cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIOFanSDK error on update

c_c_c_66
Level 7
When I try to update the SDK of my ROG Maxiumus XI hero in Armoury crate 5.3.4.0, I receive this error:

AIOFanSDK:

An error occourred while launching the setup.
The remote procedure call failed.

I have already checked that all the needed services (RPC, DCOM...) are OK and running.
I have tried to uninstall and reinstall armoury crate.

I have a .logE file but I can't upload because I receive this message: invalid type of file.

Please, if you have an hint ....

THANK YOU!
6 REPLIES 6

B12Konsument
Level 7

Same problem.
I have a B550-E Gaming.

worklloyd1
Level 8

If you hadn’t figured it out yet, man, download the Intel Serial IO driver from Armory crate or online. This will give Armory crate access to your pci devices and act as their driver, which in turn will allow Armory to access the AIOfanSDK and allow that update. I don’t know why the driver for IO is necessary but it truly is here.

ROG Strix Z590-A Wifi

The Woof

I have the same problem, updated IO serial driver and chipset drivers, but I still get this error.

I have installed windows completely new and now it’s working!

If using DISM and SFC scan don’t work to correct this, even with IO drivers, I would honestly do the same as other folks and attempt a restore of windows itself.

IO driver fixed it for me so I couldn’t say beyond that what would be interrupting that process. It’s an issue with activating the runtime process so typically it’s a windows failure to contact the driver.

The Woof

gianluca81
Level 8

Fresh new Windows 11, installed really slowly the full package and updated... now seem works!
The only thing, at reboot, I have to reopen aurasync configuration to reapply.