cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few services remaining after Armoury Crate uninstalled, can i delete these safety?

ZeroCool22
Level 10
After Uninstalling AC with the Cleaning/Uninstalling Tool.

These services still on the system:

Can i eliminate them? (not sure about ASUS Com Service), but the other two were created with Armoury.

Thx in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Jimbo93
Level 12
ZeroCool22 wrote:
After Uninstalling AC with the Cleaning/Uninstalling Tool.

These services still on the system:

Can i eliminate them? (not sure about ASUS Com Service), but the other two were created with Armoury.

Thx in advance.

the cert service and com service and drivers can not be removed manually. If the ai suite 3 is compatible with your system (supplied for it, then see if your asus support page has ai suite 3 cleaner. It can remove almost everything see my tips thread.

Jimbo93 wrote:
the cert service and com service and drivers can not be removed manually. If the ai suite 3 is compatible with your system (supplied for it, then see if your asus support page has ai suite 3 cleaner. It can remove almost everything see my tips thread.

Lol, too late, i already eliminated them trough CMD command:

Minus the Asus COM Service.

ZeroCool22 wrote:
Lol, too late, i already eliminated them trough CMD command:

Minus the Asus COM Service.

🙂

You could still try the AI cleaner if you want to get it all, like the registry and any remaining files, certain drivers. I have the steps here, see number 6.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128812-Armoury-Crate-installation-tips

The reason it works is that both AC and AI suite 3 install some of the same components. But the AI cleaner won't do a full clean if thinks AC is installed. The steps at link take care of that.

When I said you can't do it manually i was referring to getting it all cleaned out. Sometimes a partial manual cleaaning can have some unsatisfactory results.

Jimbo93 wrote:
🙂

You could still try the AI cleaner if you want to get it all, like the registry and any remaining files, certain drivers. I have the steps here, see number 6.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128812-Armoury-Crate-installation-tips

The reason it works is that both AC and AI suite 3 install some of the same components. But the AI cleaner won't do a full clean if thinks AC is installed. The steps at link take care of that.

When I said you can't do it manually i was referring to getting it all cleaned out. Sometimes a partial manual cleaaning can have some unsatisfactory results.

Thx you.