cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate keeps asking everytime I launch "Install Armory Prerequisite services"

SlimpleSlime
Level 7
94529



Armory Crate keeps on asking me to download this when it was done multiple times.
I don't know what the problem was but everything was working fine until I factory reset my laptop and it now keeps asking me to download prerequisite services.

I've tried everything from using the uninstaller to trying to disable it in the BIO settings but it just won't work for some reason.

After everything was done downloaded the app would ask me to restart and repeat the whole process of asking to download.
Though if I say no to the reset it seems to be working fine but I'm quite bothered by it.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Model : ROG Strix G713QM_G713QM
14,454 Views
24 REPLIES 24

miawolf
Level 7
I'm also here looking for a fix for this. Happens everytime I launch, have tried multiple reinstalls of Armoury Crate and reinstalled Windows 10. OS and drivers have all been updated. Armoury Crate loads finally after I tell it to "Restart Later," else it reboots system and starts the cycle over again. :eek:

94533

Model: ROG Zephyrus S17 (GX701LXS)

miawolf wrote:
I'm also here looking for a fix for this. Happens everytime I launch, have tried multiple reinstalls of Armoury Crate and reinstalled Windows 10. OS and drivers have all been updated. Armoury Crate loads finally after I tell it to "Restart Later," else it reboots system and starts the cycle over again. :eek:

94533

Model: ROG Zephyrus S17 (GX701LXS)



Finally found a fix that works for me: see if ArmouryCrateService is running (in my case it was disabled) and set it to automatic.

cekeu
Level 12
Try running ArmoryCrateInstallTool without uninstalling anything at all. Maybe it can fix the missing parts.

Yeah I tried doing that and in still didn't work,

Any other ideas?

cekeu wrote:
Try running ArmoryCrateInstallTool without uninstalling anything at all. Maybe it can fix the missing parts.


This didn't fix it for me, either.

I don't know if it helps, but when it says "Restart the system to complete installation" and you click Restart Now, it doesn't restart the computer. I then manually restart, but still get the above screen message everytime I start up this program.

Clicking Restart Later has it open the rest of the way and it works fine from there (as far as I can tell).

Mr_Hotwire
Level 8
What I have found is that its not installing or starting ArmouryCrate.Service.Exe.

The forums wont let me attach the log file 😞

Mr.Hotwire wrote:
What I have found is that its not installing or starting ArmouryCrate.Service.Exe.

The forums wont let me attach the log file 😞



Are you using KASPERSKY security software? There are problems with ASUS services again!

Same problem for me. It happened after reset my windows 11. And I'm using pre-installed McAfee on my laptop. Anyone got any solution?

The bug-ridden ARMORY software for quite a while is not an issue by Windows Security. Because, I have the Windows antivirus and I also have full problem with ARMORY.