cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered a different model for RMA replacement

Wreckless985
Level 7
So my 3 month old ASUS ROG STRIX RX580 8GB card took a dive on me and was sent in for an RMA. I was contacted by email and told that due to a "parts shortage" my repair would take an undefined amount of time. They gave me an offer for a GTX1060 6GB as a replacement. A non-STRIX GTX1060. I feel like I'm kind of getting screwed on this one. Thoughts from anyone that may know more about this card? On paper, this is an obvious downgrade.
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152

So it's within 5% on most things but still a slight downgrade based off of those numbers. Thanks for the info.

Wreckless985 wrote:
So it's within 5% on most things but still a slight downgrade based off of those numbers. Thanks for the info.

I personally would have rejected the GTX 1060 as replacement as RX580 will perform better for future games because of the architecture. Did they ask you for your permission before replacing you with the GTX 1060? If you accepted it then I guess there's nothing you could do but if you were given this replacement without your consent then please kindly send me a PM with the RMA#, SN for previous and current card, and a link to an image of the purchase invoice. I can have our service team follow up on this case and further escalate it. Thanks.

I did reject the GTX 1060 and was sent an email basically saying they would contact me again if/when something comparable to my current card becomes available. But thank you for that information. I hadn't thought about it from the perspective of future games. Very valid point.

It's been almost two weeks since I declined the offer for a GTX1060. Since then I have sent several emails requesting a status update or ETA and all have been ignored. I'm getting pretty frustrated now that this RMA has taken nearly a month. Is there anything that can be done to speed this process up? From what I was told over the phone when creating the RMA, this process should have taken 7-10 business days. It's been twice that so far and no one will even try to answer me.

Wreckless985 wrote:
It's been almost two weeks since I declined the offer for a GTX1060. Since then I have sent several emails requesting a status update or ETA and all have been ignored. I'm getting pretty frustrated now that this RMA has taken nearly a month. Is there anything that can be done to speed this process up? From what I was told over the phone when creating the RMA, this process should have taken 7-10 business days. It's been twice that so far and no one will even try to answer me.

Can you please send me a PM with the following details:

Product S/N:
RMA#s:
Case ID#s:

Thanks.

xeromist
Likely due to the shortage caused by crypto-currency miners. They've bought up every GPU available to use for mining.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…