to you. I leave it you to check that out. I hope this solves your problem Edward. Good luck and let us know.

Edited to add: Please note that the link above is for newer models listed as 2023 models. There are also 2022 models that have a different support page and do not have an armoury crate installer under utilities. You did not share your full model number so I can't tell which support page is correct. But if the support page for your model does not have an armoury crate installer then I have to question whether it would be supported.

Jimbo93
Level 12
Edward, I edited my above post with some more info for you, please check it out.