cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIDA64 won't update

Qwinn
Level 11
Hello,

I recently bought a Crosshair x670e Extreme which is supposed to come with an Aida64 Extreme subscription, and indeed, Armoury Crate did install Aida64 for me. The problem is that it is version 6.60,5091, from back in December 2021, and it doesn't recognize most of my hardware properly. Under "Utility", Armoury Crate says the latest version is 6.60, but version 6.75.61 has already been released by Finalwire. Using the "Check for Updates" option in Aida64 itself doesn't update the version (it does report a "No variants found" error during the process, I don't know if that's normal when you *are* on latest version). Checking for updates from Armoury Crate doesn't update latest version numbers either (in fact, I also installed a more recent version of ROG CPU-Z and Armoury Crate wants to reinstall the previous version over it).

I am afraid of just updating using the 6.75 version from AIDA64's website because it's called a "trial version" and I don't seem to have access to the Product Key for this license. I'm afraid that if I do overwrite the installation that way, I'll basically lose my license. Is there a way to get the product key? Do I have any other options?

Thanks for any help.
5 REPLIES 5

SuperTweaker
Level 7
Download their trial version and install it over your current version. No, it does not ask you to buy a new license. In fact, each time I update Aida from within the program I also visit the site and download their latest Aida 64 bit trail version and keep in my Shareware Folder.

Tip: Keep all your licenses for programs on a text file (Notepad). That way you can easily copy them into a program should you need to uninstall/reinstall it in the future.

All programs we download get registered on the companies' servers.

SuperTweaker wrote:
Tip: Keep all your licenses for programs on a text file (Notepad).

Keep *what* in a text file, exactly? As I said in my post, I can't find the product key anywhere.

Qwinn wrote:
Keep *what* in a text file, exactly? As I said in my post, I can't find the product key anywhere.

In your FinalWire/AIDAExtreme folder, you have a file called "pkey.txt" - make a copy of it somewhere safe... this is your license key file. You can install a new copy of AIDA64 and then copy this file over to that folder.

Blai5e wrote:
In your FinalWire/AIDAExtreme folder, you have a file called "pkey.txt" - make a copy of it somewhere safe... this is your license key file. You can install a new copy of AIDA64 and then copy this file over to that folder.

This is precisely what I was asking for in my OP. Thank you!!!

RedSector73
Level 12
The only difference between trial version and the real one is the licence file "pkey.txt" and never seen Aida64 overwrite this file on an installation, but taking a copy is good idea.