cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA question about R9 280x (R9280X-DC2T-3GD5)

rcarlos243
Level 7
I have 2 of these and both are having serious problem.

They would cause my system to BSOD in idle, while browsing the internet, while watching movies and while playing games.

On very rare occasion, i would get a random white/black fast moving lines on my screen on games.

I contact Asus and they said I should RMA it.

my question is:
The serial number of the GPU is printed on the original retail box, do I need to ship both cards on the original retail box?
1 REPLY 1

Ishan
Level 7
I feel your pain brother. I'm also a victim and was stupid enough to purchase this crappy card.

In my case, i created a RMA and then they just asked me to drop the card at their service center nearest to my home. I went there and they only accepted the graphics card and returned everything back box, CD, wires etc. Then they put it in their system and gave me piece of paper containing my RMA number case with authorized sign\stamp etc.

Before taking the box i did photograph the serial number and the box etc as a proof of purchase even though i had the invoice as well.

So my advice to you is that you should just ship the inside boxes and keep the original retail box containing the serial numbers or cut them out. Best thing to do here is first talk to the ASUS tech support and ask what he wants you to do here. And prepare yourself for a long ride...