cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Matrix R290X problem

VanDark
Level 7
Please help me.
I buy in a shop in Poland ASUS ROG Matrix R9 R290X. I have a bill of purchase. She does not work well. Above 55 ° C the failure of the display driver. I wrote to support the Asus Polish but they refer me to the vendor. Seller finished his business and closed down shop. Support does not want to help me because my serial number of the card is not from Poland. How should I know. Support does not tell me what to do next. Do not write off the email and can not be contacted by telephone. I am disappointed because eight years was selling computers and your components in my company. It's bad for the image of Asus. Much is wrong with Polish internet about technical support in Poland. I'm broken. Please help because a lot of money paid for this product and I can not use it.

Respects.
Irek Bohowicz

[Product Information]
Product type: Graphic Card
Product Model: MATRIX-R9290X-P-4GD5
Product Serial Number: E3YVCM072841
Purchase Date: 2015/03/11

[Parameters motherboard]
Motherboard Manufacturer: Asrock
Version Motherboard Extreme 3 970
(tested also on Asrock Killer FX990)

[Specifications CPU]
CPU Manufacturer: AMD
CPU Type: FX-8350
CPU Speed: 4GHz

[Memory specifications]
Manufacturer of memory Kingstone
Memory model: HyperX
Memory capacity: 2x4 GB

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64bit

ps.sorry for my english 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

Vlada011
Level 10
Did you tried maybe to flash BIOS.
On this page you can download two version for ASUS R9-290X Matrix Platinum.
Maybe is not everything lost, I would tried everything to put card on legs.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?architecture=ATI&manufacturer=Asus&model=R9+290X&inter...

Pay attention and read over net how to flash BIOS on Radeon cards. This is not recommend to do always.
Only as last solution. I do that only on GeForce models with 2 BIOS where no way to brick card because you can boot second BIOS and reflash first. Never on Radeon. How many models R9-290X Matrix have? 1 or 2...
If one model have lower clock maybe you can try to confirm instability with downclock. That's reason for RMA as well.

I'm always sad when I hear some bad experience as this. Everything is clear and I believe you invest all money in graphic card even CPU and motherboard are not for someone who have a lot of money. AND ASUS SHOULD HELP!!!
You bought graphic card from shop, they closed store and you can't call them?
Usually store send card to distributor and they resolve problem or send to ASUS office.
I think ASUS have international warranty? If card is in warranty, if card is not damage, if serial number is there than someone try to fooled you.
Do not allow that.

Because eventually warranty problem I payed my motherboard 450E, even if I had option to guy bring me from Hungary same motherboard for 390e. But I was not sure if something happen to him for next 2-3 years better to pay to biggest official partner in my country. And that was cheapest, price in some stores go up to 500e.

I decided to describe what this case has been done.
Well, nothing.

Asus is the worst my purchase in life. $ 700 threw in the trash. Technical service has me in the ass and no-one bothered to help me. It's very sad.
2 months writing email support and no solutions. I can not play I can not use as intended and no one seems to care.

I wrote to FTP into Polish. They sent me to Spain. In Spain they sent me with this problem to Polish. In Poland, however, they told me to write to Spain and when I wrote to Spain told to wait a month to make a decision. Waiting month and the month was nothing they could do and they tell me to write Polish. In Poland, they are saying that it was my problem and I have to deal with.

And I already I have no idea how to fight. Bios'es changed nothing could. Expose the computer to freeze the window is 1 ° C where it helps a little but on 10 minutes and the game crashes when the card reaches 55 ° C

Desalting of $ 700 and I ****. The Asus **** or do not want to fix it or do not want to help.
I will describe this in Calty world and is my only way to court. How so you can treat customer! I bury all purchasing this equipment. Maybe there is not enough ASUS cases, but the service is toatalne misunderstanding.

I understand your frustration. I've bought my last ASUS product and I never intend to buy anything from them again. All the ASUS products I've ever owned always had issues and problems that ASUS doesn't want to fix or do anything about.
I've just sent back a MG279Q with dead pixels and now might have to send back my 4th graphics card because it at times crash when starting games. I don't even want to start on all the other ASUS products I've had issues with..

ASUS is not what it once were. I would suggest staying away from this brand for now.
Please note that this is based on my own experience with their products.

Vlada011
Level 10
I think ASUS products legal purchased in PC store have international warranty.
You should write directly to main office in Tai Pai and to explain them that you have fault products ready to RMA.
Did Poland have main distributor for ASUS or ASUS office there or office for that region?
Their duty is to help you, that's law, nothing else.
Next time only buy from bigg stores. You are in EU and you could order from Germany or other places who take care better for customers. You will not pay custom taxes.
Stay away for small stores.
But many people make problem to self because they don't want to pay shipping 20 euro and than buy hardware strictly in their countries and on that way only make more problems to seld.
Because of that people in Serbia are ready to sit 30-40 days and spend hours on phone, hundreds of mails,
frustration,...
Because they don't want to pay international shipping and to wait replacement after 10 working days to arrive.

Example imagine EVGA, when something not work you could write directly to technical support or on forum.
They will recommend few things until they recognize advanced users and until you explain that really no solution and nothing help.
Usually everything finish from 1-24h... In that period you get link to start RMA request...
There you write shortly what happen and they send you
RMA number and describe how to send package.
You use package and send fault hardware to them. For max 20 days replacement arrive. Because process usually last 10 working days and when they send package arrive for 2 days usually.
Example sending from Serbia to Munich Germany for 1-2kg is about 20 euro. Package arrive with plane usually for 3 days and you have tracking number. That's national post service, better to everybody use that than Fedex, DHL, UPS, in some countries they as more than 100 euro.
And that's whole problem... They could recommend you try this, try that until you explain that you have experience long time with computer. Or if you explain that immediately what you tried they will ask you nothing any more immediately send link for RMA request.
Once they made mistake and didn't mark package nicely and my custom ask for me to pay 30-35 euro...
One morning I still sleep, phone start to ring...technical support from Germany call me on phone and request to UPS Serbia send them my bill and they will pay my custom tax.
That was not their duty, at the end I say I will pay I don't ask that from you... No they paid around 35 euro and my package get priority and arrive much faster than others, because other people wait 30-40 days package, one month stay package on Serbian custom. If you buy something that travel few days but custom keep one month.
In USA situation is 10 times better, we are even discriminated in Europe compare to USA. There when someone describe problem on forum, after 2h 2-3 employers are there immediately to advice what to do and to send as RMA.
And they get new for 5 days.

ASUS will have much more customer if start similar to treat customers.
With their good products and similar support they could make more profit.
Now become more and more common when ASUS present new hardware people check everything and comment
Yes it's good but I can't buy... what if something not work... I can't fight with technical support.
And they decide to buy inferior products. Last 2 years that become common.
Such excuse become common. People are not aware that with GIGABYTE, MSI situation is similar, very.