cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Hot or Not.

Nackers
Level 15
Hi guys,, I have dual XFX R7770's running a 19" monitor at 1400/900 @ 60Hz and a 32" tv at the same Res... Been playing BF3 on the 19" and monitoring my GPU temps on the 32" tv,, boy the temps are high, between 85 and 90c under full load.. I tried changing settings in the game from ultra to high to medium and it doesn't make much different to the temps maybe 2 or 3 degree... when just running one screen the temps 80 to 85c max load..

I have all my case fan running flat out, Cpu and MoBo been getting to 45c max, ambient 32c, so their ok.. Would down clocking the graphic cards from stock, like , knocking the power back a few %, Gpu clocks back a bit etc, help. or would that cause more trouble than it's worth.. Or are the temps ok.. Thanks Heaps..
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Those temps are hight but within the range, and the why of it is the increased real-estate.

Bigger screen space = heaps more work for the cards.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nackers
Level 15
Ok thanks heaps HiVizMan.. That's Good to know..

Dartmaul
Level 12
You can adjust VGA fans manually.
By default they wouldn't get faster then 40% until GPU reaches 100 degrees, then they cool it on 100% load until 95 degrees and get back to 40%.

You can set static fan speed or adjust dynamic graph with dependence of fan speed from temperature.

Gringjammer
Level 8
I have just one single Asus EAH6950 DirectCU II 2GB and runs on 1 monitor 1920x1080 ultra high battlefield 3. Sometimes it gets till 95 degrees on 100% fans usage and yes it has 2 fans.
I guess these temps will be fine, never had strange textures with this card while playing for a long time or black screens for a while all is still fine.
greets Gringjammer

Dartmaul
Level 12
The max GPU temperature is around 110-115 degrees. Kinda deadline.

But in any way, with any chip (GPU or CPU doesn't matter) the colder the chip is, the better and longer it will live.
If you aren't annoyed by noise from cooling system - make it run on higher rpm to keep the GPU colder.

Nackers
Level 15
Thanks Heaps for all the info guys..

kkn
Level 14
if possible you could mount a fan on the side door blowing air on to the side of the cards? ( if there is an option for it that is )