cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any updates on v5.4.8.0

McB_MTRSPTS
Level 9
I'm tired of looking at RGB Puke and with my current version It wont let me sink my headset and Throne Qi stand because its trying to force update the Hal and SDK to these which fails every time. Tried every trick in the book old and new even so far as to clean out the registry even after using the Crate uninstall tool. Asus, been a loyal fan even through all the old Aura issue days. Which I thought were resolved with Armory Crate since I haven't had a single issue until now. Its pretty damn frustrating.
11 REPLIES 11

Jimbo93
Level 12
I am just curious who told you (gave you the idea) to edit the registry?

Jimbo93 wrote:
I am just curious who told you (gave you the idea) to edit the registry?

No one, Advance system care as well as CCleaner always find left over files even after a complete uninstall using the AC uninstaller and a reboot. I dont personally mess with system or reg files.

McB_MTRSPTS wrote:
No one, Advance system care as well as CCleaner always find left over files even after a complete uninstall using the AC uninstaller and a reboot. I dont personally mess with system or reg files.

there is nothing to be gained except a broken system by removing left over armoury crate files and registry entries with third party software or manually. Additionally Microsoft does not support the use of those tools.

Jimbo93 wrote:
there is nothing to be gained except a broken system by removing left over armoury crate files and registry entries with third party software or manually. Additionally Microsoft does not support the use of those tools.

I basically agree, but would expand a bit... Installers (including Armoury Crate's) are designed to expect, detect, and respond to various "common" situations. By manually poking about and deleting things (whether manually or with a tool like CCleaner), you can create situations which are "unique" and "unexpected" by the Armoury Crate installer. That just invites further problems and failures.

Unless you have PROOF that a specific registry entry is problematic, and that removing it will "fix" a problem, the best advice is LEAVE IT THE F ALONE. By manually deleting things, even if they shouldn't be there, you create a situation that is "unexpected" by the installer and may cause more problems than you solve.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
We target to launch the next update within the next 2 weeks. Give it try, if any issues, I'd suggest to reinstall Windows, playing with the registry is not recommended.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
We target to launch the next update within the next 2 weeks. Give it try, if any issues, I'd suggest to reinstall Windows, playing with the registry is not recommended.

My version 5.4.8.0 is actually working fairly well at the moment. Will the new version update my current installation?

And asking people to reinstall windows for this is not possible for many. I don't know why that is even suggested. I can't imagine reinstalling windows every time an update is available.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
My version 5.4.8.0 is actually working fairly well at the moment. Will the new version update my current installation?

And asking people to reinstall windows for this is not possible for many. I don't know why that is even suggested. I can't imagine reinstalling windows every time an update is available.

MasterC is only pointing out that if someone breaks the registry it is out of hands to do anything. Â*

Jimbo93 wrote:
MasterC is only pointing out that if someone breaks the registry it is out of hands to do anything. Â*

Ah, yes. I see. I misinterpreted that. Thanks. However, reinstallation of windows has been recommended frequently for this problem. I simply don’t think that’s feasible in many instances, but if it’s recommended due to registry corruption, that’s understood. Thanks for clarifying that. :)Â*
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

MasterC@ROG wrote:

Thank you, Ill be patient and wait.

For clarity I use advance system care as well as CCleaner, I don't personally touch, look at our mess with system reg files. Even after using the AC uninstall tool. Those programs always pick up left over AC files from the previous install.