cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC can't see my ROG STRIX GTX1070 8G

SilverThunderbi
Level 7
New build with TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II. Video card is not new (ROG STRIX GTX1070 8G GAMING).

Box for the video card clearly shows it’s Aura capable, but several install, uninstall, reinstalls of the latest Armoury Crate, and it simply will not find the card.

Dug out the install CD for the 1070 and installed an old version of Aura Sync, and it found the card and at least allowed me to set a pulsing red effect.

I updated the BIOS as soon as the build was finished. Any help on getting Armoury Crate to recognize my card would be appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hello SilverThunderbird

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Looking at the Armoury Crate compatible device list, the 1000 series gpu's didn't make the list.

It's confusing. I posted a query in the Facebook "ASUS PC DIY Group", which is moderated by an Asus employee. While he suggested posting my issue here, here is what he said about functionality:

"I will also note I have confirmed with a our FAE ( field application engineer and another user ) their 10 series cards working under AC."

So apparently it is *supposed* to work, which jives with the Aura logos plastered on the card's box.

I dug out the install disk that came with the card, and it had a very early version of Aura Creator, and while IT did find the card, the functionality was pretty much useless.

In desperation, I downloaded OpenRGB, and lo and behold, it had no trouble finding the card. So unless some kind soul has some workable solution, I will stick with this for now.

Thanks for replying.

Nate152
Another way to tell if your device is supported with Armoury Crate is, at the ASUS Support Center, Download Center, Driver and Tools, Software & Utility.

Armoury Crate is not listed for your ROG Strix 1070 8G.

There is an ASUS Aura lighting control program for your ROG Strix 1070 8G if you'd rather use it, this is probably what you tried with the install disk and should work.

Click the link below and select Windows 10, under Software & Utility click "Show all" in red, then scroll down to "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & XG-STATION ver 0.0.6.7.

https://rog.asus.com/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-gtx1070-8g-gaming-model/helpd...

Nate152 wrote:
Another way to tell if your device is supported with Armoury Crate is, at the ASUS Support Center, Download Center, Driver and Tools, Software & Utility.

Armoury Crate is not listed for your ROG Strix 1070 8G.

There is an ASUS Aura lighting control program for your ROG Strix 1070 8G if you'd rather use it, this is probably what you tried with the install disk and should work.

Click the link below and select Windows 10, under Software & Utility click "Show all" in red, then scroll down to "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & XG-STATION ver 0.0.6.7.

https://rog.asus.com/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-gtx1070-8g-gaming-model/helpd...

Was hoping to not have to use deprecated software, but will give this a go in a couple of days and see what it does.
Odd that an open source app can detect my card, while software from the the maker of the card cannot. 😕

Thanks for your reply.

Nate152
You're welcome,

I can confirm the program from the ASUS Support Center works.

Nate152 wrote:
You're welcome,

I can confirm the program from the ASUS Support Center works.

Thanks. Sad to see, according to the Asus FB moderator Juan Jose Guerrero, that the Aura utility has been discontinued and is considered end-of-life.

I never would've thought of looking under the Windows10 software listing. Will see if it works better than OpenRGB.

Cheers.

EDIT: It does indeed work with the video card, but that's it. Does not recognize my Asus case fans nor my Asus motherboard. 😕
Will stick with OpenRGB.

notdimh
Level 7

Idk if you still need some help with this, but I think I've found a kinda tricky fix for this.

1. Go to https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/download.php
2. On the bottom of the page you will see a link that let's you download the last Aura Sync Utility.
3. Download it and extract the file.
4. Open the AuraSetup.exe and install the tool.

5. Restart your pc, and open the Armoury Crate app.
6. Now you'll see the GPU on Armoury Crate and you'll be able to sync it 🙂 
imagen_2023-07-01_214324052.png 
This is a odd behavior, but at least it worked for me. 

I assume this is provoced because as GTX 10 Series are somehow old graphics Asus is not taking that much care about the support of it as well as they do on their latest GPUs

Had the same issue and this is just what I needed. Thanks a lot!

You are the MVP MAN ! My 1070 is back, thanks for this fix