cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate Detecting ingetgrated graphics, not GPU

pharoh4269
Level 8

I recently built an AMD rig on the ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming motherboard. Rig runs great but I have one gremlin I am trying to address. My iCue software won't detect the Red Devil 6950XT I have installed. Going back to Armory crate it appears that the same problem exists. Temps, voltage, and Ghz of the "GPU" all reflect the onboard integrated graphics on my Rhyzen chip.

How do I get Armory crate to forget the ingetrated graphics on the processor and recognize the GPU??

I would really like to get this solved so that I can base my iCue fan curves on GPU temp instead of the CPU temp.

14 REPLIES 14

Strange...  If cpuid detects it, but AC (which I think uses cpuid sdk) does not, then my only guess would be that the version of sdk which ASUS is using might be out of date.

I think @MasterC interpreted your request as wanting to see your card listed as a device (like an ASUS motherboard or peripheral) in AC, whereas you are just asking for the standard data like temperature and frequency to show on dashboard.

My recommendation would be to follow the process @MasterC has in the stickied thread for reporting AC issues.  Just be really clear, maybe show annotated screen shots where the GPU is missing under dashboard frequency, temperature, voltage -- and include a log as per the instructions, so they can check that for any errors/etc.   They do look at those reports -- I have personally seen issues (that only I reported) resolved via that process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

RogScott
Level 12

Here's the thread to which I was referring...  Not as easy to find "stickied threads" on the new forum (argggh).  Also not possible to edit posts on the new forum (double-arggghhh). 

Armoury crate v5.4.10.0 / aura creator v3.5.7.0 [r... - Republic of Gamers Forum - 908153 (asus.com)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

Thanks so much for the time and thinking, obviously a strange situation. Strangely comforting that both AC and iCue are behaving the same way. Still wish it was an easy fix.

RogScott
Level 12

My best guess is some slight difference in how the card responds to interrogation and some software (I.e., AC and ique) aren’t updated.  Only other thought would be some vbios problem…. Is there any newer vbios for the Red Devil than the one on your card?  I really doubt that’s where the issue is, but it might be worth a try if you haven’t already updated.

Manjiiii
Level 8

Alright just to correct this topic..
I've got a 4090 ROG STRIX + X670E-F ROG STRIX and AC also ignores it and reads my integrated Radeon GPU.
Has absolutely nothing to do with anything above said. AC is just a bad program. Not sure why we don't have the possibility to choose between the graphics adapters.
Looks like I'll change to a different software as my bottom and rear fan only assists the GPU alone.. already deleting Asussoftware every single day for a week sicne I use my new RIG