cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to Armoury Crate?

nbtc971
Level 10
So sick of the bloatware, broken software known as Armoury Crate. Does anyone know of an alternative that doesn't install WAY too many services and other garbage on your system, oh, and actually works? My entire system and peripherals are ROG, Monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. I have been ROG since it started, but this will be my last Asus build due to their software. Any alternative to AC, or if anyone knows if software in development that I could follow, please let me know.
25 REPLIES 25

JDGroove wrote:
This is my last Asus build as well. I can't deal with the dysfunctional armoury crate.

Can't control my RYUJIN fan. So it's annoyingly loud. Asus support hasn't been useful at all.

I haven't been able to install Armoury Crate properly since I upgraded to resizeable bar with my 3090 FE and motherboard. (And it barely worked before)

In all honestly, the Ryujin 360 is a ridiculously underrated AIO simply because the hardware is first rate. The fact that it has three first rate fans alone makes it better than most other AIOs. Second, it has a fan that moves air at the socket and near the VRM etc, which makes it a step above all other AIOs.

What you need to do (seriously) to get the fan speeds right is this:

1. Uninstall all Asus bloatware like Armoury Crate, Aura, Live Dash, etc.
2. Go to Windows Settings and then Update & Security and go to Recovery. Then go to Reset the PC and proceed to reinstall Windows after backing up what may be removed.
3. Go into the Bios under "Monitor" and set up your fans to your liking.

It is easy as pie. I have two Ryujins in two computers and they work like a charm. I have removed all Asus bloatware in three Asus computers following the above and have never been happier long running.

Nobody needs any of the Asus bloatware garbage like Armoury Crate, Aura, Live Dash and the rest of that garbage (nor any substitutes). All of it may work well for a few months but over time it always becomes like a cancer to your system. The only sound way to get rid of it once and for all is by a reinstall of Windows as recommended above (and of course NEVER installing or reinstalling any Asus bloatware again).

Good luck to all.

priel_hackim
Level 7
nbtc971 wrote:
So sick of the bloatware, broken software known as Armoury Crate. Does anyone know of an alternative that doesn't install WAY too many services and other garbage on your system, oh, and actually works? My entire system and peripherals are ROG, Monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. I have been ROG since it started, but this will be my last Asus build due to their software. Any alternative to AC, or if anyone knows if software in development that I could follow, please let me know.

i dont know but i just did a clean instal and im seek of that 2 .
now windows work only on balanced power plan with no other plans. like u im on asus for a decaded. just got this g15 last year and it alredy fell so broken

priel.hackim wrote:
i dont know but i just did a clean instal and im seek of that 2 .
now windows work only on balanced power plan with no other plans. like u im on asus for a decaded. just got this g15 last year and it alredy fell so broken

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised at how utterly awful it is.
Was really excited for it after seeing so many reviews - but it's only after youve been using it a few weeks you realize how garbage it all is.

I'm really unhappy with mine, had it less than a year and it's been nothing but problems.
Wish I spent the little bit extra and went with a Razer Blade.

z0rn87
Level 8
nbtc971 wrote:

SignalRGb for lighting and Argus Monitor for fans. Latest Armoury Crate forced me to switch.

z0rn87 wrote:
SignalRGb for lighting and Argus Monitor for fans. Latest Armoury Crate forced me to switch.

I'm going to try Argus Monitor - thank you!

thisisrasper wrote:
I'm going to try Argus Monitor - thank you!

Argus doesn't work so well on laptops. Unless I was missing something.

For fan control on laptops you can use a GitHub project called AtroFac.

It works pretty well, but there's really not much of a GUI.

You just have to set the fan curves with a config file.
But it has different profiles to match your windows battery power plan.

And then I use another program called TUFA152021BatteryChargeLimiter
to control the Battery Health Limiter. Also on github

thisisrasper wrote:
Argus doesn't work so well on laptops. Unless I was missing something.

on laptop AC does way more than fans

Profile actually change values in UEFI Bios (such as max TDP for the CPU (SPL and SPPT))

most users having issues are on towers, you should try to solve your issues if any and keep it on laptop

z0rn87 wrote:

I might try SignalRGB as it looks to be free.

Not so sure about Argus though. I would pay a 'lifetime time fee' for it. Yearly subscription sounds pretty lame.

Can I use the thermal sensors connected to headers on the motherboard as a temperature source to control the fans with Argus? Or does it source temps from components only?
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

marksmith85
Level 9
Recently started to use Armoury crate more as got a Claymore 2 keyboard. Hardware is fantastic but I am finding limitations in the rgb/profile separation of devices (this coming from Logitech G-Hub).

It's a tough one tbh my partners PC is all Corsair and I find just as many problems with iCue on her system as I have with AC.

I do preferer the Logitech software buts its not trying to do as much as the AC or iCUE also interacting with just Logitech products is a closed system so easier to program for. AC and iCUE need to interact with various hardware manufacturer's.

First step would be some interaction from Asus software support on these forums to show there listening and taking on board peoples feedback.