cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate+ Corsair ICUE problem after BIOS update

Nero666
Level 7
I'm not sure if this is an Asus or Corsair issue but I updated my ROG Strix B450-F Gaming to BIOS 4204 and it broke something in the RGB department.

My Strix graphics card and peripherals work normal in ICUE but I can't control my mobo in there anymore. It is detected but changes made in ICUE software have no effect. Aura Sync in Armory Crate app work like normal. I have reinstalled both applications and I can't make motherboard controls work neither for the ROG logo or the case connected to the RGB header. Any idea?
36 REPLIES 36

ghostrider419 wrote:
I am going to repost my corsair forum post.

I have the same problem. My Asus Prime Pro x470 appears in iCue but the lights just freeze when the plugin is active. Whats weird is my Asus tuf 3070 is working and that is also going through Aura.
I have reinstalled Armoury Crate a few times, restarted, disabled all Asus services, but the motherboard lights will just not do anything. I can get the 3070 to work with Aura or iCue, just not the MB.
I am using Plug-in v. 1.2.1.0.

Later:
I just tried the .dll from this thread https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965 and it worked.
I disabled the plugin in iCue and replaced the .dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS with the one from Asus Plugin.zip. I also renamed the zip .dll from asus_motherboard_plugin.dll to asus_plugin.dll, I don't know if that was necessary. Then renabled the plugin in iCue. The version from the zip file is 1.0.4.0
Of course the my GPU no longer shows up, but I just proved (to myself) that something is wrong with plug-in 1.2.1.0 and my MB.

Also I stopped all Asus services and figured out that the Asus Com Service is the only one iCue needs to control the MB. Armoury Crate will not start properly without its service running, but I don't use that software anyway.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=203757
Corsair employee said "You will need to reach out to Asus regarding the plugin being out of date or not working as it should properly as that plugin is developed and provided by them. "

Yep, can confirm too.

john.awad wrote:
Yep, can confirm too.

What is the solution to this? Wait for Asus to fix it?

PerfectCr wrote:

Basically.

PerfectCr wrote:

Just don't hold your breath. Could be years or never. If they were really interested there wouldnt be a plugin and all this could be done fro the MOBO and not have to use Ique. But even before Corsair RGB fans came into existence the AURA software couldnt even run strips (non addressable) and the MOBO.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I have found it is best to run 2 apps. iCUE without plugins for Corsair devices, and Armory Crate for the Asus mobo, GPU and RAM. Yes, it is 2 things to change, but its pretty easy to do. Less headaches for sure.

Peyman1354
Level 8
armury crates broke my mb maximus xi hero z390 rgb control .,in aura works perfect but cant control rtx 3080 rgb ..why asus just didnt add 3080 rtx to aura?
so we didnt have to use this crappy crates software.,and no one fixing this?
asus software is the worse i ever seen with no responde from asus.

I've had my B550-F and Asus RTX video card rgb being controlled through iCUE but since the update now the mobo rgb does not comply with iCUE anymore... I've tried everything that's been suggested thus far and it seems the only solution is for ASUS to fix this integration. I hope they do it soon.

Update: I just installed new AMD Chipset drivers and now all of a sudden my gfx card won't listen to iCUE anymore either along with my mobo. Not sure how they are related...

same issue. really annoying. following thread and hoping it gets fixed soon. RGB is more hassle then it's worth. even just using Corsair alone can be frustrating. what year is this?

lLegendaary
Level 9
I uninstalled armoury crate .
until asus care about BIOS + APPS for price reason .
They have a lot of good component but for the update they are not even close to MSI