cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the perception of ASUS graphics card in your eyes

Mason
Level 10
Hello to everyone in the ROG community out there. Thanks for checking out my post and sharing your thoughts. The reason for this post is because ASUS branded graphics cards have recently become the #1 graphics cards on the market so I want to follow that up with a poll to see what you all think. As many of you are system builders/upgraders (I think that's a word), you represent a major group of our intended market and your input will be invaluable.

Being that this is an AMD GPU sub-forum, this poll will give us an idea as to what you think about our AMD graphics cards compared to other vendors' AMD cards. For the poll, choose the option for the vendor you think makes the best AMD graphics cards and then list who you think is 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in a post. Aside from ranking your top AMD card vendors, any other thoughts, comments, things you would like to see are of course more than welcome! 🙂

Thanks for voting!
39 REPLIES 39

ASUS Matrix Platinum.

Dark
Level 9
This was a hard question for me i at to say ASUS but on saying i do love some of the Sapphire range card's

Im not go'ing to name them as it'll take me a wile but my vote is with ASUS but i did want to vote Sapphire so im split both sides
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite

ssmb_92
Level 7
At this point i won't say ASUS cos both my DCUT2 7970's are hopeless. Why isn't EVGA on the poll list, theirs are mad card, my mates 690gtx is like a wet dream lmao.
My Rig:
Rampage 4 Extreme BF3/Dead 3960X thanks 2 RIVE/16GB (4x4GB) G.Skill RipjawsZ CL9 PC19200 2400Mhz/ASUS HD7970 DCU2T No longer Xfired - 1 card dead n never really worked/Threw away my Phoebus/Thermaltake Toughpower 1500W PSU/480GB Intel 520 Series SSD/2TB WD Black Caviar HDD -- All in Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS (BigWater 850GT LCS) Chassis with all the bells and whistles. Peripherals: Vulcan ANC, Logitech G-19 K/Brd, Logitech G700 Mouse.

Snaptrap
Level 10
Yesterday was my 3rd Asus graphics card return in 5yrs. All of them were related to the DCII cooler. Both of my 6950's were returned due to bending PCB's. Picked up my Matrix last week only to return it because of screen jumping in Windows. Works fine now. The company really needs to put more care in assembly, especially with ROG products. Obsolescence is also a problem. Rather than try adding new and compatible features to older products such as Virtu MVP on the Z68's, they simply abandon any support and force users to spend another $400 on a new motherboard. Asus is currently on my "last chance" list. If I experience the same thing on my Maximus V as I did with the Maximus IV, then I'm done.

Snaptrap wrote:
Yesterday was my 3rd Asus graphics card return in 5yrs. All of them were related to the DCII cooler. Both of my 6950's were returned due to bending PCB's. Picked up my Matrix last week only to return it because of screen jumping in Windows. Works fine now. The company really needs to put more care in assembly, especially with ROG products. Obsolescence is also a problem. Rather than try adding new and compatible features to older products such as Virtu MVP on the Z68's, they simply abandon any support and force users to spend another $400 on a new motherboard. Asus is currently on my "last chance" list. If I experience the same thing on my Maximus V as I did with the Maximus IV, then I'm done.

I am so with you on this... so close to be done with ASUS

Thomoe
Level 7
i have returned 2 HD MATRIX 7970 because of Sqaure-like artifacts in games... also they mess up the sky in BF3 after 1 hour of gaming in stock clock...

Dartmaul
Level 12
Since I owned my 1st rig I use AMD cards, I've had X850XT, HD2900XT, HD4890, HD4870x2, HD5970, HD6990, and now I have pair of HD7970 and all these cards were made by Sapphire. But all of these were reference. But if I'll gonna get non-reference card I'll buy MSI.

Sorry Asus, I love your mobos, but you cannot win VGA battle with additional fans.
And DC2/Matrix? Haven't seen any of these on top of HWbot's rankings 😄

Dartmaul wrote:
And DC2/Matrix? Haven't seen any of these on top of HWbot's rankings 😄

You know why? Because the other companies have some kind of deal with HWBOT... I always complete the "Manufacturer" and "Model" fields when submitting - and in the rankings I'm seeing only "Radeon HD7970" (check the 7970 rankings and my submissions today) 😛

Zka17 wrote:
You know why? Because the other companies have some kind of deal with HWBOT

Bot is probably pretty free "battlefield" where anyone can post some results.
Off course overall benchmark's top1 is a manufacturer's challenge, but how's about enthusiast's league?
I have few 7970 H2O submissions, few of them are even good, and you know, I haven't seen any DC2\Matrix above me, but a lot of MSI's Lightings)

Zka17
Level 16
Just be patient, time will come for the DC2/Matrix cards too! 🙂